Sign in to follow this  
James Long

Crow gets a contract?

Just been looking on the Canaries website and Danny Crow has been rewarded with a professional contract till the end of the year with an option of an extra 2 years. Heard he''s been really good in the under 19''s and reserves and scored something like 17 goals last season which at that level is really good. Never know may be a raw young talent that may be required for the 1st team if things don''t pick up and if he were lucky enough to get in the 1st team squad. But what does everyone else think bout him getting a professional contract.

Yeah, it''s abit of a sickener for me because I used to play with him when we both had trials for the club. He made it and I didn''t.

I''m not jealous of course but if he ever makes it into the first team and makes a mistake I''ll be booing and jeering for Worthy to get him off.

I think it''s a positive step for both Club and player in both sides securing his immediate future on a 12 month contract, in which Crow has the opportunity to push himself into the picture as regards future advancement with the Club. Have heard various snippets of Reserve game action and his name has always stood out in the reviews as being a player of fairly decent quality. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Shame the Youth and Reserve team setup only seems capable of producing either promising attackers or keepers, i.e. Hendo, Jarvo and now Crow, as well as Bellers and Eadie a few years ago, whilst we''ve seen Greeno and Judas Marshall come through with Joe Lewis the next promising keeper to emerge from Colney.

Shackell may just prove to be the first of a fair few decent defenders to have developed so there''s still hope for home-grown players across the park. Wonder who the last team (if any) were to field an entire team of home-developed players..?!?     

i haven''t seen a lot of him this season to be honest, only in the two reserve games i have been to, but last season he was simply superb in the U19s.  I would rate him above jarvis and certainly henderson as someone who will make the grade up to the first team and stay there. 

Whether Worthy will play him is debatable, after all he hardly ever plays jarvis.  We might have to wait for this one James, hence the relatively long contract for a youngster