Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Word on the Shrewsbury forum is...

"Holt''s deal has been confirmed ( dependant on Grant passing a medical ) for a fee of £400.00.00 upfront with an additional £150.000.00 if Norwich get promoted this coming season.

Also, something of which may be of interest to some ! Rob Bickerton will cease to be an employee of the club one week from now."

The guy who posted is a forum veteran with thousands of posts over 6 years... and it seems he is a reliable source to their fans on the forum... interesting... the plot thickens

Have to say im suprised about how big that fee if its true. That must be basically all the money we have to spend gone if we do buy him as I think we wer supposed to have bout £750,000 to spend so along with the whaley deal that will be most of that gone

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Have to say im suprised about how big that fee if its true. That must be basically all the money we have to spend gone if we do buy him as I think we wer supposed to have bout £750,000 to spend so along with the whaley deal that will be most of that gone[/quote]We now just have to sit back and wait for those who were complaining that we haven''t spent any money to start complaining that we''ve spent all that money on 2 players.  We should have bout 14 Premiership players for that money...

I havvnt really got a problem abut spending most of it on a few players but I am wondering if we could have got Alan Lee instead for the same amount of money

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Have to say im suprised about how big that fee if its true. That must be basically all the money we have to spend gone if we do buy him as I think we wer supposed to have bout £750,000 to spend so along with the whaley deal that will be most of that gone[/quote]

Money from

Marshall

Clingan

Russell

Rebate

Foulger

plus anything else the board can find lying around..................I would think is considerably more than £750k

Considering Clingan will bring around 650k, Russell will bring over 500k if Burnley improve their offer plus the rebate money... holt for around 500k would surely be acceptable.

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Have to say im suprised about how big that fee if its true. That must be basically all the money we have to spend gone if we do buy him as I think we wer supposed to have bout £750,000 to spend so along with the whaley deal that will be most of that gone[/quote]

Money from

Marshall

Clingan

Russell

Rebate

Foulger

plus anything else the board can find lying around..................I would think is considerably more than £750k

[/quote]

Well im saying £750,000 from the rebate and foulger together. Can you honestly see them putting alot of the money from selling other players into the transfer budget? They have probably wasted it on something else as usual

[quote user="McCanary"]

Money from

Marshall

Clingan

Russell

Rebate

Foulger

[/quote]

Well im saying £750,000 from the rebate and foulger together. Can you honestly see them putting alot of the money from selling other players into the transfer budget? They have probably wasted it on something else as usual

[quote user="McCanary"]

Money from

Marshall

Clingan

Russell

Rebate

Foulger

[/quote]And you think all that money will go into the transfer kitty? [:|]

[quote user="McCanary"]

Money from

Marshall

Clingan

Russell

Rebate

Foulger

[/quote]Ah but remember the classic line of money going into the ''playing budget''.For someone who scored 28 goals last season, I don''t think £400k is too bad.  He is the sort of player we need up front without a doubt, we couldn''t afford to bring another striker in the Cureton, Martin, MacDonald mould.  We need someone who will put themselves about, who better than the leading goalscorer in League 2 last season?I bet if we were in the Championship still, people would be complaining that we weren''t looking at players in the lower leagues, and now people complain that we are.  I think this could prove to be a very good signing.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]I havvnt really got a problem abut spending most of it on a few players but I am wondering if we could have got Alan Lee instead for the same amount of money[/quote]Maybe, but i''d rather have Holt instead of Lee personally anyway.

Revenue from fans is no where near enough to cover the costs of wages and other operating costs so the shortfall is covered by generating other revenue, revenue from player sales and cash injections from benefactors. It is the same at nearly every football club. Tranfer money in vs transfer money out is just sone small part of a much bigger picture.

I think 400k and another 150k if promoted sounds reasonable for Holt. Remember that this would be on top of the contract offer already made to Maric, so there must be some money still available and the Clingan & Russell money yet to come.

ndhscanary wrote the following post at 24/07/2009 12:59 PM:

I havvnt really got a problem abut spending most of it on a few players but I am wondering if we could have got Alan Lee instead for the same amount of money

I think palace have deliberately priced us out of the market.....they are hoping to recover most of what they paid scum for him, which we cannot afford

Rather Holt than Lee any day. The Ipswich connection aside, he''s older and seemingly his desire to play for us is purely based on location and a reasonable contract.

[quote user="ndhscanary"][quote user="McCanary"]

Money from

Marshall

Clingan

Russell

Rebate

Foulger

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, like SIGNING ON FEES!!! Most if not all of the frees will have taken one - whether we pay another club a transfer fee or a free agent a signing on fee, it''s all cash from the transfer budget.

If you take a rough estimate of the comings and going, i guess it would look like this...

OUT

marshall 700k

clingan 700k

russell 500k

rebate 350 k

foulger 350k

TOTAL: 2.6 MILLION

IN

gill   free

tudur jones free?

theoklitis    free

McVeigh   free

Nelson 100k

Hughes 200k

Whaley 200k

Wiggins 100k comp

HOLT 500k?

TOTAL 1.1 MILLION

Rough profit 1.5 million.... A good dent on our debts...?!

