Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Norwich sign hughes!!!!

Very sceptical until it''s on either here or the official site!

Too much bull flying around to believe things nowadays!

OTBC!

[quote user="Wassa Gorn On"]Nice that the club are slacking in announcing it if this is true. "We will keep the fans informed as and when"......or maybe by the time you get out of bed the Scottish press will have already done it for you. Good signing all the same.[/quote]

It''s not the Scottish Press, it''s his agent promoting himself.

[quote user="Beatle"]

Very sceptical until it''s on either here or the official site!

Too much bull flying around to believe things nowadays!

OTBC!

[/quote]

A couple of reputable Scottish papers and Radio Norfolk? C''mon it''s not Good News Gordon....

[quote user="porkyp"]This is also confirmed on the wikpedia site by his agent - dated today 22/07/2009.[/quote]It must be true then, it''s not as if any man and his dog can edit Wikipedia.  Oh, they can!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Wassa Gorn On"]Nice that the club are slacking in announcing it if this is true. "We will keep the fans informed as and when"......or maybe by the time you get out of bed the Scottish press will have already done it for you. Good signing all the same.[/quote]

It''s not the Scottish Press, it''s his agent promoting himself.

[/quote]

That may be but it is in The Scotsman newspaper

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]£7,000? In League One? Not even remotely likely.[/quote]

how much do you think Leeds pay Beckford to kep him there every year? or how much do M K dons pay to keep hold of Di Matteo?

jas :)

I dont think he is a winger more a tenacious midfielder I am assuming gunn has wingers in sight a he stated in Scotland we are not currently blessed with widemen

[quote user="Soldier on"]I dont think he is a winger more a tenacious midfielder I am assuming gunn has wingers in sight a he stated in Scotland we are not currently blessed with widemen[/quote]

Pattison uis still there though ;)

jas :)

So I take it nobody knows much about this guy then? I note he played 100 games for Leicester although I don''t really remember him?

Is a report on pinkun now but is just a re-hash of the Scotsman story. I think this must be true though as the agent is not trying to get a bidding war going (as it appears he was last time) he''s actually saying the door is closed as the deal has been completed. can''t think why he would want to do that unless there was some truth in it.

He is a central midfield player, not a winger although he can play there if pushed. He is a good "footballer" and likes to get forrward but from what i saw was a little lightweight, so i''d imagine he''s likely to partner OTJ.

Whaley, Hughes, OTJ, Hoolahan

looks quite tasty

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He is a central midfield player, not a winger although he can play there if pushed. He is a good "footballer" and likes to get forrward but from what i saw was a little lightweight, so i''d imagine he''s likely to partner OTJ. Whaley, Hughes, OTJ, Hoolahan looks quite tasty[/quote]

Does look decent. I find it interesting though that everyone seems to be asusming thta OTJ will be first choice but not Gill. From the very little i have seen so far of the new duo I thought Gill looked a very good little player and OTJ has been very quiet in the games he''s played. Guess its early days though.

Whaley and McVeigh would surely help on that front?[quote user="Soldier on"]I dont think he is a winger more a tenacious midfielder I am assuming gunn has wingers in sight a he stated in Scotland we are not currently blessed with widemen[/quote]

What I like is that we are actually building a Norwich City team, people who we will be able to properly support. Not a sniff of a loan player, if Roeder had still been here we would no doubt have at least five loanees by now!

Hasn''t Mr Gunney mooted Gill as a potential captain? In which case it sounds like he sees him as a first team regular.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The fact we''re argueing over who should play in the engine room is a good thing in my eyes, Pattison, Adeyemi and Smith not even had a mention yet[/quote]Completely agree, and agree with Salahuddin''s comment about loanees!I''ve got to give it to Gunn, he is plucking these players out, and while there is no-one that has cost us any significant money at the moment I think he is doing a good job.  A team of players to support, and it is looking better every day.

