Sign in to follow this  
eio

Green looking at property in Islington..

..which would suggest that a big money move to the Gooners is not far off.

So which of these two options would best serve city:

1. Big money transfer in January, with those funds to spend on immediately improving the team

or

2. Greeno stays until the end of the season gaining us pehaps 8-10 points..

Any thoughts?

I always thought and expected him to depart at the end of the season, however it is a good point to note that we could spend the money on new players in january if he leaves then. The problem is, is that if he goes in January and we spend the money on new players, and then get relegated, we will have no saleable assets at the club who will command a decent fee, and thus no point in selling Greeno.

Maybe its a coincidence then. I hope he stays until the end of the season and worthy uses any funds he has (or is about to get in jan) to spend on the team. Green staying the season and a couple of high quality jan signings and we''ve got every chance of staying up.

[quote]Maybe its a coincidence then. I hope he stays until the end of the season and worthy uses any funds he has (or is about to get in jan) to spend on the team. Green staying the season and a couple of hi...[/quote]

Backpedling now ei? Time wasting rumour mungering methinks. As if Greeno has the time to househunt, too busy practising his stopping skills. 

not really backpeddling, i just can''t be bothered to argue.

i posted that greeno had signed his new contract on here before it was officially released, so its not rumour mongering for the sake of it.

anyway, its all irrelevant ''till jan - but i can''t be the only one who thinks that a provisional deal has been done with the arse.

eio is right, he was the first to announce Greeno contract, now he has more revelations about our keeper.

Who is eio ? Greeno''s brother ? father ? or maybe his AGENT bumping up the fee !

total rubbish.if green is getting transferred, then he''d at least wait until the ink was all dry to find a place. and besides, if you were making 10-20k per week, would you live in Islington? i think not.and if there''s a contract signed then that would be news by now. all the people who need to be involved in a signing wouldn''t be able to keep this quiet for that long. lehmann, for one, would know.