Sign in to follow this  
spark65

we are not the only ones

MK Dons are supposed to be an ambitious club but they are picking up low league players with out a club and I am sure they will not be too far away come May

Twenty-two-year-old Mark joins the Dons as a free agent following his departure from Crewe Alexandra this summer and has signed a two-year deal with the Club.

Former Liverpool trainee Partridge also arrives as a free agent, having most recently been with League 2 Chester City. The 28-year-old Irishman has signed a one-year deal.

I think we were linked with that partridge a few seasons ago. Shame we didnt sign him for the headlines we could use-ah ha!

He scored a stunner against us in one of our last ever matches at the old Highfield Road. He tore us apart that night (cant remember the year) and I thought that he would go on to better things, but he never did.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]He scored a stunner against us in one of our last ever matches at the old Highfield Road. He tore us apart that night (cant remember the year) and I thought that he would go on to better things, but he never did.[/quote]

Went to that game DF. Partridge scored a stunner from about 30 yards before Tall Paul did something similar with a hint of a deflection. I think it was the only point I saw us get in quite a few visits to Highfield Road.

Nutty,

If I recall, we were totally outplayed until WLY scored in about the 89 minute or so. The Coventry fans were justifiably pig sick as they should have won a comfortable margin.

I was at that one, too - a m/w game; Partridge''s goal was certainly a great strike, recall that we equalised quite late on. The thing I remember most was stumbling upon an ''away fans only'' pub before the game, pretty close to the ground, something that I thought was slightly unusual.

The point of the thread, though, is that many sides seem to be signing freebies at the moment - Saints, with all their new money signed an ex-binner (Harding) today; Jason Euell''s gone to Blackpool - yup, on a free. It does seem to particularly be a feature of this close season so far that the ''traditional'' transfer fee has become almost unusual. Perhaps when the multitude of free agents have been hoovered up, that is when the fee-paying transfers will come back in.

DF

It was a typical Norwich away performance. We were totally outplayed and the Coventry fans were pig sick when we equalised. McVeigh used to pop up with the odd important away goal. I was at Bradford when he scored the winner in the last minute in a game we had no right to win on the way to the play-offs.

Highfield Road was never a happy hunting ground for me. My first visit was way back in the 70''s when a John Bond side lost 5-4. John Ryan, Kevin Reeves and Martin Peters had scored for us and Ryan had another pen saved in the dying minutes that would have made it 5-5.