Sign in to follow this  
BlueJam

Warning - A Pro Norwich City Post Inside

I''ve had enough of Norwich City, several years of doom and gloom, and now the season is fast approaching my so far good summer is about to be ruined. As of the start of August I fully expect to return to my usual moody "football-season" self.But....So far I have to actually commend Bryan and his team for being pro-active and building what so far looks to be a half tidy squad. Take a look around at Southampton and Charlton. We have signed more players than them, we have been constant in the transfer market and we have surely had a lot of the top sides in Division 3 ( :( ) glancing interestedly at what we are building. I am actually feeling rather positive about the upcoming season! Good grief, where did that come from?! The board seem to have learned from the loan debacle of last year and have assembled a squad of City players, this is great news.I''m not fussed at signing McVeigh at all, but as a squad player and free (wages aside) he could prove useful.I still think we need a new right back, and I still want to see Lee sign. But if Hoolahan does stay, that is the best news of the summer.Happy? Yes, I am :)

[quote user="BlueJam"]I''ve had enough of Norwich City, several years of doom and gloom, and now the season is fast approaching my so far good summer is about to be ruined. As of the start of August I fully expect to return to my usual moody "football-season" self.

But....

So far I have to actually commend Bryan and his team for being pro-active and building what so far looks to be a half tidy squad. Take a look around at Southampton and Charlton. We have signed more players than them, we have been constant in the transfer market and we have surely had a lot of the top sides in Division 3 ( :( ) glancing interestedly at what we are building. I am actually feeling rather positive about the upcoming season! Good grief, where did that come from?! The board seem to have learned from the loan debacle of last year and have assembled a squad of City players, this is great news.

I''m not fussed at signing McVeigh at all, but as a squad player and free (wages aside) he could prove useful.

I still think we need a new right back, and I still want to see Lee sign. But if Hoolahan does stay, that is the best news of the summer.

Happy? Yes, I am :)
[/quote]

Good on you. I am too excited about the new season. There are too many pessimistic people who feel the club is dead and wont be revived until Delia goes, or Huckerby comes back.

Gill, Tudur-Jones, Theoklitos, Nelson, Hughes, McVeigh. Not too shabby. Add to that the possible signings of Wiggins, Whaley, Holt, Maric et al and we''ve got ourselves a team perfectly capable of mounting a League One challenge. And not a bloody loan amongst.

I don''t think there''s anything wrong with being positive!! Yes, NCFC has been through some tough times as of late and there are plenty of people who wanna jump on the Delia/Gunn/Board bashing bandwagon. But I really can''t see what they hope to achieve, apart from making themselves look like miserable b**tards!!! In fact, I think it''s hilarious that people think they can change what''s happening at Carrow Road by setting up daft groups with about 5 people in them. We have 25,000 regularly attending fans. 5 people doesn''t even make 1% of that majority!!! But yes, complain if you want. It''s a free country! I have to say that I didn''t want Gunn as manager, only because I could see him losing his legendary status at Norwich. But I''ve met him in the past and he''s always been a really nice guy who loves this city. I also used to work under new board member Stephan Philips, before he was MD of Archant. He is a fantastic chap with good connections and a marketing background....all that to me adds up to them trying damn hard to get local business on board. Everyone was happy about McNally and I think with the signings we are seeing, there has been a swing in favour of what these guys are doing. Even among the most hardcore opposers.To be honest, I kinda agree with what you''re saying BlueJam (I also like the Chris Morris reference in your name.....4 foot car!!) Charlton and Southampton haven''t signed many people and they are losing a few of their best players too. We''ve held on to Hoolahan, although now we''re signing Wiggins from Palace I''m kinda worried that this will have Warnock (who is already a confirmed admirer) come knocking for Wes in January. As a make weight maybe?? Of course, that''s guess work, but I wonder how we''ve managed to convince them to let us buy Wiggins when he''s apparently so highly regarded. I also agree with the right back comment. Semi may be "totally focussed-bless" right now, but he''s been inconsistent for the past two seasons. We can''t afford to have passengers. I think the Lee deal is dead in the water now. Too much money wanted, but I can see us getting Holt in which would be more than decent.I''m pretty happy with the signings and they''re ALL Norwich players. That''s gotta put us in a positive frame of mind, right?? Let''s see how they do and start judging when the season really kicks in! I''ll still be singing in the Barclay.

Yep, they are all Norwich players which is worth its weight in gold at the moment. Shame if the Lee deal is dead, as I expect it is too, but it is looking OK. I did speak with someone who wondered how we got beaten by Brighton for Dickinson. Things like that do make you wonder, but we don''t know the full story, which is actually one of the boards many faults - the shroud of secrecy. I''m glad you noticed the Chris Morris-ness of my user name - the reference to blue has got me in trouble on occasions ;) But I shall ask Mr Mesleshasmis to do nothing with my car for a while :D

[quote user="BlueJam"]Yep, they are all Norwich players which is worth its weight in gold at the moment. Shame if the Lee deal is dead, as I expect it is too, but it is looking OK. I did speak with someone who wondered how we got beaten by Brighton for Dickinson. Things like that do make you wonder, but we don''t know the full story, which is actually one of the boards many faults - the shroud of secrecy. I''m glad you noticed the Chris Morris-ness of my user name - the reference to blue has got me in trouble on occasions ;) But I shall ask Mr Mesleshasmis to do nothing with my car for a while :D[/quote]What am I?? Fu**ing Noddy??Ha ha

[quote user="BlueJam"]Yep, they are all Norwich players which is worth its weight in gold at the moment. Shame if the Lee deal is dead, as I expect it is too, but it is looking OK. I did speak with someone who wondered how we got beaten by Brighton for Dickinson. Things like that do make you wonder, but we don''t know the full story, which is actually one of the boards many faults - the shroud of secrecy. I''m glad you noticed the Chris Morris-ness of my user name - the reference to blue has got me in trouble on occasions ;) But I shall ask Mr Mesleshasmis to do nothing with my car for a while :D[/quote]What am I?? F**king Noddy??!!Brilliant

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]We have not seen one signing that signals

we are going for promotion , no money spent on transfer fees at all ,

still no striker worth the name at the club , this club never learns

and never will .At least we should have the cheapest squad on paper in

the division , and lets be honest thats the reason Gunn was given the

job in the first place , a yes man whatever the situation .[/quote]I thought I would add this to save Loan City time as his fulltime job as an irrigation engineer is very taxing, spending all day day pouring cold water on everything takes it''s toll.  

Interesting to hear Alan Pardew on SSN last night saying how he had real tough job on his hands seeing as the best bosmans have all found clubs by now. Many of them at Norwich lets hope!Tip my hat to you for what you''ve done so far Gunny (But if come January we''re struggling I''ll be encouraging you to walk away regardless of history and your love of the club!!!)