Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Just one more signing needed....

In my opinion we only need one more player before we have a squad capable of competing with Leeds & Co. That is a quality right back, im sure there has to be a right footed Rhoys Wiggans somewhere. Otsemober is sh*te, and the sooner he is banished to the reserves the better.

I guess if both Russell and Clingan leave then we will need one more centre midfielder. Im sure a few will say that we need another striker, but I feel that Cody McDonald and Chris Martin will be enough. I would welcome Maric, but at the same time think that Cureton could still do a job with a target man (he hasnt had one for the last two years).

For me at least, a right back would complete the squad (subject to Russell staying, otherwise a centre mid).

I am absolutely delighted with the standard of player that we have brought in. Simon Whaley, Grant Holt, Stephen Hughes, Owain Tudor Jones and Rhoys Wiggans are.... in my opinion, championship quality. Im not too sure about Micky Nelson and Matty Gill (have not seen much of them) but time will tell on them.

I think we are stronger now then we were for the whole of last season.

I agree JV.

I''m more positive than last season.

But it''s only a matter of time before ''smudge'' post the opposite!!!!

(he probably already has!)

OTBC!!!

I do agree to a certain extent as otsemobor used all my patience last year.

But....last time he was in this league Semmy won a place in the league XI so he clearly have something.

Hopefully he can play like he did in his first season with us, form a good partnership with Whaley and knuckle down.

But lets not forget.....One of our brightest young prospects Spillane can play there.

[quote user="Beatle"]

I agree JV.

I''m more positive than last season.

But it''s only a matter of time before ''smudge'' post the opposite!!!!

(he probably already has!)

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Yep! He has!!

Very happy with the new signings. Would love to see us get rid of the last of the deadwood that is Russell, and bring back Huckerby when his contract ends.

Have to agree, although still would like to see Maric sign. That way, Holt can''t get complacent as the only BIG striker we have.

Otsemobor at this level can be an asset, providing he is not asleep half the time, like last season.

But agree that another RB will keep him on his toes, and give Gunn options if Otsemobor falls asleep during games.

At least there will be some competition at right back this season which might, just might, get Otsemobor playing better than he did last season. And don''t just think Spillane is the only other candidate for that position!

I disagree. I think this squad would be annihilated in the Championship. But as we''re in League One that doesn''t matter. As long as it can compete well in League One, that''s what it is built for.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I disagree. I think this squad would be annihilated in the Championship. But as we''re in League One that doesn''t matter. As long as it can compete well in League One, that''s what it is built for.
[/quote]

Spot on, as far as I''m concerned we''re at square one for Norwich City Football Club. This is the rebuilding process. The team we are putting together is looking more than capable to do what is asked of them this season, and that fills me with optimism.

I don''t see why people are so obsessed about getting a right back. Spillane played very well there for Luton last year and I think with the options we have in midfield is the ideal candidate to make that position his own.

Yes, without the mythical multi-million pound investor, we have little choice but to pursue the path that we are now following. Time will tell as to the quality we have here, but team spirt and understanding just what the other player(s) can and can''t do can really help close the gap on teams that on paper have more "star" quality - i.e. like us last year.

[quote user="TheCardinal"]I don''t see why people are so obsessed about getting a right back. Spillane played very well there for Luton last year and I think with the options we have in midfield is the ideal candidate to make that position his own.[/quote]I wanted to quickly add, IMO I''d like to see another striker.

otsemober has pace thats about it ,your right i feel that is norwich weak spot .

the forward position was my main concern in a realisic world i would like to see another 15 goal target man with holt.

we should not rely on him for goals and mcdonald needs time to bed in and get used to playing at a higher level.

so far so good though..