Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

What a horrible day.....

....... City getting murdered, only compensation so are Ipswich, 0-2 down man sent off, Blast they came back to win 3-2 ! Crikey only hope of happiness is for England to win cricket....stay tuned

actually jim i am quite content ..... but that has nothing to do with football, may i ask how your wife''s birthday surprise went after your previous post?

we do have something to be grateful for today, west brom were beaten and palace (though sounding as if they deserved it) drew at villa, if one of them had won it would have been worse!

maybe, in a few weeks time today''s game will be seen as a learning curve, that the diamond, and therefore ultra defensive stuff, doesn''t work.  Why oh why are we still not playing proper strikers upfront, why is holt accommodated in the team above everyone else and why are jonson, mcveigh, leon and helveg not given full games to prove themselves? 

It is only the start of the season and we should not panic yet, no way, but we cannot keep playing so defensively.  We really have to get to grips with this league and do what is necessary, try out our genuine strikers, play our strongest players in every position and pass the ball on the floor and keep possession.  I don''t want to use the word holding the ball up ever again!!!

not at all simple i know, but we have to do it, then, if needed buy any replacements in january. 

[quote]actually jim i am quite content ..... but that has nothing to do with football, may i ask how your wife''s birthday surprise went after your previous post? we do have something to be grateful for toda...[/quote]

Cheers Gazza, yeh wife''s anniversary went O.K. thanks

Even WBA''s result wasn''t good for me, I backed them to lose 3-0, they made it 3-1 last minutes.

Ah well ! Some weeks one is the pigeon other times you have to be the statue.

Probably the first back as it''s almost a home game for us - yes it was terrible, but Liverpool were top drawer - fast covering well probing passes and good finishing.

We WERE better when the diamond disappeared (why it was Safri off and not Holt when we''re already 2 down I''ve no idea), and the upside is that I would hope Leon starts next sat and we go 442 from the off: the players look so much happier.

Remeber our season starts in October so here we go then - bring on the Pompey!

it had to happen a good turning over and the diamond fails as previous posts state 4-4-2 seems the way foward next two games 4 points needed go for it worthy

The game stats don''t make for easy bedtime reading:

Liverpool
Shots(on goal)    20 (12)
Fouls                 10
Corners               4
Off-sides             3
Time of poss.      59%
Saves                 4

Norwich
Shots(on goal)      2 (1) - eeeek!!!
Fouls                 12
Corners               2
Off-sides             1
Time of poss.      41%
Saves                11

Apart from the inconsistency in saves to shots, the number of goal attempts is not exactly stellar stuff.

I''ve had a nights sleep and feel better now,  (since seeing the league table funnily enough ! ) .

Yeh ! We have only played one club in the bottom half of the table , which means we have all the easy games to come now !  And Ipswich won''t get promoted !

We are going to be alright !

We are aren''t we .......  Doctor ? ? ?

What is worse is that the shots on target is about average for the last few games. If we dont start making chances we can not win games so getting up the table - against bottom half sides or not.442 please worthy - simply keep to what the players know best.OTBC

[quote]Probably the first back as it''s almost a home game for us - yes it was terrible, but Liverpool were top drawer - fast covering well probing passes and good finishing. We WERE better when the diamond ...[/quote]

well sometimes i would rather watch the cricket how norwich is playing at the moment