Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Well done Mr. Gunn

Well I''m sure that a lot of people have already said this but...

After seeing the signings so far this summer and the transfers that seem to be nearly complete I would like to put on record a big well done to our very much under pressure manager. I was 1 of the anti-Gunn squad but ( so far!!) he is starting to turn around my opinions on his appointment.

I do however wonder what impact having someone like David McNally on board is having in the acquisition of these players? I''m sure it must be of massive benefit to the club!!

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]

After seeing the signings so far this summer and the transfers that seem to be nearly complete I would like to put on record a big well done to our very much under pressure manager. I was 1 of the anti-Gunn squad but ( so far!!) he is starting to turn around my opinions on his appointment.

I do however wonder what impact having someone like David McNally on board is having in the acquisition of these players? I''m sure it must be of massive benefit to the club!!

[/quote]How, in the name of Satan''s cock, can anyone seriously change their mind on the man with the worst managerial record in Norwich City''s recent history on the basis of signing a few cheap players, freebies, and a few friendly wins against below par Scottish teams?  You people are completely and utterly retarded!  IT''S WHAT WE DO IN THE LEAGUE THAT COUNTS, SAVE YOUR REVISED JUDGEMENTS UNTIL CHRISTMAS.

As I said, SO FAR he is STARTING to turn around my opinions. I''m not stupid I know that its the league that counts but he''s having the best pre-season we have had in a very long time, not just with results but with the signings aswell.

I agree.

He''s moving us in the right direction with the signings he has made / is making.

Sure they will take time gel, that was always going to be the case due to the numbers he needed to bring in.

Its how they perform that counts, give the guy until xmas before making real judgements, then it will be with his team, who he chose to keep and who he chose to sign.....there will be no hiding place.

I like what I see so far though.........

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]

[/quote]

To be fair I think there are more people than Mr Gunn sorting out players for our team.  Chippy, Dixie, Butters etc would have had their input too.

.There are five questions to be considered, of which the last is way the most important.1. Has Gunn identified the gaps in the squad? Seemingly yes, although it would have been hard not to.2. Has he started filling those gaps? Yes.3. Has he filled all the gaps? No4. How good are the acquisitions and rumoured acquisitions? Since few fans seem to have seem them play that''s hard to say.5.

Once he''s finished filling the gaps and the season starts, will he

manage well what he''s acquired? On the basis of last season, which is

all we have to go on, no.In short, so far all we have seen is a repeat of

the January transfer window, when Gunn correctly identified the gaps,

filled them, and then badly managed what he had acquired.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"].

There are five questions to be considered, of which the last is way the most important.

1. Has Gunn identified the gaps in the squad? Seemingly yes, although it would have been hard not to.

2. Has he started filling those gaps? Yes.

3. Has he filled all the gaps? No

4. How good are the acquisitions and rumoured acquisitions? Since few fans seem to have seem them play that''s hard to say.

5. Once he''s finished filling the gaps and the season starts, will he manage well what he''s acquired? On the basis of last season, which is all we have to go on, no.

In short, so far all we have seen is a repeat of the January transfer window, when Gunn correctly identified the gaps, filled them, and then badly managed what he had acquired.[/quote]

I agree with points 1-5 somewhat........... but.........

The january transfer window is NOT the place to rebuild your squad when you have little money.

Most quality free agents are available after June 30th in the summer window..........

Although Gunn did poorly it should be noted that it wasn''t HIS SQUAD.

Obviously from his comments and the amount of players he has changed its a totally different philosophy of building a squad with OUR players on permanent signings along with solid youth development.

In previous years we would target 3 players and if they didn''t work out we never had a plan B. Now we seem to have a plan C, D, E, F and G.

The hard work to track down an incredible volume of transfers and trialists is impressive.

There is no doubt we will have the largest squad of permanent players we have ever had in recent years.

We also still have the option of the loan market to add some quality if we need it.

Do we still need a quality striker even if we sign Maric?......... absolutely.........

I also still have this sneaking feeling that Hucks hasn''t played his last game for us.

If Gunn fails this year he can have no complaints of getting the sack. The club have backed him as much as they could given the circumstances.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]

[/quote]How, in the name of Satan''s cock, can anyone seriously change their mind on the man with the worst managerial record in Norwich City''s recent history on the basis of signing a few cheap players, freebies, and a few friendly wins against below par Scottish teams?  You people are completely and utterly retarded!  IT''S WHAT WE DO IN THE LEAGUE THAT COUNTS, SAVE YOUR REVISED JUDGEMENTS UNTIL CHRISTMAS.so having that you consider BTD to be retarded will you be the first to book for therapy if xmas proves him less retarded than you ha[/quote]

[/quote]How, in the name of Satan''s cock, can anyone seriously change their mind on the man with the worst managerial record in Norwich City''s recent history on the basis of signing a few cheap players, freebies, and a few friendly wins against below par Scottish teams?  You people are completely and utterly retarded!  IT''S WHAT WE DO IN THE LEAGUE THAT COUNTS, SAVE YOUR REVISED JUDGEMENTS UNTIL CHRISTMAS.

[/quote]so having that you consider BTD to be retarded will you be the first to

book for therapy if xmas proves him less retarded than you ha

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]

book for therapy if xmas proves him less retarded than you ha[/quote]Absolutely.  If we''re in the top 6 on Christmas Day, I will worship at the feet of 1st Wizard.

[/quote]How, in the name of Satan''s cock, can anyone seriously change their mind on the man with the worst managerial record in Norwich City''s recent history on the basis of signing a few cheap players, freebies, and a few friendly wins against below par Scottish teams?  You people are completely and utterly retarded!  IT''S WHAT WE DO IN THE LEAGUE THAT COUNTS, SAVE YOUR REVISED JUDGEMENTS UNTIL CHRISTMAS.[/quote]I for one believe managers should be judged on a little more than just results. Ask Alex Ferguson. Whilst I agree it is too early to say that Gunn is or will be a success, I also think it is far too early to condemn him. Especially on the tail end of last season. But on the basis of his actions so far Mr Chops I''d say Gunn & Co have done as much or more than I had dared hope for. Certainly he has done nothing to make me think he is or could ever be as bad a manager as Glenn Roeder. And given this is a message board for opinions to be expressed (like yours for example) I would just say that the OP''s original opinion seems to me at least to be grounded on managerial actions to date. But that may be only my opinion.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bite The Dog"]

book for therapy if xmas proves him less retarded than you ha[/quote]Absolutely.  If we''re in the top 6 on Christmas Day, I will worship at the feet of 1st Wizard.[/quote]come on I was only joking no need to go that far