Sign in to follow this  
IPYellows

Next 10 games

Just a little concerned at all this ''season starts on 2nd October talk'', actually it started several weeks ago against Palace and despite some of the nice things that has been said, bottom line is we are winless,second bottom and should we not get a reasonable return against Pompey and the Baggies then I fear daylight will emerge between us and safety.

Whilst I''m not expecting the 4-3-3 which served us so well in the run-in last season I feel first and foremost a complete overhaul of the midfield is essential as it makes no difference who plays up top whilst the midfield looks devoid of any creativity.

If I were a Pompey,Albion fan etc I would hardly be quaking at the thought of playing against a team who has not scored a league goal in open play for over six and a half hours.

I was hoping the opening of the transfer window would be our savior but given our poultry budget and the fact that with the execption of Simon Charlton, none of NW''s summer signings have improved the side or indeed look likely of getting any kind of run in the team I suspect we''ll be going with what we''ve got.

I''ve spent 9 long years traveling the length and breadth of the country and hoped we wouldn''t go down with such a whimper.

I couldnt agree more, Charlton for me is going to be player of the season, but we dont seem to have any more options upfront than we did last season and we are running the risk of sinking without trace without troubling other premiership defences. The reason we were under such pressure on saturday was because we hardly ever had the ball at the other end of the pitch taking the pressure off our defence.

If we do have to go down , lets at least give it our best shot. If we are not prepared to do so we should stay in the Championship and god forbid we get promoted again, I for one will not "enjoy it" I would enjoy competing with the likes of Rotherham rather than not competing with the likes of Southampton.

If we dont get a proven goalscorer in the team (even if its from the reserves) our premiership days are numbered.