Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

McVeigh & Cureton on the same teamsheet!

It would be a personal nightmare to see these to players on the same teamsheet!

I seriously doubt what BG is thinking about bringing back McUseless and keeping Cureton - Both has beens and not fit to wear the shirt.

Aside from these two I do believe there is good reason to be positive, with the potential additions Whaley/Maric/Holt/Wiggins, I think we are only really short of a new right back!

BUT I would be a lot more optimistic without Cureton/McCrap in our squad!

[quote user="LeagueOneBurge"]

I seriously doubt what BG is thinking about bringing back McUseless and keeping Cureton - Both has beens and not fit to wear the shirt.

Aside from these two I do believe there is good reason to be positive, with the potential additions Whaley/Maric/Holt/Wiggins, I think we are only really short of a new right back!

[/quote]

Take Pattison and Russell with them and i''ll be happy providing we keep Hoolahan [:)]

[quote user="John"]How was McVeigh while you watched him ''play'' at Luton then?[/quote]

I saw McVeigh often enough when he was here previously to be able to judge thanks!

I don''t think the Luton fans saw much of him either!!!!!!!!!

People misunderstand the reason he wasn''t playing for Luton was not because he wasn''t good enough but because Luton simply could not afford to play him due to his wages. If he''s impressed on trial why not give him a chance? If he turns out not to be good enough I doubt he''s on much money so it wont be wasted and he''s still a good squad player and brings experience to the side.

Understand your concern, but i really on''t see these 2 making the bench much if we get Maric and Holt.

[/quote]Give them both a chance ffs!

I''ll be absolutely gobsmacked if McVeigh makes more than 10 league starts for Norwich next season. He is merely here as a squad player, and with it he brings valuable experience.

I saw McVeigh often enough when he was here previously to be able to judge thanks!

[/quote]Maybe you should watch our promotion season dvd...and tell me what you think of McVeigh.Most people remember his last games and completely forget some of his best.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="LeagueOneBurge"]

[/quote]Maybe you should watch our promotion season dvd...and tell me what you think of McVeigh.Most people remember his last games and completely forget some of his best.[/quote]I don''t need to watch the DVD, I watched a fair few of the games in person. Yes McVeigh was an important member of that squad but he did also fall from grace very quickly not long after.Of all Gunn''s signings so far, this is the one I have major misgivings about. I haven''t got it in for McVeigh and I hope he proves me wrong and makes posts like this look silly.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="LeagueOneBurge"]

[/quote]Maybe you should watch our promotion season dvd...and tell me what you think of McVeigh.Most people remember his last games and completely forget some of his best.[/quote]I don''t need to watch the DVD, I watched a fair few of the games in person. Yes McVeigh was an important member of that squad but he did also fall from grace very quickly not long after.Of all Gunn''s signings so far, this is the one I have major misgivings about. I haven''t got it in for McVeigh and I hope he proves me wrong and makes posts like this look silly.[/quote]And that''s fair enough. So did i, i was meaning to re-ignite peoples memorys. Simply, most people remember what they last saw of a player, i guess its human nature. I think we can agree he is only realistically a squad player and i see no real problem with having a player like him on the bench, and maybe starting a couple of games if in form too.