Great, another midfielder who doesnt create or score goals. Where are the goals gonna come from next season?

Interesting to read through the whole history of this. The only thing I would add is that McNally told the Pink''un that Whaley was still expected to sign. Perhaps now a new striker will follow that!

I see us playing all three in midfield (Hughes, Gill, OTJ - with youth players pushing for chances), then Hoolahoop behind a new target man and one of Cureton/Martin/Cody. Although not sure about Fatty (back up when play four across midfield?) and Lappin (back-up when play four across midfield and for drury?)....

[quote user="NC"]I see us playing all three in midfield (Hughes, Gill, OTJ - with youth players pushing for chances), then Hoolahoop behind a new target man and one of Cureton/Martin/Cody. Although not sure about Fatty (back up when play four across midfield?) and Lappin (back-up when play four across midfield and for drury?)....[/quote]

Then Whaley for right side of midfield when play four (away), Lappin/Fatty on the left, with one of Hoolahoop/non-target man striker and one of OTJ/Gill missing out.

[quote user="NC"]I see us playing all three in midfield (Hughes, Gill, OTJ - with youth players pushing for chances), then Hoolahoop behind a new target man and one of Cureton/Martin/Cody. Although not sure about Fatty (back up when play four across midfield?) and Lappin (back-up when play four across midfield and for drury?)....[/quote]

I see us chopping and changing tactics with options on the (expanded) bench. We seem to be getting in players to suit all positions and styles. Crook will have his work cut out this season.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The fact we''re argueing over who should play in the engine room is a good thing in my eyes, Pattison, Adeyemi and Smith not even had a mention yet[/quote]

Completely agree, and agree with Salahuddin''s comment about loanees!

I''ve got to give it to Gunn, he is plucking these players out, and while there is no-one that has cost us any significant money at the moment I think he is doing a good job.  A team of players to support, and it is looking better every day.
[/quote]

Do you think that we will spend any money on anyone?

Agree. We would appear to have plenty of options in there for whatever formation we want to play. I hope we don''t chop and change too much and the reality is that one or more may be injured at any given time but i can''t recall us having so much depth in terms of midfield options for some time if the Whaley and Hughes deals both go through. If there was any truth in the Adomah rumours and that were to happen as well then I would be cock-a-hoop!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The fact we''re argueing over who should play in the engine room is a good thing in my eyes, Pattison, Adeyemi and Smith not even had a mention yet[/quote]

Completely agree, and agree with Salahuddin''s comment about loanees!

I''ve got to give it to Gunn, he is plucking these players out, and while there is no-one that has cost us any significant money at the moment I think he is doing a good job.  A team of players to support, and it is looking better every day.
[/quote]

Do you think that we will spend any money on anyone?

[/quote]

I did but now i''m not so sure. Depends on how highly we rate Maric. If Gunn thinks he can do the job of the tragetman than maybe he''s decided to spend the money on wages and signing on fees to get the best frees out there rather than transfer fees. Whaley is for a fee though I think.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Great, another midfielder who doesnt create or score goals. Where are the goals gonna come from next season?
[/quote]

100%, bloody exactly star!

Well when are they going to announce these effing things?? Agents saying it is one thing, but we need an announcement from the club! The usual silence from NCFC, it never changes but its just so frustrating! We must be the least vocal club in the country...Incidentally, nice to see Archant doing their usual research and reporting verbatim what the Scottish paper and his agent have said about the wages... Cam has Gunny as saying this is untrue, so why can''t one of our local reporters just call the manager and ask him?? Nope, too much work, better to just copy and paste, then time for lunch....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Well when are they going to announce these effing things?? Agents saying it is one thing, but we need an announcement from the club! The usual silence from NCFC, it never changes but its just so frustrating! We must be the least vocal club in the country...

[/quote]

One would suggest that they saving money on the coffee and biscuits by waiting until they have enough signings in the bag before calling a Press Conference later in the week.