Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Holt is not coming here!

He completed 90 minutes against Telford 3 days ago!  The reason he did not play last night is obviously because he is off to us or someone else.[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s still not fit, thats why he couldn''t play in friendly, and money bags Notts County are still favourites to sin him.[/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s still not fit, thats why he couldn''t play in friendly, and money bags Notts County are still favourites to sin him.[/quote]darn those pesky arabs!

[quote user="Soldier on"]Wheres this from wiz? I thought BBC said he was in talks? County can''t buy players can they ?[/quote]

lol............... nah we are much better placed then county!!!3 pies and some fine wine!

[quote user="Soldier on"]Wheres this from wiz? I thought BBC said he was in talks? County can''t buy players can they ?[/quote]

The same stable as "I''ve got a big secret but it''s definitely going to happen so stroke my ego by PMing me with requests to be a member of my club".

[quote user="ACE"]He completed 90 minutes against Telford 3 days ago!  The reason he did not play last night is obviously because he is off to us or someone else.

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s still not fit, thats why he couldn''t play in friendly, and money bags Notts County are still favourites to sin him.[/quote][/quote]

Cams quote today on carrowroad.net:

He went back to proper training and then his ankle gave way again and they pulled him out of a friendly he was supposed to be playing in.  It was quite a big operation and it makes you wonder if there is a bit of a risk here.  He certainly won''t be properly match fit at the moment in my view.

Hmm? Archant or Cam?..........I know who I believe!

As has already been pointed out, County are not money-bags just yet, and even if they were, I still reckon we''re a more attractive option at the moment. That said, I think it''s one of Holt/Lee and I would think both would do a job. Holt has a better goal return of late, yes, but 2 divisions below Lee. Lee has the same work ethic, a bit more pace, and I think he''d get a fair few at this level.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ACE"]He completed 90 minutes against Telford 3 days ago!  The reason he did not play last night is obviously because he is off to us or someone else.

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s still not fit, thats why he couldn''t play in friendly, and money bags Notts County are still favourites to sin him.[/quote][/quote]

He went back to proper training and then his ankle gave way again and they pulled him out of a friendly he was supposed to be playing in.  It was quite a big operation and it makes you wonder if there is a bit of a risk here.  He certainly won''t be properly match fit at the moment in my view.

[/quote]

Hang on, last time I checked you hated Cam?

[/quote]

It''s not just Archant, BBC Shropshire are reporting he is "on the verge" of signing for us. I''m sure they know more than Cam does.

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can be friends with anyone, and unlike some on here, I don''t hold grudges.

[/quote]

[/quote]

a bloke can change his mind now and then can`t he ?[:D]

[quote user="ACE"]He completed 90 minutes against Telford 3 days ago!  The reason he did not play last night is obviously because he is off to us or someone else.[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s still not fit, thats why he couldn''t play in friendly, and money bags Notts County are still favourites to sin him.[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]He changed his mind, I know shock horror !

[/quote]

He''s talking about a different friendly I think. Holt then played 90 minutes the other night and Simpson reported no ill effects. He then was mysteriously left out last night and Simpson said "have to wait and see what happens in the next 2 days."

Cam is just going religiously by what the Shrewsbury press officer says to him but according to him Holt is not talking to anyone!

And a posting by the pink-un Twitter says ''''There''s a reason the Grant Holt story is at the top of our sites...'''', so make of that what you will lol

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But Cam also said nothing was happening as Norwich''s press people denied it! I beg to differ............

When the BBC publish a story and it says ''BBC understands'' it is always right.   Same as when Sky do it.Archant or Cam........Who do I believe?      Archant, every single time.  

would imagine BBC are in the know and shrewsbury haven''t quashed the speculation bear in mind though that wiz probably does know something that others don''t and is not attention seeking

[quote user="Soldier on"] wiz probably does know something that others don''t and is not attention seeking[/quote][:D][:D][:D]

Wizard - you''ve ignored this fact on two different threads, despite it being mentioned several times on each;

[b]Notts County can''t buy anyone since they are in a takeover and have a transfer embargo in place.[/b]

How does that factor into your claim? Unless you''ve got some information on how Notts County are exempt from Football League rules... interested to hear how you think they''ve managed that.

Bloody website!

That says; "Notts County can''t buy anyone since they are in a takeover and have a transfer embargo in place"

But if Wiz didn''t take something at face value, then he wouldn''t be able to start his very own thread about it, would he? I''m surprised CT hasn''t popped up yet with the headline "Grant Holt to sign, you heard it here first"...

Basically if ''could you sit down please'' says Holt is in the building, then Holt is in the building.  How many more times does he have to be right before people realise his source is legitimate?

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

a bloke can change his mind now and then can`t he ?[:D]

[/quote]

...and again and again and again....

We spoke to BBC Sport this afternoon who say they had a tip from inside Shrewsbury but haven''t so far been able to get any further with it.  They also believe that an approach may have been made direct to the Shrewsbury chairman (which I am guessing would either be from the Norwich Chairman or from McNally).  That might explain why no one has bothered to tell the Shrewsbury press officer anything about it. 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or opinions for very long!

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]...and again and again and again....[/quote]Sorry Wazzy, I didn''t quite catch that, would you mind repeating it? [:^)]

Look peoples, its simples, I don''t talk to anyone at Archant, BBC, Sky etc because I have no access to them, and they wouldn''t talk to me or anyone else on here either.

Thats not the case with Cam, himself a National Journalist.

I take him at face value, thats all I can do, sometimes he''s spot on, other times he''s not, okay?