Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

10 Games

A number of people on here are advocating making a decision on Gunn''s future after 10 games.  How many point do people expect us to have by then?  And, what is the minimum acceptable amount?

Personally I''d be very happy to have 20pts. (last year Leicester had 23, Peterborough had 17)

Below 15 is not good enough and 12 or below, maybe Crook should take over.

I still recall the 85/86 season when we won the title to return to the top flight at a canter - but we certainly weren''t anywhere near the top after 10 games: we took a while to find our feet and lost several early away games and one at home (Wombles did the double on us, the only home game we lost) in the first c10 games...but then went on a long winning run and never looked back.

What I mean by this is that whilst we all want us to get off to a great start, it sometimes does take a while to get going after relegation, and we need to realise it is a marathon not a sprint.

Even so, I think we''ll be on 18 pts. Home form is going to be important - sides will raise their game when they come here, but we need to make it intimidating to take full advantage.

"Personally I''d be very happy to have 20pts. (last year Leicester had 23, Peterborough had 17)"

- You''re living in dreamland fella!! We have an entire new side THEY WILL NEED LONGER THAN 10 GAMES TO GEL and for Gunny to find his best starting 11....