Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Grant Holt - Shrewsbury's Opinion......

Have put a text in but nothing at the moment. Where it was left yesterday was that he was travelling up in the  afternoon.

Im assuming that today would have been spent discussing wages and possibly doing a medical (would there be complications because of the ankle?). This may tie in with tomorrows conference.

I really hope we get him now. If we dont i will be gutted. If we get him here and he says no, i think that would kill me!

Sounds like:1. We need a backup option as he''ll either get sent off or suspended more than once2. He''ll compete with the Doc to see who gives away most free kicks3. He''ll demonstrate some of the passion that was sadly lacking over the past couple of yearsCan''t wait!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Sounds like:

1. We need a backup option as he''ll either get sent off or suspended more than once
2. He''ll compete with the Doc to see who gives away most free kicks
3. He''ll demonstrate some of the passion that was sadly lacking over the past couple of years

Can''t wait!
[/quote]4. He''ll will score goals (most important)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Sounds like:1. We need a backup option as he''ll either get sent off or suspended more than once2. He''ll compete with the Doc to see who gives away most free kicks3. He''ll demonstrate some of the passion that was sadly lacking over the past couple of yearsCan''t wait![/quote]4. He''ll will score goals (most important)[/quote]True, but the passion bit is nearly as important, given the woeful lack of interest we''ve seen on the pitch recently. That''s what I admired in Lee, and I think Gunny is looking for from people like Nelson and Gill.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]He''s cr@p at football, and supports Ipswich - you ought to withdraw your offer for him.....this made me chuckle[/quote]

to be fair i dont want any binner fans,however good they are! Lee is bad enough!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]He''s cr@p at football, and supports Ipswich - you ought to withdraw your offer for him.....this made me chuckle[/quote]to be fair i dont want any binner fans,however good they are! Lee is bad enough![/quote]I don''t want any Norwich fans with a sense of humour bypass either, but beggars can''t be choosers! [;)]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Sounds like:

1. We need a backup option as he''ll either get sent off or suspended more than once
2. He''ll compete with the Doc to see who gives away most free kicks
3. He''ll demonstrate some of the passion that was sadly lacking over the past couple of years

Can''t wait!
[/quote]

These three points are the same for all strong competetive centreforwards in the modern game. Iwan Roberts gave away far more free kicks than Malky Mackay. Dion Dublin gave away more fouls than the Doc. I reckon these are good signs. All competetive players get suspended nowadays. He sounds ok [:)]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]He''s cr@p at football, and supports Ipswich - you ought to withdraw your offer for him.....this made me chuckle[/quote]

to be fair i dont want any binner fans,however good they are! Lee is bad enough![/quote]Are you for real?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]He''s cr@p at football, and supports Ipswich - you ought to withdraw your offer for him.....this made me chuckle[/quote]

to be fair i dont want any binner fans,however good they are! Lee is bad enough!
[/quote]

John 11:35 (King James Bible)

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Had to open my bible for the first time in years!!![:)]

Some interesting views from the Shrews fans - the only worry I''d have is that the majority seem to think he''ll waste a hatful of chances.

Don''t we already have a striker on our books that can fill that position ?

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[:''(]

[quote user="Maverick"]Some interesting views from the Shrews fans - the only worry I''d have is that the majority seem to think he''ll waste a hatful of chances.

Don''t we already have a striker on our books that can fill that position ?[/quote]Yes we do, but if you put a target man alongside him then he turns into Samuel Etoo.

Reading between the lines, he sounds as though he should be a decent buy for us. Whoever the player is you will always find some of the fans are not fully convinced about his ability.