Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Norwich sign hughes!!!!

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hughes-joins-Norwich-on-threeyear.5480767.jp

good work gunny!!

This is fantastic news. Good to have him on board tbh (if it''s true, anyway). I''m trusting you Duffman!

Well, The Scotsman is a generally reliable (some would say slightly dull...) paper, and last week Hughes''s agent was stressing that the deal was not completely dead, so it has the look of being true.

this is fantastic news for us if it is indeed true.... i think it is... Puts a doubt over whether whaley is going to sign though as i think they are both right wingers... is this the reason for the delay in whaley''s annoncement? or, is it that whaley said no in the end and hughes was the fall back... either way if i had the choice it would have been a tough one but i think i would go for hughes out of the two for his passing ability.

god i hope this is not true, we have enough  midfeilders and if we are paing him 7000k a week its a complete joke!!!

i thought gunny was steering us in the right direction,

we need 2 strikers a left back and a right back,

Can anyone shed a little light on the players abilities?

Im not about to say Im underwhelmed by this signing, but I really dont know enough about him to form a fair opinion.

[quote user="city till i die"]

god i hope this is not true, we have enough  midfeilders and if we are paing him 7000k a week its a complete joke!!!

i thought gunny was steering us in the right direction,

we need 2 strikers a left back and a right back,

[/quote]

and a right winger?

7k a week comes to 364k a year. Who cares if its all on wages or not? Would people prefer we pay a 100k fee for someone and pay 5k a week wages? Same money.... We were hurt last year because an overall lack of depth when people got hurt. If this guy can get it done, then I say good work Gunny. Gives us some options.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]7k a week comes to 364k a year. Who cares if its all on wages or not? Would people prefer we pay a 100k fee for someone and pay 5k a week wages? Same money.... We were hurt last year because an overall lack of depth when people got hurt. If this guy can get it done, then I say good work Gunny. Gives us some options.[/quote]

You have not offered £7000 a week for Hughes whether or not you have signed him.

Source: Bryan Gunn.

Found this on the Motherwell site. Seems Gunny is going for inipedal players...

Date of birth: 14.11.1982
Height: 1,80
Nationality:

- Scottland

Foot: right

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]7k a week comes to 364k a year. Who cares if its all on wages or not? Would people prefer we pay a 100k fee for someone and pay 5k a week wages? Same money.... We were hurt last year because an overall lack of depth when people got hurt. If this guy can get it done, then I say good work Gunny. Gives us some options.[/quote]

You have not offered £7000 a week for Hughes whether or not you have signed him.

[/quote]How did you get to ask him that? I''d expect him to keep a tighter lid on those kind of things, especially when a journalist comes knockin''.....

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

The £7000 a week quote was fed to the Daily Record quite probably by an agent who was hoping for that.

Untrue.

Mr Gunn batted it down with a delicious Delia comment which I am afraid we cannot repeat as it was off the record.

He can be quite witty sometimes.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

How did you get to ask him that? I''d expect him to keep a tighter lid on those kind of things, especially when a journalist comes knockin''.....
[/quote]

I am not sure you understand how this business works.

When he held out for better offers everyone slammed his attitude and said they didn''t want him. Now he''s supposedly signed it''s all well done Gunny, great signing.Make up your mind.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]When he held out for better offers everyone slammed his attitude and said they didn''t want him. Now he''s supposedly signed it''s all well done Gunny, great signing.

Make up your mind.
[/quote]

Cannot say about the player or whether it is a great signing but it isn''t £7000 a week.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="John"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]How did you get to ask him that? I''d expect him to keep a tighter lid on those kind of things, especially when a journalist comes knockin''.....[/quote]

I am not sure you understand how this business works.

[/quote]Well it is a little late... But i wasn''t sure on whether he''d be willing to quote you a specific amount, considering everything about the club up until this point from a financial aspect has been hidden quite well, and i can''t personally imagine Gunn willing to disclose anything related to the clubs finances to anyone connected with the media at the moment.Oh well, anyway i''ll take your word for it... It''s late, and to be honest i''m no longer sure why i bothered asking what now seems to of been quite a useless question, i must admit [:|]

Nice that the club are slacking in announcing it if this is true. "We will keep the fans informed as and when"......or maybe by the time you get out of bed the Scottish press will have already done it for you. Good signing all the same.

[quote user="John"]Well it is a little late... But i wasn''t sure on whether he''d be willing to quote you a specific amount, considering everything about the club up until this point from a financial aspect has been hidden quite well, and i can''t personally imagine Gunn willing to disclose anything related to the clubs finances to anyone connected with the media at the moment.Oh well, anyway i''ll take your word for it... It''s late, and to be honest i''m no longer sure why i bothered asking what now seems to of been quite a useless question, i must admit [:|][/quote]Where does Cam say he knows the specific amount? He is saying that Gunn has told him he''s not offered Hughes £7k a week - the only implied suggestion is that it''s a lot less, but nothing specific. What''a ao difficult to believe about that?