Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Well Done Gunny !

As a regular contributor to these pages I have been very anti-Bryan Gunn''s appointment as manager so this is a headline I thought I would never write.

But he and his team have gone out and got, for the best part, young hungry players who want to play for the club. So now with Grant Holt here and hopefully Maric as well we all need to give the management team time to blend together our new team. (Yes I did call for these signings sooner but here we are, we have to live with it )

Don''t get me wrong, I still think if a buyer for Notts County can be found surely then so can we & did we do enough to keep Sammy Clingan ? Him going for £650,000 is ludicrous. So Delia''s position is still  "a demonstration waiting to happen" we shall see. 

But getting a good fee for Rusty is top business.

Gunny and his backroom staff have done really well (especially it seems Dixie Deehan... wonder who he fancies for the King George! ) but as all us cynics will say " the proof  will be in the pudding" ie on the pitch but I am approaching this season with great excitment now which was not the case 2 months ago.

[quote user="canarytim"]

As a regular contributor to these pages I have been very anti-Bryan Gunn''s appointment as manager so this is a headline I thought I would never write.

But he and his team have gone out and got, for the best part, young hungry players who want to play for the club. So now with Grant Holt here and hopefully Maric as well we all need to give the management team time to blend together our new team. (Yes I did call for these signings sooner but here we are, we have to live with it )

Don''t get me wrong, I still think if a buyer for Notts County can be found surely then so can we & did we do enough to keep Sammy Clingan ? Him going for £650,000 is ludicrous. So Delia''s position is still  "a demonstration waiting to happen" we shall see. 

But getting a good fee for Rusty is top business.

Gunny and his backroom staff have done really well (especially it seems Dixie Deehan... wonder who he fancies for the King George! ) but as all us cynics will say " the proof  will be in the pudding" ie on the pitch but I am approaching this season with great excitment now which was not the case 2 months ago.

[/quote]

that was the days after we got relegated initially!

What a load of rubbish, why are you singling out Delia for blame with regards to the Clingan situation? how do you know that they did not consult Gunn? The reason that Clingan is leaving is because he wants to, as simple as, and although I too would have liked Clingan to leave.... its not as if the club have rejected £1m and accepted 650k from another club is it? They got the price that the market would pay for a player who has a history of leaving on a bosman free.

And you do also realise that Notts County are potentially a bigger club than Norwich? who had next to no debts, and are based in a huge catchment area?