Sign in to follow this  
scrimmage

OK, I'm very happy, and positive, but

We''ve now brought in 8 permanents and a loan, and got rid of two. Surely we will need to get rid of a few more due to wages?? With 6 extra players, two coming from the champ and 1 on load form the prem, these wages aren''t going to be low. I understand that Crofty and Marsh were probably big earners at the club. Don''t get me wrong as I''m not one of them negative bastards I''m well optimistic now for the coming season. OTBC

Fotheringham aswell left. Also think of all the loans we were probably paying the majority of their wages whilst they were here. Plus Clingan and Russell will probably leave by the end of next week

When Clingan and Russell I imagine the wage bill will drop considerably... assuming they were players on a high wage?

We''ve gotten rid of 12 players from loans / Marshall from last season, with the possibility of 2 more.

So I don''t think it''s a problem we''ve replaced a total of 14 players (potentially) with 9 (and presumably another 2, Maric, Holt = 11) just yet! :D

Yeah - 12 inc. Croft and Marshall (not actually sure on the exact figure, but is quoted from someone else''s thread)

Fair enough, plus a lot of the loans were from prem teams and therefore on higher wages. Am I right in thinking free agents often pick up bigger wages? Sorry I''m just going on what FIFA 09 says, lol.What pleases me most about this transfer season is that we only have one loanee, and 8 permanents. So we''ve replaced the majority of loanees with what seem to be quality perms. I''m happy [:D]

[quote user="ob1"]Yeah - 12 inc. Croft and Marshall (not actually sure on the exact figure, but is quoted from someone else''s thread)[/quote]I think the 12 included all the loans from last season.  I make it that we have lost:

Fozzy, Marshall, Croft, Cort, Lee, Mooney, Leijer, Shackell, Carney, Gow, Nelson plus weren''t we paying for Killen until the end of the season?

[quote user="scrimmage"]Am I right in thinking free agents often pick up bigger wages? Sorry I''m just going on what FIFA 09 says, lol.
[/quote]

I would of thought in most cases it would be the opposite for free agents, as they are desperate to find a team. It isn''t often the are of Lita''s ability and can negotiate for the highest bidder

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="scrimmage"]Am I right in thinking free agents often pick up bigger wages? Sorry I''m just going on what FIFA 09 says, lol.
[/quote]

I would of thought in most cases it would be the opposite for free agents, as they are desperate to find a team. It isn''t often the are of Lita''s ability and can negotiate for the highest bidder

[/quote]

Talking of Leroy, has he signed for anyone yet? I know there''s not really a cat in hell''s change of him coming down to league 1 but if we did offer him something I would be majorly impressed. And we all know how much he liked it here.

[quote user="scrimmage"]We''ve now brought in 8 permanents and a loan,[/quote]I must have missed something, who''s this loan we have brought in?!