Sign in to follow this  
Norwich4Evz

Whaley deal hits hitch

If it is from his old injury, cannot see that stopping the deal as he has still played nearly 40 games a season for the last three years with it.

It also gives another reason why some of the transfers aren''t happening - "even though we gave Norwich permission early last week to speak to Simon, things only really got going on Monday because the lad''s advisor was on holiday"

Although I find it amazing that a professional footballer''s advisor/agent is taking a holiday during the transfer window.  They have about 8 months a year that they can''t do anything, and they take a holiday during the 4 months they have to work for their money

[quote user="dhickl"]

It also gives another reason why some of the transfers aren''t happening - "even though we gave Norwich permission early last week to speak to Simon, things only really got going on Monday because the lad''s advisor was on holiday"

Although I find it amazing that a professional footballer''s advisor/agent is taking a holiday during the transfer window.  They have about 8 months a year that they can''t do anything, and they take a holiday during the 4 months they have to work for their money

[/quote]

Haha good point. Seems crazy. I assume they spend most of their 8 months off counting the hundreds of thousands of pounds they accumulate for saying "This deal is best, go here"...

Much as I want all our transfer business done and dusted as soon as possible, it''s good to see ''the Management'' taking no chances on signing unfit players. Perhaps this is a sign of more professional management rather than the idiocy which led to Louis-Jean and Emblen to name but two.....

I have heard that we had an unamed player from Sheff Weds (Wade Small?) in for a medical and he collapsed at the fitness assessment stage so was promptly sent back.