Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Re: Anyone else noticed how quite Smudger and Co are now?

I think at this early stage, the signings are good and should help us compete very well in this league. I am also impressed with the way Gunn and CE have done the delas. All we need, apart from the usual, is for Gunn to get the players playing well.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Just reading through the various posts from today and realised that Smudger and Co have been extremely quiet on todays events. Why is this do we think? Any chance they may have realised they were a bit hasty in dismissing Team Gunn and now realise we stand a good chance of getting promotion?[/quote]

I hope you are not counting me in that as im chuffed to bits with the signings we have made. Please when using the term "smudger and co" be more specific, as I am not part of the "co" I am simply me.

[/quote]Crowhurst is good at slipping them in!! Gunn hasnt proven himself just yet,yes i feel we have made some good signings, but so did roeder. I hope Gunn proves me wrong!

[quote user="Smudger"]hahaha what a tool, I have been laughing at you in the background whenever I have had a few moments to look on here at what Archant describe as news and fools like you get over hysterical about.[/quote]You were at the Dereham game though weren''t you mate?I remember seeing you but never came to say hello [:)]

Arthur i never once mentioned your name or even thought of you so why presume you are part of the ''co'' when you obviously dont want to be thought of one of them?

Just a simple question Smudge. What exactly would make you happy? It''s clear that you obviously do care about the club, however you choose to show it. I''m just curious as to what would make Smudger feel any sort of positivity again?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Just reading through the various posts from today and realised that Smudger and Co have been extremely quiet on todays events. Why is this do we think? Any chance they may have realised they were a bit hasty in dismissing Team Gunn and now realise we stand a good chance of getting promotion?
[/quote]

I hope you are not counting me in that as im chuffed to bits with the signings we have made. Please when using the term "smudger and co" be more specific, as I am not part of the "co" I am simply me.

[/quote]

Yep but you have been wrong every year too recently haven''t you Arthur?

Your weak willed "I hope I am wrong" clap trap that we have heard for the last 3 years now is as sickeningly predictable as the sheeps over hysterical bleating! [:$]

Why are you chuffed to bits?

Lets nail your colours to the mast, are we going up this year in your opinion?

Because I hope you realise that anything else is FAILURE???

How many times has a smug percy said this over the last three years. For the record i am happy with about three of the deals so far, the others the jury is still out, same with Gunn himself. If we get promoted i will be over the moon and help and east coast child be be 100 pounds richer but lets see how it goes before we get ahead of ourselves, we aint done nout yet.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Arthur i never once mentioned your name or even thought of you so why presume you are part of the ''co'' when you obviously dont want to be thought of one of them?
[/quote]

No problem mate. Just most people when refering to smudger and co, draw the conclusion that I am part of the co. Apologies.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Smudger"]hahaha what a tool, I have been laughing at you in the background whenever I have had a few moments to look on here at what Archant describe as news and fools like you get over hysterical about.[/quote]
You were at the Dereham game though weren''t you mate?
I remember seeing you but never came to say hello [:)]
[/quote]

Yeah I was at Dereham watching our wonderful future starlets who will be gracing the 1st team shirts in a couple of years the way our club is going.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Just reading through the various posts from today and realised that Smudger and Co have been extremely quiet on todays events. Why is this do we think? Any chance they may have realised they were a bit hasty in dismissing Team Gunn and now realise we stand a good chance of getting promotion?[/quote]

[/quote]

Your weak willed "I hope I am wrong" clap trap that we have heard for the last 3 years now is as sickeningly predictable as the sheeps over hysterical bleating! [:$]

[/quote]

come on smudge this is the best of bad situation, we not in the mark for the tevez''s so 9 signings is movin the right direction, wejust have to wait for the football to begin.......then we can pass judgement!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Just reading through the various posts from today and realised that Smudger and Co have been extremely quiet on todays events. Why is this do we think? Any chance they may have realised they were a bit hasty in dismissing Team Gunn and now realise we stand a good chance of getting promotion?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I predict a top 6 finish.

I also predict that you dont have a girlfriend and simply whack one off over your PC at the responses you get on the pinkun you sad turnip headed pillock!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I also predict that you dont have a girlfriend and simply whack one off over your PC at the responses you get on the pinkun you sad turnip headed pillock!

[/quote]quality retort

Brilliant Art, actually laughed out loud. Give him 3 mins and he will comeup with a suitable Smudge reply.

