Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

If Holt Signs Cureton stay or go ??

Ok dependant on if Holt signs today whats the deal with Cureton, surely with the wages of Hughes and Holt we need to get few off the wage bill and cureton who is on at least 5k a week surely needs to go ?? What do people think

I''ve a feeling that Gunn thinks Cureton could do a job in League 1 so think he''ll keep him. I''m sure the club are well aware of our wage limitations and won''t be signing anybody that they can''t afford to.

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Ok dependant on if Holt signs today whats the deal with Cureton, surely with the wages of Hughes and Holt we need to get few off the wage bill and cureton who is on at least 5k a week surely needs to go ?? What do people think[/quote]

Regardless of wages he needs to go because he''s no longer fit for purpose, and hasn''t been for some time. The squad is being rebuilt so dead wood needs to be ruthlessly chopped.

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Ok dependant on if Holt signs today whats the deal with Cureton, surely with the wages of Hughes and Holt we need to get few off the wage bill and cureton who is on at least 5k a week surely needs to go ?? What do people think[/quote]

We need striking options and he should be ok at  this level - keep unless someone offers money for him

[quote user="PhatCanary"]His heart is in the club,his skills as a goalscorer are long gone though,i would let him go.[/quote]I''d agree really. Whilst Cureton is trying hard to get his form back, McDonald will be discovering new form, hitting new highs, and it''s much easier to do that than drag it back up like Cureton. I''d give him a chance, but if by January he has not impressed, I would release him.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Hopefully He''ll go
[/quote]

Of course he won''t go. He isn''t good enough for any other club to be prepared to pay the wages he is earning at Carrow Road. So, Gunn has no choice but to keep him, hope that he does find his confidence and form and start scoring goals.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Hopefully He''ll go[/quote]

Of course he won''t go. He isn''t good enough for any other club to be prepared to pay the wages he is earning at Carrow Road. So, Gunn has no choice but to keep him, hope that he does find his confidence and form and start scoring goals.
[/quote]Oh i know he wont go, that''s just what i want.

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh i know he wont go, that''s just what i want.
[/quote]

You don''t always get what you want in life ! Personally, I think he''ll do a good job for us this year but he does need a big bugger to play off. We''ll see.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He missed so many chances last year,he''s not good enough and the fact that we still have him at the club is shocking,as i said his heart is at the club but thats not enough i''m afraid,he''s paid to score goals and he no longer does that well enough,get rid asap and free up his wages!!

Stay I say. I think he can help the likes of McDonald, Daley and to some extent Martin progress. I also think he is a good squad player to have.

I can''t really understand how people are happy to have Mcveigh as a squad player but saying we should get rid of Cureton? I''m not his greatest fan but he can still be a solid squad player for us.

Keep him. I think alongside either holt or Maric or coming off the bench he''s still a threat at this level. I have high hopes for Cody this season though.

i agree with the guy about seeing how he goes til january. He ain''t perfect but my mate is a Burnley fan and hates the sight of him, which speaks volumes for him. See how he does against the league 1 defences, same with Semmi, it''s not like we can''t sub them off and drop them for alternatives if they turn out rubbish.

[quote user="eagle"]

Stay I say. I think he can help the likes of McDonald, Daley and to some extent Martin progress. I also think he is a good squad player to have.

I can''t really understand how people are happy to have Mcveigh as a squad player but saying we should get rid of Cureton? I''m not his greatest fan but he can still be a solid squad player for us.

[/quote]keep him away from cody mac,daley and martin FFS...we want them to hit the target [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]keep him away from cody mac,daley and martin FFS...we want them to hit the target [Y][/quote]

Haha, I''m sure he could introduce them to a few local girls and get them on the Mercy "VIP" list if nothing else.

[quote user="eagle"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]keep him away from cody mac,daley and martin FFS...we want them to hit the target [Y][/quote]

Haha, I''m sure he could introduce them to a few local girls and get them on the Mercy "VIP" list if nothing else.

[/quote]lol [;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="eagle"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]lol [;)][/quote]he would probably miss the entrance to Mercy

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="eagle"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="eagle"]

[/quote]lol [;)][/quote]he would probably miss the entrance to Mercy[/quote]

LMAO very good [:D]

Very funny!Seriously though, I think this is one of the indicators of how good Mr Gunney and co are as a management team. Jamie is a confidence player, and now he''s reached the stage where Wiz is the only fan he''s got left, he needs motivation. If he was newly fired up, playing alongside a decent target man (Holt?) like at Colchester, he could get the golden boot again.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Very funny!

