Sign in to follow this  
super canary

revised ideal line up for colchester?

What with all the recent activity and after a few pre-seasons.Taking into account new signings (and realistic new signings) and trialists.

Here is mine.

Theoklitos      

Nelson    Stefanovic   Askou     Drury

Whaley   Hughes    Adeyemi

Hoolahan

Maric           Mcdonald    

SUBS: Cureton,Dario Dumic,Luke Daley,Chris Martin,Spillane,Rudd,Gill.

Quite a realistic prospect and more than enough quality to get out of this league at the first try.Well done Gunny,its starting to take shape.

More like:TheoklitosSpillane Doherty Nelson WigginsWhaley Tudor-Jones Hughes HoolahanMaric Holt Subs: Rudd Drury Askou Gill Pattison/Adeyemi Martin/Cureton McDonald;)

You''d completely drop the Doc???                       TheoklitosSpillane        Doc       Askou      WigginsWhaley              Hughes             Pattison                       Hoolahan                   Holt        McDonald/Martin (not sure which 1 i''d choose)Subs: Tudor Jones, Mcdonald/Martin, Maric, Gill, Nelson, Rudd and Otsemobor.Obviously that''s going on Askou, Wiggins, Whaley, Holt and Maric joining, and Russell and Clingan leaving.              

I would rather see an attacking 4-3-3 with OTJ sitting deep as a holding player, Hughes and Gill in CM, Hoolahan on the left, Whaley on the right, and Maric in the middle.

[quote user="Big Bob"]You''d completely drop the Doc???

Theoklitos
Spillane        Doc       Askou      Wiggins
Whaley              Hughes             Pattison
                       Hoolahan
                   Holt        McDonald/Martin (not sure which 1 i''d choose)

Subs: Tudor Jones, Mcdonald/Martin, Maric, Gill, Nelson, Rudd and Otsemobor.

Obviously that''s going on Askou, Wiggins, Whaley, Holt and Maric joining, and Russell and Clingan leaving.              
[/quote]

yep,i would drop the doc.time to try something new.

We are starting to get a really good squad together with a heck of a lot of options so expect to see lots of different ideas in this thread soon.Must admit, things are looking good (where have I heard that before?).

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Wheres McVeigh? [8-|][/quote]

Sorry,no Mcveigh.We should look forward,not back.Adeyemi for me over Mcveigh,Gill and MTJ.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Wheres McVeigh? [8-|][/quote]Nowhere near good enough to get into the 18, he would come onto the subs bench after lots of injuries [:D]

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Wheres McVeigh? [8-|][/quote]
Nowhere near good enough to get into the 18, he would come onto the subs bench after lots of injuries [:D]
[/quote]

Couldnt agree more. Im baffled as to why he is even back,and i hear he has signed a 1 year contract with us. What a kick in the teeth for are youngsters.

[quote user="super canary"]

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Wheres McVeigh? [8-|][/quote]Nowhere near good enough to get into the 18, he would come onto the subs bench after lots of injuries [:D][/quote]

Couldnt agree more. Im baffled as to why he is even back,and i hear he has signed a 1 year contract with us. What a kick in the teeth for are youngsters.

[/quote]Exactly, saying he''s a wide man either left or right, before him i''d have: Whaley, Hoolahan, Pattison, Hughes, Lappin, Korey Smith and probably even Otsemobor to be honest.

[quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="super canary"]

Nowhere near good enough to get into the 18, he would come onto the subs bench after lots of injuries [:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Exactly, saying he''s a wide man either left or right, before him i''d have: Whaley, Hoolahan, Pattison, Hughes, Lappin, Korey Smith and probably even Otsemobor to be honest.
[/quote]

I would not have Pattison. The others yes. Pattison in my opinion is one of the worst players I have ever seen in a city shirt, and there have been some bad ones.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Big Bob"][quote user="super canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Exactly, saying he''s a wide man either left or right, before him i''d have: Whaley, Hoolahan, Pattison, Hughes, Lappin, Korey Smith and probably even Otsemobor to be honest.
[/quote]

I would not have Pattison. The others yes. Pattison in my opinion is one of the worst players I have ever seen in a city shirt, and there have been some bad ones.

[/quote]

Yep. I would sell Pattison and would not have signed Mcveigh. It doesnt make sense to me.

Lol, i agree there have been some awful performances from Fatty Matty but that''s when he was moved into a more central role. Can you remember the fist game in which he played for us? At home to Coventry City i think, he played wide on the left, and actually did really well, by far his best performance there. Plus i didn''t know who else to put there, i think Gunn will play Hoolahan at LM, but i feel he''s much more affective playing behind the strikers with freedom, and i think Pattison is better than Lappin at LM.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Lol, i agree there have been some awful performances from Fatty Matty but that''s when he was moved into a more central role. Can you remember the fist game in which he played for us? At home to Coventry City i think, he played wide on the left, and actually did really well, by far his best performance there. Plus i didn''t know who else to put there, i think Gunn will play Hoolahan at LM, but i feel he''s much more affective playing behind the strikers with freedom, and i think Pattison is better than Lappin at LM.
[/quote]

I remember he played one good away game on loan, got signed up and was awful from then on. I don''t think Pattison is better than anyone in any position :L sorry, I really fail to see anything good about the player.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Lol, i agree there have been some awful performances from Fatty Matty but that''s when he was moved into a more central role. Can you remember the fist game in which he played for us? At home to Coventry City i think, he played wide on the left, and actually did really well, by far his best performance there. Plus i didn''t know who else to put there, i think Gunn will play Hoolahan at LM, but i feel he''s much more affective playing behind the strikers with freedom, and i think Pattison is better than Lappin at LM.
[/quote]

But surely if Wes is behind the front two,we will employ a 3 man central midfield.So not that important to have an out and out left midfielder.