I wonder if Smudge would have been so against the board if the club had used his paper copying services, or whatever tin pot thing it is.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ha,ha  now that was funny.  Whittle you are a legend.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Just a simple question Smudge. What exactly would make you happy? It''s clear that you obviously do care about the club, however you choose to show it. I''m just curious as to what would make Smudger feel any sort of positivity again?
[/quote]

Far more than a striker who was never good enough to get Forest promoted from this pathetic league and a load of freebies.

In my opinion we have a team full of ok players at this level, but without an injection of 3 or 4 quality individuals we have little chance of challenging for promotion.

The recent signings to me point towards consolidation at this level while the club will continue to struggle financially and go further backwards still the following season.

Let us not forget that 2 or 3 years at this level and we could quite easily be repeating our relegation from the Championship only at one level lower.

Same pattern every year and until there is change at the very top and fans are a little more demanding then nothing will change.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]CC, what is meant by that? only asking a simple question thats all, and im pretty confident after today that Gunn will prove you wrong[/quote]

im concerned about gunns tactics,i felt he was strongly to blame for our demise last season! Crist i hope it was the fact he picked up the dregs of roeders rein, but imnot confident....but am happy about how we are moving forward!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Errr for the last 3 years ive been agreeing with you, and calling for queen bee and co to go, but Im prepared to give them a chance. When have i said "I hope i am wrong"? And if i have said it once or twice thats hardly 3 years is it you numpty? You seem to alienate everyone including people like myself who have defended you in the past.

Now trot along son and give farmer Giles and his 5 lovely daughters a love shower over the latest response to a thread you sad internet hand jerking numpty. Pump that hand smudger, pump that hand...oh the excitment!!!!!!! Get a grilfriend tit! You might find it fun, better still blow up inflatble Ingrid or call out a prostitute.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Let''s see where we are when it matters....Then the gloating, teasing and taunting can start.

Every team that comes to Carra isn''t going to roll over and have their belly tickled...and it''s so very crucial, that our initial results and performances for us are very positive. We have to be fitter, faster and more combative and competitive.

I think you''re being a tad presumptuous with your post.....We haven''t played a competitive game that is worth 3 points for a win yet.

Although, the pre-season kick-abouts are encouraging, it counts for nought.

It''s quite a difficult league to play in.....I think Leeds will testify to that....

[/quote]

Twice in one day I have agreed with you Mello. I have said in other posts that I am very happy so far with the signings. And I think that we will do well, but like you said Leeds struggled as the ''smaller'' teams will want to come to a perceived ''big'' club and show that they can compete.

"Far more than a striker who was never good enough to get Forest promoted from this pathetic league and a load of freebies" -  is this the same striker who scored 17 goals in his first season with forest when they qualified for the play offs? and only struggled with them when they played him on the wing. its like asking Iwan to play as a right winger

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha,ha  now that was funny.  Whittle you are a legend.
[/quote]

haha nice comeback Arthur... [;)]

Let us see what you are predicting in October or at Christmas shall we?

PS -  Do not forget a top 6 finish is FAILURE... only promotion is good enough.

Why is it that our easily pleased fans would be happy with a top 6 finish in this league?  I never heard the fans of Man City, Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Leicester etc saying such things.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Just a simple question Smudge. What exactly would make you happy? It''s clear that you obviously do care about the club, however you choose to show it. I''m just curious as to what would make Smudger feel any sort of positivity again?
[/quote]

Far more than a striker who was never good enough to get Forest promoted from this pathetic league and a load of freebies.

In my opinion we have a team full of ok players at this level, but without an injection of 3 or 4 quality individuals we have little chance of challenging for promotion.

The recent signings to me point towards consolidation at this level while the club will continue to struggle financially and go further backwards still the following season.

Let us not forget that 2 or 3 years at this level and we could quite easily be repeating our relegation from the Championship only at one level lower.

Same pattern every year and until there is change at the very top and fans are a little more demanding then nothing will change.

[/quote]

So Gunn goes out and gets ( almost) a new first 11 and it`s still not good enough for you?

You really need to start looking forward.............................................................and get a woman...lol Arthur!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So Gunn goes out and gets ( almost) a new first 11 and it`s still not good enough for you?

You really need to start looking forward.............................................................and get a woman...lol Arthur!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]