Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

still no strikers!!!!

im not being negative...but would liked to have seen at least 1 striker from this mornings press confrence and then another very soon after...Maric then Holt or ????

Lets just hope we get some soon, and not end up "going with what we have got!"

Maric has been offered a contract (which Gunn has confirmed)

We are also led to beleive that we have agreed a fee for Holt. I feel that the striker department will be complete by this time next week.

I think we''re fairly set in terms of most of the squad now- keepers, defenders (admitted right-back is still a bit oo-er but we have yet to see what Spillane can really do there) and midfielders have cover on top of cover now. Therefore any other signings we''re likely to make- aside from Askou, as Ill think we''ll offer him a deal soon too- I think are likely to be forwards.

Would anyone consider our squad to be finished should the signings of Maric, Holt and Askou go through soon?

[quote user="Mason 47"]

I think we''re fairly set in terms of most of the squad now- keepers, defenders (admitted right-back is still a bit oo-er but we have yet to see what Spillane can really do there) and midfielders have cover on top of cover now. Therefore any other signings we''re likely to make- aside from Askou, as Ill think we''ll offer him a deal soon too- I think are likely to be forwards.

Would anyone consider our squad to be finished should the signings of Maric, Holt and Askou go through soon?

[/quote]i think we will be set [Y]

[quote user="Mason 47"]

[/quote]

I would be happy with that [:D]

I''m staggered that once again we are on the eve of a season without a tall target man.  Ordinarily I''d have the mindset of ''it''s such an obvious hole in the side that surely it will be addressed before the season starts''....only...it was an obvious need exactly a year ago, and arguably a big factor in our dreadful season.  How then, are we at the here and now without this being dealt with?!