Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

is the jigsaw complete ..?

a new keeper highly rated .

a quick left back highly rated .

big defenders signed plus what we had .

a winning midfield .

quick winger and a tricky winger .

a striker who can score goals with a promising mcdonald..

im starting to like the look of this team we now have.

i think the team we have could put up a fight in the championship.

i would not be surprised if another one or two faces come in .

then use the loan system if we need it .

we now have our own team ..what a good feeling for a change .

cant count ya chickens before they hatch yet i feel this team has a good look about it now...

well done gunny ... and i should imagine the man who made it happen was a mr mcnally .

if we can get back at least 500-600k for russell i will take my hat off to the man .

lets hope this new team can cut the mustard ....

I wouldn''t say the jigsaw is complete... I would say Gunn has got all the jigsaw pieces and now comes his real test... is he a capable enough manager to successfully put them all together to create a winning team... that remains to be seen :)

The squad has new faces in mainly the right places but for me there are three key question marks and one possible.

The first is right back,  SPillanes preference is for central work while Ots barely deserves a second chance - I would like to see another signing here - it has been the key weakness over the last couple of seasons and has still not been addressed.  

I am still worried that we have too much expectation to create on Hoolahan,  if and when he gets injured do we have enough to create the chances needed to win games,  especially if teams come to make things difficult - as such some midfield flair is still needed.

In addition IF both Rusty and Clingan leave then we do still need another central midfielder.

That would leave the jigsaw reasy to assemble- however I still have huge doubts that Gunn has the capability to finish it,  he has the pieces but can he (and team gunn) improve upon last seasons abysmal showing and get the team motivated and changed when things are not going well?  No point having a flash 2000 piece jigsaw if the person holding the box has the spacial awareness of a 3 year old.  

[quote user="loz h"]new keeper for 3 months on loan? am i missing something[/quote]

Yes, our new Aussie keeper (Theo).