Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Grant Holt rumour

interesting he''s been left out...maybe he aint fit as I seem to remember he had an operation at the end of last season......

I''m sure gunny has something up his sleeve, if its not holt it will be someone else

Posters on another site are adamant that he is in Norfolk today for talks, I wonder.....

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Which site says that?[/quote]

carrowroad.net

Thanks. Hope that''s right. Think a Holt-Maric partnership could get us alot of goals with the creativity of Hoolahan/Hughes/Whaley etc.

For what it''s worth Shrewsbury are saying he was left limping in training and they won''t risk him.  It''s the second time his ankle has played up since he returned to training - they pulled him out of a local friendly for the same reason.

The club are insisting that you have not yet asked their permission to speak to him.  It may well be that you plan to do so but they are saying you have not done so far.  They also say they have not had an approach from Notts County - a rumour that is also doing the rounds.

I would point out that when they were asked about Colchester''s approach they confirmed it immediately and said the club had been told Holt is not for sale.    For the record the Chairman/Owner says he would not even consider any approach under around £400k - roughly double what they paid for him.

It is possible, of course, that Shrewsbury are keeping it under wraps but they are normally very, very open and straightforward.

[quote user="S.Yorks Canary"]

interesting he''s been left out...maybe he aint fit as I seem to remember he had an operation at the end of last season......

I''m sure gunny has something up his sleeve, if its not holt it will be someone else

[/quote]

i think you are right that he''s still injured.

would still be a decent signing though.

He''s not playing as he is still recuperating after ankle surgery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/shrewsbury/8147599.stm

[quote user="singing canary"]god knows how many players we have been linked with be good just to sign one of them .[/quote]

I don''t know how well you follow current events or if you can even count but...

Hughes is manager Bryan Gunn''s fifth summer signing

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Rumours on sky suggest he is off to Notts County[/quote]That rumour started in one of the broad sheets,  it suggested players to help get County out of league two.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

For what it''s worth Shrewsbury are saying he was left limping in training and they won''t risk him.  It''s the second time his ankle has played up since he returned to training - they pulled him out of a local friendly for the same reason.

The club are insisting that you have not yet asked their permission to speak to him.  It may well be that you plan to do so but they are saying you have not done so far.  They also say they have not had an approach from Notts County - a rumour that is also doing the rounds.

I would point out that when they were asked about Colchester''s approach they confirmed it immediately and said the club had been told Holt is not for sale.    For the record the Chairman/Owner says he would not even consider any approach under around £400k - roughly double what they paid for him.

It is possible, of course, that Shrewsbury are keeping it under wraps but they are normally very, very open and straightforward.

[/quote]

Fair enough Cam, but did you not post this afternoon that you''d spoken to their press officer who told you that he was due to take some part in their game tonight? I have been very sceptical about this all day, but I''m starting to believe that something''s going on.