Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

A summary of ALL the rumours....

Ok.....here is a summary of whats going on.

Source: The usual reliable guy who hasn''t let me down.

* Grant Holt.....True. Now en route to this fine city!! This excites me!!

* Whaley and Wiggins.....Medicals with a couple of complications, hence the delays.

* Maric....Asking for a fair bit of wonga, no decision made yet.

* Paul McVeigh.....No decision yet but expect one by end of the week.

Tin hat on but my source has always been accurate!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

* Whaley and Wiggins.....Medicals with a couple of complications, hence the delays.

[/quote]i cant see why we want mcsmall???  i would still like to see another striker aswell as Holt and Maric     Lee-Bishop-Lambert

so they may announce Whaley, Wiggins and Hughes at the Press Conference tomorrow?

[/quote]Cheers CUSPD, you''ve been reliable before, so here''s hoping they come off, not too fussed about McVeigh though.

I hope Maric sees sense and realises what a good club he''d be coming to. I like the sound of him, but maybe the fact he has done so well is messing with his ego. Grant Holt would be a good signing, runs around like a mad man (by that I mean covers a lot of ground, although not with an awful lot of pace!) and has a goal ratio of about 1 in 3 at this level. Be a good physical presence up top, if he can recapture some of the early form he showed when first at Forest.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]Lee-Bishop-Lambert[/quote]

They would never fit his name on a shirt. Shame that cos he sounds good !

My source tells me when (not if) Holt signs, Cureton will be sold to Barnsley - can anyone confirm this?

[quote user="Wassa Gorn On"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]Lee-Bishop-Lambert[/quote]

They would never fit his name on a shirt. Shame that cos he sounds good !

[/quote]lol [:D]

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]My source tells me when (not if) Holt signs, Cureton will be sold to Barnsley - can anyone confirm this?[/quote]im not the biggest curo fan but i think he could do ok for us in league 1...or if barnsley do give us some money £250-£500k that would be good for a player of 33 [Y]

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]My source tells me when (not if) Holt signs, Cureton will be sold to Barnsley - can anyone confirm this?[/quote]

PLEASE BE TRUE! You mean, we will get money for him??!

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]My source tells me when (not if) Holt signs, Cureton will be sold to Barnsley - can anyone confirm this?[/quote]

Good, I think its best that Cureton goes, seems a nice lad with city in his heart but I can see things getting nasty this season for him.

There is no way Barnsley would sign curo. You''d have to be stupid to sign cureton twice......oh wait

if maric and holt turn up then he can go as he may hault the development of Cody and martin if he stays

Just maybe because he is a creative attacking midfielder who has already created and scored two in pre-season?[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]i cant see why we want mcsmall???  i would still like to see another striker aswell as Holt and Maric     Lee-Bishop-Lambert[/quote]

I''m wary.  There seem to be an awful lot of players, so alot of scope for something to go wrong.

[quote user="7rew"]I''m wary.  There seem to be an awful lot of players, so alot of scope for something to go wrong.
[/quote]

This guy has never let me down. We all say we need 4/5 players and its happening.

Holt is travelling up so hopefully the terms can be agreed!

[quote user="ACE"]I also summed this up...

http://www.kickitoff.co.uk/2009/07/linked-with-the-world-and-his-mother/
[/quote]

I confidently predict there will be a contract on teh table for Michael Nelson!!!

Seriously though can''t recall a period with so many potential signings happening. They may not all happen but it seems likely we will have at least 3 or 4 new players this week. Roll on tomorrow morning!

Guys don''t get me wrong, all of this would make for a rather good League 1 side but we all get excited... just to be let down, season after season.. Instead of quoting names, I genuinely think we should just sit back, let the management decide and work on players/signings and we should all just hope they get it right..

No matter what we say on here, it will never truely affect what goes on in the boardroom!

As I said though, don''t get me wrong, I want all of these players to sign!

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]My source tells me when (not if) Holt signs, Cureton will be sold to Barnsley - can anyone confirm this?[/quote]Did you mishear and your source actually said something about Cureton and a barn door?

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]

Guys don''t get me wrong, all of this would make for a rather good League 1 side but we all get excited... just to be let down, season after season.. Instead of quoting names, I genuinely think we should just sit back, let the management decide and work on players/signings and we should all just hope they get it right..

No matter what we say on here, it will never truely affect what goes on in the boardroom!

As I said though, don''t get me wrong, I want all of these players to sign!

[/quote]

Well said that man.

[quote user="KCanary"]

PLEASE BE TRUE! You mean, we will get money for him??!

[/quote]Highly unlikely IMO. Think Gunn is happy to keep him - but would be even happier to offload his wages if it meant being able to sign someone like Maric. (As such, it might even involve a payment to Barnsley!). Think Cureton will do OK this season if he''s still a round though. Like it or not Gunn is having to balance fees and wages on a very tight budget and it appears he is winning the battle. Every decent player signed makes it easier to persuade others to come - including the all important striker. Russell will be an important sale - if only because it makes keeping Hoolahan more likely.

[/quote]

I think these sound about right.........

Gunn mentioning players being able to play 50+ games and stringent medicals to protect NCFC suggests there are some problems with Whaley.

Wiggins is currently injured so thats not the problem!

Maric, has looked good but has no pedigree at any kind of high level. On the plus side he might have high wages but he also has no transfer fee.

He would be our biggest gamble. Especially if we signed a long term deal.

I think from the way Gunn has been talking McVeigh will be offered some kind of deal.

He would be a decent squad/bench player at this level who could play at various positions.