Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

where are the strikers???

as title...come on gunny...get 2 good strikers in and my confidence will be quite high for the start of the season

Lee and Bishop

Bishop and Holt

or Ricky Lambert at the right price and one of the above [Y]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

There is still time

[/quote]i know....[Y]  but not long now to the start of the season and the players need time to gel and become a unit

[quote user="Lewie McDonald Im lovin it"]Do you not rate Maric?
[/quote]i havnt seen him play..but reports are good on him...i would just would like to see us bring 2 strikers in aswell as Maric [Y]

Holt and Maric would do me just fine, not that fussed on Bishop to be honest.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lewie McDonald Im lovin it"]Do you not rate Maric?[/quote]i havnt seen him play..but reports are good on him...i would just would like to see us bring 2 strikers in aswell as Maric [Y][/quote]Ah okay, I''d like to see us signing John Akinde from Bristol City. I''m not sure if he''s in the first team picture at Bristol yet so he would be a good signing.7 Goals in 11 apearences for Wycombe in League 2 and he''s only 20 so he could be a good steal.

[quote user="Lewie McDonald Im lovin it"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lewie McDonald Im lovin it"]Do you not rate Maric?
[/quote]i havnt seen him play..but reports are good on him...i would just would like to see us bring 2 strikers in aswell as Maric [Y][/quote]
Ah okay, I''d like to see us signing John Akinde from Bristol City. I''m not sure if he''s in the first team picture at Bristol yet so he would be a good signing.

7 Goals in 11 apearences for Wycombe in League 2 and he''s only 20 so he could be a good steal.
[/quote]he sounds ok and at 20yrs old [Y] im sure Gunny has his eye on a few...i just want hem signed yesterday lol

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

as title...come on gunny...get 2 good strikers in and my confidence will be quite high for the start of the season

Lee and Bishop

Bishop and Holt

[/quote]

It has to be said Gunn is rebuilding the squad as promised BUT without two new forwards with a good goalscoring record in league 1 we are just p''ing in the wind!! It worrys me that the biggest problem has still not been solved.

With your concerns with signing a big striker.. I rekon Gunny has a specific transfer budget and he has quite a few gaps he wants filled. Hughes signed, Whaley and Wiggins having medicals. Maric offered a contract. Mcveigh likely to be also offered a 1-year deal. Askou the defender on trial impressing so possibly another signing there... I would imagine as Strikers cost the most normally he will want to get the signings sorted in the next week or so and then know where he stands within his budget for the goalscorers. Hopefully he will have something like 500k to grab two strikers maybe? If we got Maric i would be happy with Gunn bringing in just 1 more striker that is of good quality for half a million :)

[quote user="Michael Bates"]With your concerns with signing a big striker.. I rekon Gunny has a specific transfer budget and he has quite a few gaps he wants filled. Hughes signed, Whaley and Wiggins having medicals. Maric offered a contract. Mcveigh likely to be also offered a 1-year deal. Askou the defender on trial impressing so possibly another signing there... I would imagine as Strikers cost the most normally he will want to get the signings sorted in the next week or so and then know where he stands within his budget for the goalscorers. Hopefully he will have something like 500k to grab two strikers maybe? If we got Maric i would be happy with Gunn bringing in just 1 more striker that is of good quality for half a million :)[/quote]

Bingo.......... 100% spot on IMHO.

Once the Clingan and Russell deals are sorted we will then know our "exact" budget to bring in that quality striker we need.

If we sign Maric, Whaley, Wiggins. McVeigh and Askou.........I think we will be 1 quality striker away from being a very good squad in LG 1.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Michael Bates"]With your concerns with signing a big striker.. I rekon Gunny has a specific transfer budget and he has quite a few gaps he wants filled. Hughes signed, Whaley and Wiggins having medicals. Maric offered a contract. Mcveigh likely to be also offered a 1-year deal. Askou the defender on trial impressing so possibly another signing there... I would imagine as Strikers cost the most normally he will want to get the signings sorted in the next week or so and then know where he stands within his budget for the goalscorers. Hopefully he will have something like 500k to grab two strikers maybe? If we got Maric i would be happy with Gunn bringing in just 1 more striker that is of good quality for half a million :)[/quote]

Bingo.......... 100% spot on IMHO.

Once the Clingan and Russell deals are sorted we will then know our "exact" budget to bring in that quality striker we need.

If we sign Maric, Whaley, Wiggins. McVeigh and Askou.........I think we will be 1 quality striker away from being a very good squad in LG 1.

[/quote]

Isn''t it nice that we have a squad of our own? I still think that we will bring in at least a couple of long term loans. As for 1 forward i think we need 2 and imo Cureton should be moved on!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Lee and Bishop

Bishop and Holt

[/quote]

not CODY??

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Lee and Bishop

Bishop and Holt

[/quote]

not CODY??

[/quote]unproven...we need proven goal getters

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Lee and Bishop

Bishop and Holt

[/quote]

not CODY??

[/quote]unproven...we need proven goal getters[/quote] still think he will be surprise package! little cody!

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Lee and Bishop

Bishop and Holt

[/quote]

not CODY??

[/quote]unproven...we need proven goal getters[/quote] still think he will be surprise package! little cody![/quote]im not saying he wont [;)] and hoping he bangs in 15-20 goals but if he fails to do so and we have no proven goal scorer at the club we will struggle

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Jonnypncfc"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Lee and Bishop

Bishop and Holt

[/quote]

not CODY??

[/quote]unproven...we need proven goal getters[/quote] still think he will be surprise package! little cody![/quote]im not saying he wont [;)] and hoping he bangs in 15-20 goals but if he fails to do so and we have no proven goal scorer at the club we will struggle[/quote] see your point but he could be the proven goal scorer but he wont be if someone else comes in like bishop or who ever! but we will see!

You''re completly right. Cody could be a surprise and I do think he will do well, but there needs to be a ''proven'' striker. But ''proven'' does not always get you goals, ala Curo.