Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

the pompey bell

(on behalf of meeky, who can''t get his computer to work, honestly some people!)

"Pompey Bell Ringer"

We all know how annoying the bloke with the bell is, so some of us have been thinking what a good idea it would be, if people in the Lower Barclay and Jarrolds stand, bought along a bell (or triangle) and drowned his one out (he may get the idea then). I personally don''t own one but I''m sure it may be possible to borrow one from your local or somewhere

Great idea, will look into it.  That guy is so annoying, fair enough showing your support, but for 90 minutes every game.  He does my head in.

otbc

Suprised Sky havent asked for it to be stopped or something given its all you can hear on their footie broadcasts.Also have the stewards thought about confiscation? Ive been to a football match where a foghorn in a can was confiscated..Bet we see rival Pompey fans start a save the bell campaign!It must be silenced!

[quote]Suprised Sky havent asked for it to be stopped or something given its all you can hear on their footie broadcasts.Also have the stewards thought about confiscation? Ive been to a football match where ...[/quote]

Well if they can confiscate a cheeseboard then they must surely confiscate the bell (or the dinger inside the bell). Is it a handheld bell? I''m glad I will be at the other end of the South Stand. Anyway, we will all be singing so loudly for 90 minutes that the bell doesn''t stand a chance.