---------------Theoklitos-----------------Spillane--Doherty--Askou--Wiggins--Whaley-------Hughes-------Lappin----------------Hoolahan---------------------------Holt------Maric-----------Subs: Rudd, Otsemobor, Nelson, Gill, Adeyemi, Martin, McDonald

----------------- Theoklitos -----------------Ifill ---- Stefanovic -- Spillane ---- Wiggins------------ Hughes ----------------- LappinWhaley --------------- Hoolahan ------------------------ Bishop ------------------------------------------------ Holt ---------------Subs from :Maric, Nelson, Doherty, Adeyemi, McVeigh, Rudd, McDonald, Drury, Askou, Tudur Jones, Gill, Pattison, Dumic, Stephens, Smith, Martin...... And a new right back.

(No Otsemobor [:@])

The one interesting aspect of this thread is that not only is it hard to get a consensus..........

But for the first time in a long time we have a bit on decent competition in various areas...........

Suprised nobody has mentioned the posibility of Hucks coming back...............

I have a sneaking feeling he hasn''t played his last game for us.

Based on our current squad/rumors I would personally go for.................

Defensive

---------------Theoklitos---------------
--Spillane--Doherty--Nelson--Drury
--Hughes-----OTJ---Gill-----Lappin
-------------Holt------Maric-----------

Attacking

----Hughes-------OTJ-------Gill
--------------Hoolahan--------------
-----------Holt------Maric-----------

Super Attacking 5-4 formation....... 5-4 being the final score!

----Whaley----Hughes------Hucks
--------------Hoolahan--------------
-----------Holt------Maric-----------

TheoklitosSpillane   Nelson  Doherty   WigginsWhaley  Gill Tudur-Jones  Hoolahan     Maric McDonald

[quote user="Big Bob"]You''d completely drop the Doc???

Theoklitos
Spillane        Doc       Askou      Wiggins
Whaley              Hughes             Pattison
                       Hoolahan
                   Holt        McDonald/Martin (not sure which 1 i''d choose)

Subs: Tudor Jones, Mcdonald/Martin, Maric, Gill, Nelson, Rudd and Otsemobor.

Obviously that''s going on Askou, Wiggins, Whaley, Holt and Maric joining, and Russell and Clingan leaving.              
[/quote]

You''d completely drop Mcveigh???

Theoklitis

Otemeobor                    Doc                         Nelson                      Dreary

Hughes                          Gill                     Tenpole Tudor

Hoolahan

Holt                           McDonald

Subs; Lee-Barrett, Wiggins, Assou, Whaley, Adeyemi, Lappin, Maric, McVeigh.  

I can''t see why so many would start McDonald in front of Chris Martin? I would pick Martin over McDonald every time at the moment. Since his loan spell he has learnt a lot about League football and Cody is still very raw and needs to be brought in slowly in my opinion.

[quote user="eagle"]I can''t see why so many would start McDonald in front of Chris Martin? I would pick Martin over McDonald every time at the moment. Since his loan spell he has learnt a lot about League football and Cody is still very raw and needs to be brought in slowly in my opinion.[/quote]

Has anyone else noticed that Chrissy Martin is looking a bit porky! I saw him in the city yesterday with his mate, looked alot bulkier than usual!

McVeigh would have a place on the bench for me. It''s not a kick in the teeth for the youngsters, there''s 6 other substitute spots, and 11 starting positions. McVeigh still has a very good touch, and still looks to have that bit of quality about him. My opinion, of course.

-------------Theolikos-----------------Spillane----Doc----Stefanovic----Drury  Whaley----------OTJ---------Hughes---------------Hoolahan----------------------Maric-------------Holt---------Subs: Rudd, McVeigh, Askou, Wiggins, McDonald & Gill

You''ll need a strong, good tackling centre mid playing with Hughes if you are going to succeed, the bloke brings no physical presence to the midfield and you need at least 1 strong CM to do well in league one, and get used to a lot of balls going backwards with Hughesy.

And never play him on the wing, he''s useless there - doubt it would come to that seeing as you have several good wingers for this league, especially if Whaley signs.

[quote user="olej"]You dont play nobody like nelson at rightback and as for injured stefanovic & Theolikos & Maric wont sign for us. Rudd Spillane Doc Nelson Drury Whaley Gill Hughes Hoolahan McVeigh Martin Bench: Steer Otsemobor Adejemi, Askou, McDonald, Cureton, OTJ[/quote]

Theo has already signed for us