Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

Would Doncaster have managed to secure that lot.

With the signing of Whaley,Wiggins,Holt and the loan of Alnwick all secured today I can''t help but ask myself if Neil Doncaster could have managed to do all this in an entire transfer window. How much of this is down to our new CEO David McNally and his well know skills at previous clubs?Maybe getting McNally onboard was this summers shrewdest piece of business as he certainly seems to get things done a lot more than Doncaster used to,and even has the balls to turn down bids.Anybody miss Doncaster now?

I''m certainly not pro Delia but i think this shows where the main problem laid at the club over the past few years.

Doncastor who?

Doncaster wouldn''t have got all the players we have got in a month of sundays, it''d take an month and a week of sundays.  Since this is longer than a transfer window, NO.Did anyone ever miss Doncaster?  (Apart from delia''s big firing stick prior to his leaving of course)

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''m certainly not pro Delia but i think this shows where the main problem laid at the club over the past few years. Doncastor who?[/quote]

I''m starting to think your right on that one sideshow!!!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]With the signing of Whaley,Wiggins,Holt and the loan of Alnwick all secured today I can''t help but ask myself if Neil Doncaster could have managed to do all this in an entire transfer window. [/quote]

But you could have had more Tangible Fixed Assets!

If Doncastor was here we would have had the following message the day after the window closes.

"After a long drive last night trying to close a deal for our target man, unfortunately nothing came out of it, that together with the fact that all the agents and other players are still on holiday is the fact that we have signed no one this season, but we have to remember the loan market is still open for a while yet"

I will miss that annual staement from him so much NOT !

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]With the signing of Whaley,Wiggins,Holt and the loan of Alnwick all secured today I can''t help but ask myself if Neil Doncaster could have managed to do all this in an entire transfer window. [/quote]

But you could have had more Tangible Fixed Assets!

[/quote]Tangy,Are you beginning to feel a tiny piece of optimism for the new season?Just a few green shoots that might suggest the club is changing direction and focus?

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]With the signing of Whaley,Wiggins,Holt and the loan of Alnwick all secured today I can''t help but ask myself if Neil Doncaster could have managed to do all this in an entire transfer window. How much of this is down to our new CEO David McNally and his well know skills at previous clubs?
Maybe getting McNally onboard was this summers shrewdest piece of business as he certainly seems to get things done a lot more than Doncaster used to,and even has the balls to turn down bids.
Anybody miss Doncaster now?
[/quote]

in a word no.

Hats off to Mcnally and all the back room staff.

Thats probably the most positive week we have had, for a long long time

Im looking forward to the friendly tomorrow even more now!

I''ve been starting to think for the last couple of days what a big signing Mcnally was for us and that I may have to hold my hands up and admit a small error of judgement on the doncaster front

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]With the signing of Whaley,Wiggins,Holt and the loan of Alnwick all secured today I can''t help but ask myself if Neil Doncaster could have managed to do all this in an entire transfer window. How much of this is down to our new CEO David McNally and his well know skills at previous clubs?
Maybe getting McNally onboard was this summers shrewdest piece of business as he certainly seems to get things done a lot more than Doncaster used to,and even has the balls to turn down bids.
[/quote]

It has to be said that Doncaster personally had a hand in virtually very piece of transfer business at the club.

I blame a number of the problems at the club on him. No surprise he was sacked.

With previous managers, if we didnt get our targets we never had a plan B.

With McNally/team Gunn we always seem to have plan D,E,F,G and H

The amount of work they must have gone through with all the trialists and all the players both coming in and going out.

Probably over 20 different contract/transfer negotiations (including Marshall/ Clinagn abd Russell leaving)

The fact that they walked away from some deals which were too expensive as well (Dickinson/Lee) is to be commended.

I think they have been incredibly shrewd in the transfer market with a limited budget.

With so many permenent trasnfers we now have the ability to go into the loan market if we need too to add quality to the squad.

We signed some good players under doomcaster, shame he couldnt match that with a good manager!!! The loanee policy was mad, but lets see what this lot brings!

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

It has to be said that Doncaster personally had a hand in virtually very piece of transfer business at the club.

I blame a number of the problems at the club on him. No surprise he was sacked.

With previous managers, if we didnt get our targets we never had a plan B.

With McNally/team Gunn we always seem to have plan D,E,F,G and H

The amount of work they must have gone through with all the trialists and all the players both coming in and going out.

Probably over 20 different contract/transfer negotiations (including Marshall/ Clinagn abd Russell leaving)

The fact that they walked away from some deals which were too expensive as well (Dickinson/Lee) is to be commended.

I think they have been incredibly shrewd in the transfer market with a limited budget.

With so many permenent trasnfers we now have the ability to go into the loan market if we need too to add quality to the squad.

[/quote]

A load of new signings AND I actually agree with you.

Glad it''s Friday and I can now go and lay down in a dark room[:D]

Let''s see how long Mr D remains in Scotland...in his new appointment.

I always believe he was one of those culpable and responsible for our failings.....The other 2, are still present at Carra - and they don''t seem like departing sometime soon.

I''m quite optimistic for our chances this season, and I don''t think Mr McNally will suffer fools gladly.....so Gunny will have to work hard and not falter....after all, it''s a results business.

10 games I reckon.....then a reassessment....and taking stock.

I think it''s that at last we have a CEO with a spine, whereas doomy didn''t seem to have much of one.  This new CEO know''s a football club is just that, football, with a squad of our own players, and anything like restaurants etc have to come 2nd.

It''s refreshing that''s for sure.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Let''s see how long Mr D remains in Scotland...in his new appointment.

I always believe he was one of those culpable and responsible for our failings.....The other 2, are still present at Carra - and they don''t seem like departing sometime soon.

I''m quite optimistic for our chances this season, and I don''t think Mr McNally will suffer fools gladly.....so Gunny will have to work hard and not falter....after all, it''s a results business.

10 games I reckon.....then a reassessment....and taking stock.

[/quote]

lets hope!