Sign in to follow this  
DW

Goalkeeper on loan!

I''m not against loans but this seems strange, Rudd has done well in pre-season and should be worth a place on the bench.

Sorry but what the hell is the point of this. Gunn is doing some decent work this summer but we do not need to be wasting money on another goalkeeper unless there is something wrong with Theo which means he won''t be able to play for a while.

As I said in a previous post last week I think its a good decision and we can now get Rudd on loan for 3 months to give him first team experience.

Great signing - Alnwick''s a decent keeper.

We needed a more experienced #2, and Alnwick has that at the highest level. Very pleased with this signing as well. No gap in the squad (however small) is being left un-filled.

We can loan Rudd out now!

How many keepers do we need??? Look at what happened to Matty Gilks, who wasn''t a bad keeper by reputation. He never got a game, and there was only him and Marshall in the squad. Now we''ve got Theo, Alnwick, Rudd and Steer at a pinch.I guess Gunney is the expert on keepers but seems like a waste of wages to me.

[quote user="ncfclad"]As I said in a previous post last week I think its a good decision and we can now get Rudd on loan for 3 months to give him first team experience.[/quote]

Bingo - that will do him the world of good.

I can see the merit of loaning out Rudd but sure Alnwick is not going to come to a League 1 club to sit on the bench?

If it''s one area Gunny will know about it will be Goalkeeping! I think/hope/pray he knows what he is doing!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I can see the merit of loaning out Rudd but sure Alnwick is not going to come to a League 1 club to sit on the bench?[/quote]

Surely it''s better to have two decent keepers vying for a start, than bringing in one on loan who''s sole job is to sit on the bench? Delighted with this signing, competition throughout the squad, and we can loan Rudd out for a few months before he returns for us as #2.

Jesus guys.....he''s a good young keeper and has come in as cover for a few months - injuries and suspensions can happen easily......and while we all believe Rudd will be a great keeper, he''s done nothing yet to really warrant a first team place. Get him out to League 2 or the Conference and toughen him up a bit.

Good signing Gunny, well done.

Oh god!

Keeper Ben Alnwick, midfielder Liam Lawrence and striker Chris Brown displaying teamwork that hasn’t been seen at Sunderland in a long, long time.

That was a quote regarding the alleged sex tape!

1 to go then!

Quite pleased with this, saw him make his debut in that Leicester match mentioned on the home page and he put in a blinder.  It looks like he''s in covering whilst Rudd is on England duty and Steer is out.  Good call, now for some strikers.

"Speaking to canaries.co.uk, manager Bryan Gunn said Alnwick will

provide cover and competition between the sticks at Carrow Road: "Ben

will come in on a three-month loan from Spurs. We were still waiting on

international clearance for Michael, which has only just come through.

Declan has been called up on England duty and Jed Steer strained his

back in the warm-up against Dereham Town, so it was potentially a

fragile goalkeeping situation, which is why I moved for Ben."From the main site

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Good player but can''t play on Sundays as he enjoys a roast.
[/quote]

You''re enjoying this aren''t you? Mind you so did Ben...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Good player but can''t play on Sundays as he enjoys a roast.[/quote]

You''re enjoying this aren''t you? Mind you so did Ben...

[/quote]Couldn''t resist it, GH. [;)]

Reckon Alnwick is good keeper at this level. I would probably play Alnwick ahead of Theoklitis and I would be suprised if we do as I cant see him coming to a league one club to sit on the bench.

If russell stays they may not end up being the best of friends as I seem to remember them having a bit of a falling out in the leicester game a couple of years ago

Just a thought... may be because (as Gunny has said) Theo is behind fitness wise he''s brought in Alnwick until Theo gets up to speed. So perhaps the intention isn''t to loan out Rudd at all. Gunny is just covering all the bases.