Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Holt is not coming here!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

But if Wiz didn''t take something at face value, then he wouldn''t be able to start his very own thread about it, would he? I''m surprised CT hasn''t popped up yet with the headline "Grant Holt to sign, you heard it here first"...

Basically if ''could you sit down please'' says Holt is in the building, then Holt is in the building.  How many more times does he have to be right before people realise his source is legitimate?

[/quote]im with you on this EM [Y]

But if Wiz didn''t take something at face value, then he wouldn''t be able to start his very own thread about it, would he? I''m surprised CT hasn''t popped up yet with the headline "Grant Holt to sign, you heard it here first"...

Basically if ''could you sit down please'' says Holt is in the building, then Holt is in the building.  How many more times does he have to be right before people realise his source is legitimate?

[/quote]

Firstly, that was funny!

Secondly, I''m normally quite pessimistic with rumours like this - I genuinely think Holt would be a great signing and it would really excite me. But as a personal friend of CUSDP, I have seen some of the info he is privy to and I 100% believe and think this will happen.

Obviously it''s football, so anything can and may go wrong, until the man is signed I won''t get too carried away, but I have no doubts he is at the very least in talks with us.

[quote user="ob1"] How does that factor into your claim? Unless you''ve got some information on how Notts County are exempt from Football League rules... interested to hear how you think they''ve managed that.[/quote]

As founder members of the Football League they obviously are exempt

[quote user="Camuldonum"]We spoke to BBC Sport this afternoon who say they had a tip from inside Shrewsbury but haven''t so far been able to get any further with it.  They also believe that an approach may have been made direct to the Shrewsbury chairman (which I am guessing would either be from the Norwich Chairman or from McNally).  That might explain why no one has bothered to tell the Shrewsbury press officer anything about it. [/quote]

Am I right in saying that the NCFC press office know very little about any potential signings until something is imminent, i.e. the morning of a press conference.  It would make sense for anyone conducting transfer business to keep such information away from their own press officers, since they''ll be liable to leaks...

Holt is in the building.  Everyone who has legit contacts is saying the same things.  Only the great "Cam" is begging to differ!

He is signing....just saw him at get out of a black Mercedes (REG AM 1 OBI) at Dunston Hall with an ASDA bag filled with around £7,000 in....[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Look peoples, its simples, I don''t talk to anyone at Archant, BBC, Sky etc because I have no access to them, and they wouldn''t talk to me or anyone else on here either.

Thats not the case with Cam, himself a National Journalist.

I take him at face value, thats all I can do, sometimes he''s spot on, other times he''s not, okay?

[/quote]If a mega ritch corporation was to buy out our club I hope they would aim for someone better than Grant Holt. I mean you have got Lita still kicking around on a free. If all he wants is money then why not go for him?

The BBC or a deluded old man in Lowestoft who told us we were going into administration by July 1st and then told us Foulger was saving the club, I know who I believe.

[quote user="ACE"]Holt is in the building.  Everyone who has legit contacts is saying the same things.  Only the great "Cam" is begging to differ![/quote]Lay off Cam! *All* he is saying is that he spoke to the Shrewsbury press office and he has passed on what they told him. Presumably he knows who is worth talking to and who''s a waste of time.On the other hand, he could be pissed off that Col U were turned down when they bid for Holt.....

[quote user="Camuldonum"]We spoke to BBC Sport this afternoon who say they had a tip from inside Shrewsbury but haven''t so far been able to get any further with it.  They also believe that an approach may have been made direct to the Shrewsbury chairman (which I am guessing would either be from the Norwich Chairman or from McNally).  That might explain why no one has bothered to tell the Shrewsbury press officer anything about it. [/quote]

Am I right in saying that the NCFC press office know very little about any potential signings until something is imminent, i.e. the morning of a press conference.  It would make sense for anyone conducting transfer business to keep such information away from their own press officers, since they''ll be liable to leaks...

[/quote]

Shrewsbury are a very small club and the press officer who has been there about three years has always been in the loop before.  It''s difficult for him because he can''t even answer questions on their official message board of which he is the administrator.

When the Colchester approach was made he was completely up to speed on that and said that the club had refused permission to speak.  Shrewsbury are normally very, very open in their dealings with the Press, both local and national.

Wiz, you''ve been saying this all day while others have been stating that he is at our club including Archant, BBC and CUSDP (who clearly has a legitimate contact).  Why, when you''ve stated in all the other posts on Holt that you don''t believe he is coming, you had to start a new thread is beyond me...oh wait...were you looking for some attention again?!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Look peoples, its simples, I don''t talk to anyone at Archant, BBC, Sky etc because I have no access to them, and they wouldn''t talk to me or anyone else on here either.

I take him at face value, thats all I can do, sometimes he''s spot on, other times he''s not, okay?

[/quote]If a mega ritch corporation was to buy out our club I hope they would aim for someone better than Grant Holt. I mean you have got Lita still kicking around on a free. If all he wants is money then why not go for him?[/quote]

Jesus chicken that would make to much sense!

[/quote]

And so the sacrificial lamb is prepared for when the blame has to be passed........

[quote user="barryevans"]who cares if we don''t get him better players out their for the best part of half  a million[/quote]Source? [:D]

[quote user="barryevans"]who cares if we don''t get him better players out their for the best part of half  a million[/quote]Like Russell!!

It''s little wonder people like Wizard love it here when his attention seeking, unsubtantiated drivel is given 4 pages of replies.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]New player to be announced at a press conference tomorrow - Holt?
[/quote]

Would be delighted, but suspect its more likely to be Whaley.

If I was a betting man i''d say Wiggins. Had hoped would all be done and dusted today. Is it just me or is it a bit of a joke that everything seems to have been delayed 24 hours so Gunn can go to a League Manager''s meeting. i guess he''s probably keen to go because of the novelty but would have preferred him to have stayed here and sorted out these signings.

If County get Grant holt now they have allready got Lee Hughes that will be an unbeleivable partnership in League 2

[quote user="Beauseant"]Maybe the meeting is mandatory? I don''t know,  its just a thought.[/quote]

I don''t think it is mandatory but I do believe they were due to be addressed by some FL chap as a prelim to the start of the season.  Perhaps he bumped into Mr Roeder?[;)]

I have it on very good authority,we have 3 new signings to be announcedbetwwn now and monday, Russell is being put in deal at Palace for Lee, Clingan is moveing to Bristol City,

And don''t ask me my source, because I''ve just made it up

He won''t be signing, not because of money, not because Notts County but for other reasons that I can''t go into, but that have be suggested on this thread.

[/quote]You''re halfway to being like him yourself.  You just need to get the "being spot on" part sorted out.

Colchester United have taken midfielder Gary Holt on trial, while striker transfer-target Grant Holt is on the verge of a move to Norwich City.

U''s chief Paul Lambert has handed former Wycombe Wanderers midfielder Holt, 36, a chance to impress tonight. The former Scottish international will feature for the U''s at Heybridge Swifts later this evening.

After versatile midfield-man Johnnie Jackson slapped in a transfer request yesterday, click here, Holt could be seen as a replacement.

Meanwhile, another Holt, this being Grant, is close to completing a transfer to the U''s League One rivals Norwich.

Earlier this summer, the U''s had a £250,000 bid rejected for the Shrewsbury Town ace, and boss Lambert appears to have accepted defeat in his chase. Holt, himself, also committed his future to the Shrews but now looks set to make an exit.