Discuss.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="ndhscanary"][quote user="McCanary"]

Money from

Marshall

Clingan

Russell

Rebate

Foulger

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, like SIGNING ON FEES!!! Most if not all of the frees will have taken one - whether we pay another club a transfer fee or a free agent a signing on fee, it''s all cash from the transfer budget.[/quote]I''m no board apologist, but currently I can''t see where McInally and Bowkett have got anything wrong yet, even Stephan Phillips looking at it from their perspective, and they stated that as much money as possible would be spent on the team and that seems to be happening. I would also not be surprised if Foulger, the Stowmarkets and Bowkett have put more in, or at least given guarantees, than they will ever announce. Bowkett and Foulger have been as frustrated as most people on this board about recent events and if they have the means they will probably use them.

[quote user="nu_matik"]

If you take a rough estimate of the comings and going, i guess it would look like this...

OUT

marshall 700k

clingan 700k

russell 500k

rebate 350 k

foulger 350k

IN

gill   free

tudur jones free?

theoklitis    free

McVeigh   free

Nelson 100k

Hughes 200k

Whaley 200k

Wiggins 100k comp

HOLT 500k?

TOTAL 1.1 MILLION

Discuss.

[/quote]

Dont think Tudor Jones was free.. Undisclosed I think...

Holt ahead of Lee just for the fact he has had a few good seasons in a row so HOPEFULLY would be in a good frame of mind to bag us some goals.. Lee must be abit dented due to the fact the club that employ him just don''t want him.. Maybe I am wrong though..

[quote user="nu_matik"]

OUT

marshall 700k

clingan 700k

russell 500k

rebate 350 k

foulger 350k

IN

gill   free

tudur jones free?

theoklitis    free

McVeigh   free

Nelson 100k

Hughes 200k

Whaley 200k

Wiggins 100k comp

HOLT 500k?

TOTAL 1.1 MILLION

Discuss.

[/quote]

Marshall was a lot closer to 400k, Wiggins will be more, Hughes was a free?, jones was 250k and then the frees have signing on fees.

So i reckon there is little to no profit, especially as we haven''t sold Russell and Clingan yet and the fees are guesses atm

some people are just never happy

did people expect us to sign 10 £1m players this summer?

With the budget at our disposal i think the board and gunny''s team have worked a minor miracle, and I still dont think theyve finished yet.

He now needs to get them to play as a team and this time next year I am sure we will be getting excited about our plans for the championship.

Fo what its worth, I think holt is over priced if that figure is true, but as we know goalscorers cost money and if he score 20 next season he will have been more than worth it.  I think he is a better buy than Lee personally.

I just hope weve got some cash left for Jan if we need it, or maybe thats what we will use the clingon / rusty cash for

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="nu_matik"]

OUT

marshall 700k

clingan 700k

russell 500k

rebate 350 k

foulger 350k

IN

gill   free

tudur jones free?

theoklitis    free

McVeigh   free

Nelson 100k

Hughes 200k

Whaley 200k

Wiggins 100k comp

HOLT 500k?

TOTAL 1.1 MILLION

Discuss.

[/quote]

Marshall was a lot closer to 400k, Wiggins will be more, Hughes was a free?, jones was 250k and then the frees have signing on fees.

So i reckon there is little to no profit, especially as we haven''t sold Russell and Clingan yet and the fees are guesses atm

[/quote]

Was a rough guess as im not very clued up on transfer stuff..but..still think at this level, we got rid of those who didnt want to wear the city shirt at this level..and got a good bunch of permanent fixtures who i reckon will do us well....I reckon there will be a biot of profit, and surely marshall was more than 500k?

OUT

marshall 700k

clingan 700k

russell 500k

rebate 350 k

foulger 350k

IN

gill   free

tudur jones free?

theoklitis    free

McVeigh   free

Nelson 100k

Hughes 200k

Whaley 200k

Wiggins 100k comp

HOLT 500k?

TOTAL 1.1 MILLION

Discuss.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was a rough guess as im not very clued up on transfer stuff..but..still think at this level, we got rid of those who didnt want to wear the city shirt at this level..and got a good bunch of permanent fixtures who i reckon will do us well....I reckon there will be a biot of profit, and surely marshall was more than 500k?

OUT

marshall 700k

clingan 700k

russell 500k

rebate 350 k

foulger 350k

IN

gill   free

tudur jones free?

theoklitis    free

McVeigh   free

Nelson 100k

Hughes 200k

Whaley 200k

Wiggins 100k comp

HOLT 500k?

TOTAL 1.1 MILLION

Discuss.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="nu_matik"]

OUT

marshall 700k

clingan 700k

russell 500k

rebate 350 k

foulger 350k

IN

gill   free

tudur jones free?

theoklitis    free

McVeigh   free

Nelson 100k

Hughes 200k

Whaley 200k

Wiggins 100k comp

HOLT 500k?

TOTAL 1.1 MILLION

Discuss.

[/quote]

As mentioned before your post add another £1 million on agents fees and you''re getting closer.  The transfer fee noawdays means Jack Sh*t - it''s the full package that matters, and it bleeds us dry all the time.  If all clubs took the same approach as Chris Coleman is at Coventry then discussion of transfer fees alone would mean something.  until that time I wish you and all the others on this forum who focus on transfer fees can go elsewhere.  It''s nearly as bad as Tangy and his discussion of off the field asets.