Sign in to follow this  
DW

Clingan completes move to Coventry...

On official site,

Good luck to him for the future.

Could we sign another striker with the money, it says undisclosed i should think its around the £700k mark? Lambert anyone? :D

Agree with most of whats been said. He arrived on a free, was by far and away our best player last season and when it all went pear shaped he didn`t publically throw a hissy fit demanding to be given a transfer. At the end of the day City are going to gain approx £1 million for his short time here (I would imagine an initial payment of between £650,000 - £700,000, with the rest being added on with certain clauses). I think having been left with such a paper thin squad at the end of last season, that we need the money more than we need Clinghan. If his departure has paid for the arrival of Holt, Wiggins and Whaley then I`m all for it.

If I was to be a little critical of him, then I think that his performances after January were short of those pre Christmas. Whether that was as a result of the "rumoured" interest by Fulham, I don`t know? It may well be due to the p**s poor muppets surrounding him week in week out that started to grind him down.

The only dissappointment I have is for Sammy himself. I really don`t see Cov as a major step up (no disrespect to Cov). How many times have we seen very good Norwich players move on to seemingly better clubs only to fade into obscurity ( Kenton to Southampton, McKenzie to Cov, Francis to Wigan etc etc). Still hes gone and I think its a good deal for City and an average move for Sammy. I for one would give him a clap if he turned up at Carrow road, and would show no hostility to him.

I imagine there will be a fair bit of the money from Clingan left. Holt is probably the most expensive purchase so far at around 400, possible 500k and that was confirmed today as being paid for with the rebate money.

What is certain is there is money left for Gunn to spend... I hope he holds on to a fair deal of it until January by which time our suspected areas of weakness would have been proven in matches.

well as long as maric signs, all i want is a right back, clinkers wud be a bonus if he stayed, guess it ain''t happening tho. Hope cov don''t do 2 us wat they did wit leon tho...

[quote user="Mushroom"]Reported to rise to £1,000,000 when all the relevant add on''s have been placed. Quite a good investment, he was.[/quote]Says it all! If only w had invested in players instead of Restaurants? Maybe we would not have made such a total mess of things?We might have even seen some good players in the process?