Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

Still no loan players

I am talking this one up by saying this but does anyone else find it refreshing to see we have not signed a single person on loan so far. After the last 2 years of constant loan players im glad to see that Gunn has kept to his word and is not relying on loan players

Im worried by the lack of activity from norwich in the loan market, its now july 22nd and still no loan players, whats going on where is the ambition, come on sort it out.

[quote user="hurricane"]Im worried by the lack of activity from norwich in the loan market, its now july 22nd and still no loan players, whats going on where is the ambition, come on sort it out.[/quote]we''re signing them instead, that''s the point

I would be happy to see some late loans brought in, as long as they are good and hungry for it, maybe some one will catch the eye on saturday from Man u.

agreed GH, The idea of the loan system is to add spice to well established team. It can freshen up a team, and with lots of team they tend to do that each year without fail. I think this season for us especially that if we are going to add a few loan players, they have to be season long loans and not stupid 1 month, 3 month and even half season long loans.

With the 17 loans we signed last year I dont think any of them stood out apart from Lee perhaps?

A couple of gems can add a bit of flair to the spine of the team, which at the moment looks like we have?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I was thinking that, if Man Utd have a gem or two maybe we can persuade them to give them to us for the season. Worked for Leicester.[/quote]let''s loan the da silva twins

Loaning players is killing the game and only helps the team loaning them out in the long run. We would play them, train them, coach them, pay them and price them out of our reach if they are successful. If they are flops they will just cost us money. Look at the crap we have had in the past and how much it has cost us. Added to that if we take loans on board it will be at the expense of our own young player''s development. No loans for me!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Loaning players is killing the game and only helps the team loaning them out in the long run. We would play them, train them, coach them, pay them and price them out of our reach if they are successful. If they are flops they will just cost us money. Look at the crap we have had in the past and how much it has cost us. Added to that if we take loans on board it will be at the expense of our own young player''s development. No loans for me![/quote]

Yeah, Darren Huckerby and Ched Evans were a complete shambles, didn''t help us at all!

Loans are there to supplement the exisiting squad - Gunn is obviously building his own team before adding 2 or 3 loans where he sees fit, probably later in the transfer window.

And I would welcome them.

[quote user="hurricane"]Im worried by the lack of activity from norwich in the loan market, its now july 22nd and still no loan players, whats going on where is the ambition, come on sort it out.[/quote]

You never got a single nibble!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Loaning players is killing the game and only helps the team loaning them out in the long run. We would play them, train them, coach them, pay them and price them out of our reach if they are successful. If they are flops they will just cost us money. Look at the crap we have had in the past and how much it has cost us. Added to that if we take loans on board it will be at the expense of our own young player''s development. No loans for me![/quote]

Yeah, Darren Huckerby and Ched Evans were a complete shambles, didn''t help us at all!

Loans are there to supplement the exisiting squad - Gunn is obviously building his own team before adding 2 or 3 loans where he sees fit, probably later in the transfer window.

And I would welcome them.

[/quote]

To give your argument some balance you should surely in all fairness name the dozens of very costly failures that we have also had . I feel naming the only two that have been any good is not an encouragement to pursue using the loan system again.

"The only two that have been any good"? Seriously? And that''s opposed to all those superb permanent signings we''ve had too? By that logic we should probably stop signing players altogether...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]"The only two that have been any good"? Seriously?

And that''s opposed to all those superb permanent signings we''ve had too? By that logic we should probably stop signing players altogether...
[/quote]

Point taken Graham, cant argue with that [:D]

Yes Ched Evans and Darren Huckerby were good players for us.

BUT Ched Evans'' value was increased considerably by us because we gave him exposure and games.

Darren Huckerby and Peter Crouch were here together and when they joined on loan we could probably afforded them both. After their loan period we struggled to buy one of them .... but thank goodness we did!

The best example of being used is David Bentley. He made his name with us in the Premiersahip on loan, went ot Blackburn on loan before they finally paid M£7.5 for him.

And how many Premiership games did he play for Arsenal? Not one! Ever felt used?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]"The only two that have been any good"? Seriously? And that''s opposed to all those superb permanent signings we''ve had too? By that logic we should probably stop signing players altogether...[/quote]

i think grahams logic is spot on....well done G H

I think we''ve not got any loan players because we can afford to BUY players now, and better players than James Henry and Kieran Gibbs. Oh and Troy Archibald-Henville, the man who we loaned, and then the management decided he was terrible so they sent him back with a large cheque sellotaped to him to pay for the wages...

I think we will have  a couple of loans but they don`t tend to happen until the big clubs sort out their squads later in the window.

Exactly. And we then the onlt ones that will be available will be the ones they don''t want, and don''t want to pay the wages for, or the ones they want to give experience to and increase their value.

The loan system was brought in to help lesser clubs in time of need, not for the richer clubs to increase their wealth. All it does now is make the rich richer and keeps the poorer clubs (that''s us!) poor.