Sign in to follow this  
Ankles50

Is 7k a week to high for a Div1 side?

I think there will still be a few members of our squad earning that kind of money so do not think it will unsettle anyone.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Have a read through this thread.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1766909/ShowPost.aspx
[/quote]

Not interested is debating the actually player.  I''m asking if 7k a week too much for ANY div 1 player and if it could have disruptive effect on balance of the side.

[quote user="Ankles50"]

[/quote]

Not interested is debating the actually player.  I''m asking if 7k a week too much for ANY div 1 player and if it could have disruptive effect on balance of the side.

[/quote]

Well put it in "other football" then!

[quote user="Ankles50"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but if you read the thread you''ll see countless posts from Camul who clearly says that he''s spoken with Gunn and it''s not £7k a week. It''s clearly the agent trying to drum up the best deal for his client.

Is it too much? Yes. Will it upset balance? Well, no - because he''s not on £7k.

[quote user="TheCardinal"][quote user="Ankles50"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but if you read the thread you''ll see countless posts from Camul who clearly says that he''s spoken with Gunn and it''s not £7k a week. It''s clearly the agent trying to drum up the best deal for his client.

Is it too much? Yes. Will it upset balance? Well, no - because he''s not on £7k.

[/quote]

Pretty sure i said allow 20% for inflated reporting, but then you can''t have read that yourself

Big question is why are we offerign anythign over 2k to anyone when money is so tight?

[quote user="Ankles50"][quote user="TheCardinal"][quote user="Ankles50"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty sure i said allow 20% for inflated reporting, but then you can''t have read that yourself

Big question is why are we offerign anythign over 2k to anyone when money is so tight?

[/quote]

Here we go again... I suppose you are one of those who is always asking "why can''t we attract players?".

He cost nothing. Pay him £7k a week. Selling on in 12 months with two years of his contract to run for £1m. Good business. Now that''s prudance with ambition.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys are doing it again, nowhere official does it say £7k a week - it''s all speculation in the press and this message board -  but off we go berating the Club for this scandalous waste of money!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did read that. It doesn''t withstand that you are making assumptions regarding any figure. We don''t know what wage Stephen Hughes is being offered, nor anyone else. We knew that in the Championship we had a wage budget of £8mil and while I think that figure will/has been drastically reduced, I would hope that with all the loanees returning, the depatures of Marshall and seemingly impending departures of Clingan and Rusty, there is room to offer these sorts of wages - especially when it concerns a player available on a free transfer.

Money is tight, yes that''s very true. But you have to remember that our budgets are still bigger than a great majority of others in this division.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]You guys are doing it again, nowhere official does it say £7k a week - it''s all speculation in the press and this message board -  but off we go berating the Club for this scandalous waste of money!![/quote]

Totally right [Y]

Firstly, 7k a week is press talk.  Secondly, from what I have seen, read and heard Stephen Hughes is a good footballer.  If you want good footballers then you have to pay for them.  Thing that really gets my goat is that everyone moaning about the 7k are the same people moaning about lack of ambition, make up your minds.

Good signing for me, especially if we can get a decent fee for Russell.

£7,000 a week is a lot even at Championship level, if we''re paying him and others close to that figure i don''t understand how anybody can complain the board aren''t giving funds to Gunny, just 3 players on that wage is £1m from the playing budget