Seriously though, I think this is one of the indicators of how good Mr Gunney and co are as a management team. Jamie is a confidence player, and now he''s reached the stage where Wiz is the only fan he''s got left, he needs motivation. If he was newly fired up, playing alongside a decent target man (Holt?) like at Colchester, he could get the golden boot again.
[/quote]

I don''t think he would. The problem isn''t confidence, its the fact that he''s 33 and has lost a bit of sharpness, which in a striker is crucial. He''s not going to get that back however nice people are to him.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Seriously though, I think this is one of the indicators of how good Mr Gunney and co are as a management team. Jamie is a confidence player, and now he''s reached the stage where Wiz is the only fan he''s got left, he needs motivation. If he was newly fired up, playing alongside a decent target man (Holt?) like at Colchester, he could get the golden boot again.
[/quote]

I don''t think he would. The problem isn''t confidence, its the fact that he''s 33 and has lost a bit of sharpness, which in a striker is crucial. He''s not going to get that back however nice people are to him.

[/quote]totally agree B ... and its a shame because he is a nice fella and city through and through but that just doesnt cut it in football

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Very funny!Seriously though, I think this is one of the indicators of how good Mr Gunney and co are as a management team. Jamie is a confidence player, and now he''s reached the stage where Wiz is the only fan he''s got left, he needs motivation. If he was newly fired up, playing alongside a decent target man (Holt?) like at Colchester, he could get the golden boot again.[/quote]

[/quote]Don''t forget he''s got Wiz and his hexes working for him! err...... nuff said [:(]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t fully agree with this. Yes, he probably has lost a bit of sharpness but there is no doubting his eye for goal as his track record demonstrates. Last season was a disaster for him and Roeder''s attitude did undoubtedly undermine Curo''s confidence. How many games did he actually start ? I do remember Roeder playing him up front on his own - how stupid was that ? As so many people have said on here, when he is partnered up front by a big strike partner Cureton does the business. Roeder failed to bring in such a strike partner and then lost interest in Cureton. Truth is that no one knows whether or not Cureton will recover his eye for goal - only time will tell. Personally, I think Gunn will bring in a good partner for Cureton and that he will start banging the goals in for us at this level.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I don''t fully agree with this. Yes, he probably has lost a bit of sharpness but there is no doubting his eye for goal as his track record demonstrates. Last season was a disaster for him and Roeder''s attitude did undoubtedly undermine Curo''s confidence. How many games did he actually start ? I do remember Roeder playing him up front on his own - how stupid was that ? As so many people have said on here, when he is partnered up front by a big strike partner Cureton does the business. Roeder failed to bring in such a strike partner and then lost interest in Cureton. Truth is that no one knows whether or not Cureton will recover his eye for goal - only time will tell. Personally, I think Gunn will bring in a good partner for Cureton and that he will start banging the goals in for us at this level.

[/quote]

I agree with this totally .. Grant and Roader did nothing for his confidence and to everyone who says Curo won''t be any good at this level should be shamed of themselves by passing judgement even thro we not even start the new season!  

Barnsley stayed-up with atleast 4 points in matches that Curo scored in!

.. At the start of pre-season this year he has scored 2 wonderful goals and this year he will get us the goals we need as we have a management team who has better at man-managerment than Grant or Roader and back room teams will ever have!

it time for every TURE FAN to start beleveing in ever player with freash eyes and give them a new start and forget about the last season...AT LEAST TEAM GUNN  has managed to get new players to sign premently and not to rely on favours from other managers.. So lets start to give all our players our belives that we can have that winning mentality.

lets make Carrow Road a wall of noise from the off and make it a fortress like it it use to ... can we repeat the Worthy years by going 15 games at home without either drawing or loosing! 

Lets make Carrow Road a place where no away team want to come to!!! 

Remember, we could have over 60 matches to play this season so Come on Lets Makes Carrow Road Fortress again!!

STOP BE DO NEGATIVE ABOUT ONE PLAYER and START BELIVING ..

OTBC