Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

From a Shrewsbury fan on another messageboard

Saw Grant Holt a few times whilst at Forest, not the most gifted of footballers but really puts himself about and scores goals at this level. Probably not good enough to move up to Championship level but will score goals this season if he signs and for £275k i think he''s worth it.

"But I bet he wasnt trying to seacrh for houses in Nottingham, maybe somewhere else beginning with an N 8-)

"

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]That forum seems to suggest he''s going to Notts County, with 1 random poster just saying Norwich[/quote]

Exactly what I thought

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]That forum seems to suggest he''s going to Notts County, with 1 random poster just saying Norwich[/quote]Wasn''t just one poster.

there was a poster called bringbackchippy who has never been wrong before who posted about Holt a few days ago.

Notts County can afford higher wages than us now, so I would put my money on him playing 4th division football next season!

The original thread was saying he has been linked with Notts County but there are 2 posters on there who insinuate they are "in the know" who are dropping hints he is going to us.

That combined with the fact that a couple of "in the know" posters have hinted on here we are signing Grant Holt, the fact Gunn did not deny it when asked the other day and the fact a Shrewsbury fan has just randomly replied to a thread I started on the another board about 2 different players to say we will shortly announce the signing of Grant Holt for £275k leads me to conclude that there may be something in it.

Not saying there is. May be complete cr*p and all these posts may be from the same wind-up merchant but IMHO no smoke without fire.

[quote user="ncfclad"]there was a poster called bringbackchippy who has never been wrong before who posted about Holt a few days ago.[/quote]But has he ever been right???

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="ncfclad"]there was a poster called bringbackchippy who has never been wrong before who posted about Holt a few days ago.[/quote]But has he ever been right???[/quote]Yep, he informed us all of the so called ''dream team'' before it was announced.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="ncfclad"]there was a poster called bringbackchippy who has never been wrong before who posted about Holt a few days ago.[/quote]But has he ever been right???[/quote]In December he said (re Alex Bruce joining and Croft leaving):

l can back up this story also, steve bruce is a good friend of mine, he

says alex wants to come. Croft is moving, along with David Marshall,

3m. Also a done deal regarding Lita
Not quite always right then! [:)]