Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Absolutely delighted if this is true....

Stephen Hughes for Daryl Russell..... Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. To be blunt and straight to the point, Russell has been a liability for us and to replace him with a player of the calibre of Hughes is a big big coup for us.

Finances aside (we don''t know if the 7k is true), this is a great deal, and I am sure that the club isn''t losing money on this. Assuming that Russell goes for 500k-600k, and was on say 5k a week, the transfer fee for Russell will more than cover the extra expense for Hughes.

Superb bit of business. But Delia, be aware, that this would mean the rebate money still hasn''t be spent!

I expect to see a top striker and a decent right winger arriving too before I am content, and a new right back before I am happy!

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]Stephen Hughes for Daryl Russell..... Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. To be blunt and straight to the point, Russell has been a liability for us and to replace him with a player of the calibre of Hughes is a big big coup for us. Finances aside (we don''t know if the 7k is true), this is a great deal, and I am sure that the club isn''t losing money on this. Assuming that Russell goes for 500k-600k, and was on say 5k a week, the transfer fee for Russell will more than cover the extra expense for Hughes. Superb bit of business. But Delia, be aware, that this would mean the rebate money still hasn''t be spent! I expect to see a top striker and a decent right winger arriving too before I am content, and a new right back before I am happy![/quote]

Ill agree with all of that. Left back preferably as well, as cover for Drury

pretty good signing if it happens .

if russell is sold for 500k that is a big bonus i never rated the player he could lose you a game very quickly .

no transfer money spent its going on the mans wages !!!

"I hope you realise which Stephen Hughes we''re signing..."

Yes the better one. The old, ex-Arsenal, Hughes has always been injury prone and lightweight.

Apparently Bump... personally I thought we are after the out of contract ex RANGERS midfielder over the Arsenal one :)

And I just realised Juan worded it in such a way I read it wrong... time to climb back into my hole

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]Stephen Hughes for Daryl Russell..... Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. To be blunt and straight to the point, Russell has been a liability for us and to replace him with a player of the calibre of Hughes is a big big coup for us. Finances aside (we don''t know if the 7k is true), this is a great deal, and I am sure that the club isn''t losing money on this. Assuming that Russell goes for 500k-600k, and was on say 5k a week, the transfer fee for Russell will more than cover the extra expense for Hughes. Superb bit of business. But Delia, be aware, that this would mean the rebate money still hasn''t be spent! I expect to see a top striker and a decent right winger arriving too before I am content, and a new right back before I am happy![/quote]

Yes. Russell is so bad that a Premiership side want him.

A case of Emperor''s new clothes perhaps.

I think the fact that Hughes has chosen NCFC is maybe there isn''t truly a better team that wants him.

Not sure why Russell has become so unpopular. OK so he had a poor disciplinary record but we saw for ourselves the standard of refereeing and he showed competiveness and commitment which i yearned to see from his loanee team mates and the likes of Otsemebor et al.

Cannot believe Burnley are targeting players of Russell''s quality for the premier league.

Clingan must be gutted if only Coventry are interested in him and Russell looks like going to play in the Premier.

If £600k is true then it is a great piece of business as long as that is put back into the squad......I know that is a big if!