Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Edward

Todays performance

I think we played ok today. Although in the second half we did get a bit slopy. 1st half we looked well organised, probably to do with the Doc, who played alright, except the penalty he gave away, playing, we seemed to lose this organisation in the 2nd half when he was replaced by Nelson, who looked shakey. Alnwick looks decent, was a resonably good penalty save, but his kicking let him down in the second half. Adeyemi scored an absolute peach, and was quality in the midfield. Tudur-Jones is one giant figure, and is not scared to put a foot in, however he did miss a glorious chance. Mcveigh looked good enough on the ball but seems to have lost a lot of pace. Cureton at times played ok, getting back and winning the ball on odd occasions, but his pace and finishing, like always, let him down. Chris Martin was outstanding in my opinion. He seems a lot fitter than when he left for Luton a year ago. He was strong and held up the ball well and also wasnt scared to run with the ball. Hoolahan was good, but didnt really run at players that much. Askou, the center half on trial, looked good in the first half, but a little less in the second. He was commanding in the air and seemed to have a bit more comosure than our other center halfs with the ball at his feet. Otsemobor played a lot better than he was at the end of last season. The commitment that was lacking seemed to be back, and a couple of times was required to use his pace to track back and cover the center halfs. Whaley who came on at half time seemed ok. He has pace and can run at players, but seemed to be lacking fitness. Bright  impressed me in his short time. He''s strong and can hold a ball up, aswell as being quite good in the air. He doesnt seem to sluggish either. Drury and Lappin both played well at left back, with the latter doing ok on the wing. Gill intercepted a lot of passes, but his own passing let him down. Holt and Spillane didnt have much time to do much in all fairness.

Doherty gave the penalty away!Some things are never going to change are they?I read somewhere else that Whaley kept cutting inside - do you think that really is due to lack of match fitness or Fester''s tactics? I pray the former.