Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

Conspiracy of silence?

Notable that not one of the twitters or reports from the press conference mentions anything from Gunn r.e. Holt.

Surely the journos put the question, so can we presume that they were either given a no comment which they did not report or they were told that they''d have something concrete to report soon and to hold fire whilst the ends were tied today?

I may well be wrong but I''ve heard of similar occurring before and it would explain the lack of a Holt query and response today.

I wondered this with Whaley and Hughes, given that the likes of Cam had apparently spoken to Gunny about them, and blasted Archant for not bothering to pick up the phone and ask the question... about an hour later there''d been a press conference to unveil Hughes and we were told about Whaley''s old injury niggle they were checking out. 

Personally I think the Archant journos are a little too happy to be given news, rather than going out and getting it, but I''m willing to be proven wrong again today!

I thought the club clearly stated that they would never comment on deals until they were completed so there would be no point in journalists asking. Crafty way to start yet another Grant Holt thread though! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I thought the club clearly stated that they would never comment on deals until they were completed so there would be no point in journalists asking. Crafty way to start yet another Grant Holt thread though! [;)][/quote]

Maric was discussed however, if only to report that he was still thinking. Given that Holt speculation had reached as far as being reported as a done deal in Shropshire surely even Archant would have asked at least a question.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]We asked the question. "We don''t comment on speculation" was the answer.[/quote]

Ah, fair play. Thanks Pete.

Best I go back to staring at the grassy knoll and trying to work that one out.