Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

Worthington

"It won''t get any easier,"We may aswell forget about staying in the Division then. Oh you do inspire confidence Worthy. If you are saying that Liverpool away and Pompey at home are comparative in difficulty, he must be expecting us to lose 3-0 to them too? Maybe he''s just covering himself should we lose to Pompey? I don''t know, but he''s certainly not inspiring confidence amongst the fans.Sort it out Worthy...Stop playing Donkeyty and get Jonson on the pitch.

Im not tring to reply to every post on the board honest, and yes I do have work to do !

I agree we must give Jonson time on the pitch, Potentially he is the most expensive player in our clubs history (not saying much given our history of spending money I know) but we need to know if he can come up with the goods and an odd few minutes here or there will never proove that one way or another.

[quote]Im not tring to reply to every post on the board honest, and yes I do have work to do ! I agree we must give Jonson time on the pitch, Potentially he is the most expensive player in our clubs history...[/quote]

Absolutely right K.G., that''s where we should have made more use of the Bristol match, used all of the new signings plus Leon etc to give a picture of their potential/ability !

A look at Worthy''s comments today suggest changes afoot for next saturday - Leon WILL get a full 90 mins, we might well see Jonson from the start too, but if the replacing of Safri is anything to go by then we''ll still see gary Holt out there!

Has Worthington started to get it all wrong? Of all his signings for this season only 2 have shown any worth Charlton & Safri. If we intend to keep Green why get 2 more keepers? Bentley needs to grow up, Halveg and Jonson no thank you Malky and Briggs were far better and Doherty? if he''s a centre back play him there because he''s no centre forward. I like Worthington but is he a good manager with no money and a poor one if he''s got money to spend??

I disagree, worthy isn''t there to inspire confidence from the fans, he is there to do as well as he can with the resources he has. He''s not saying we''ll fall to another 3-0 loss, he is simply stating that we are in the premiership now, every week we will be playing against class. Just because we''ve got the big boys out of the way doesn''t mean we should go over the top and expect something stupid like 12-15 points from our next five games.

I also disagree about the signings not being very good. Saffri and Charlton aside, both of whom have done well, Ward and Gallagher are in my limited knowledge of them class keepers and worth having because lets face it Green is too good for us and will leave.

Doherty I personally think plays fairly decently upfront, he wins... everything in the air, he can hold up the ball and has some  lovely layoff touches, the problem is he has zero support. Helveg is captain of Denmark, who are as good as England (Or thereabouts) so how could you call him a bad signing?

Jonson is taking his time to adjust to the football and lifestyle but I personally think he will be a very good player for the club (how old is he?) I will agree with Bentley, to a degree, I think he''s worth having but not worth an automatic place in the starting eleven definitely a squad player though.

People complain about Helveg not playing but then the same people complain about not giving last years players a chance in the premiership so the club cant win. Eddy has had a fantastic year and a bit with us and has proven he is premiership quality. I think Helveg could be accomodated somewhere else (He can pass and defend, why not stick him in for Holt?)

Norwich greatest strength and greatest weakness at the same time is one man - Huckerby. The man can be a genius, he can terrorize anyone, anyone. He can score a few goals (never prolific) but he can setup so many more, the problem is accomodating him into a team. Playing him upfront he isolates the other striker (like Doherty) so they have no-one to lay it off to (especially considering our midfielders ''support'') and playing him on the wing is worse because he is a lazy bastard (I figure that will get edited or something, sorry but he is - its cleaner than my original phrasing ) and won''t track back, ever.

Playing him on the wing against Premiership opposition we''d get ripped to pieces down the opositions right wing. I don''t think we can accomodate him properly, having said that he is our best player so can''t be dropped just very frustrating.

This is not directed at anyone specifically and is more of a general statement of the feelings around both the Internet and everyday life that people in Norwich love nothing better than to find fault with their Football team, whatever they do, however they do it they are criticized.

A few weeks ago everyone hated saffri now they want him to replace someone they''ve loved for years (and dont get me wrong, I think he''d be better than Holt) People loved Doherty but now think he''s useless. I wonder if its a reason why football is so popular, not because people love the game but because it gives them something they can moan and bitch about.

In my opinion, I think Norwich have played well and coped with a horrible start to the fixture list that would frighten Charlton who are a top half side. The only thing I think needs changing is that Holt needs to be dropped along with Bentley and maybe Doherty (but only because I think Leon is a better option, not he hasn''t done well given the circumstances)

Now if you''ve read that I''d like to apologise for pointing out what everyone else in the world already has on different occassions, just wanted my say 

[quote]I disagree, worthy isn''t there to inspire confidence from the fans, he is there to do as well as he can with the resources he has. He''s not saying we''ll fall to another 3-0 loss, he is simply stating ...[/quote]

"Doherty I personally think plays fairly decently upfront, he wins... everything in the air, he can hold up the ball and has some lovely layoff touches"

Which game were you watching ?!

The problem with playing a big target man up front is that for it to work you MUST have a player near him to feed of the knockdowns and to recieve the ball. Our two strikers are so far apart at times that you would think they are on different sides!!

We need a mckenzie type player up front and Hucks back on the left side (where he seens to be anyway)

I only wanted to comment on Worthington''s spending and the players we have lost. Holt may not be on everyone''s team sheet but he would be on mine. Who else in team will run for 90 mins? Who else will be in the others pen/box one min and then run down their play with the ball as they counter in ours? Every team needs a Holt and we are lucky to have the original.

Give Jonson a start with Huck''s up front and see how it goes??? Worthington thought he was a good buy, so why doesn''t he play him? maybe he has now seen enough when he''s played.

Eddy and Brigges are/were better than Halveg, it could be his attitude to the club, (big name at a small club so I don''t have to try) we will see in time.

I too believe that being tall doesn''t mean you will win every long ball. from what i''ve seen of doc is that he wins less than sven. Agree with the comments about Jonsson though, still think he will be a big player later on in the season

"Halveg and Jonson no thank you Malky and Briggs were far better"

You are of course completely mad or just anti scandinavian or both.

At Last!!! I''m so glad you pointed that out. I wrote a long and detailed reply about how pathetically WRONG that comment was - especially as Briggs never even played for us - but scrapped it because I realised the writer probably wouldn''t care.

Still, It''s utter nonsense that needs addressing.

We are supporters. Until we are given good reason not to, we should be supporting. Especially those players that need confidence.

He Scored Against says it all but I would have to disagree with the comment that Hucks is a lazy b....  Yes, we all know that he is not the best tackler or header of the ball in the team but we do have to play to his strengths, which are quite well appreciated. 

Without his flair we have had little to offer up front so far this season and time and time again he has got into the opposition''s box and had no support at all.  Likewise with Doc - we can see he is not a natural striker but to be fair, the games I have seen him play he has won more balls in the air than not but the problem again is that there is nobody within yards to feed off him and unless we develop a more positive attacking policy, I just can''t see where the goals are coming from. 

Much has been said about Holt''s performances and I agree that it is time he was rested.  We cannot fault his work rate but in this league teams must have more creativity and Holt is certainly not the player to provide it. 

Overall, I think we must be honest and admit that for the most part, many of our players lack premiership quality and to obtain the results they have so far is wholly commendable.

Wouldn''t it be lovely, however for the team to do well and make those so-called experts like motormouth Marsh and his heavily biased co-presenters eat their very words!

OTBC

I mean he is lazy when playing left wing, he simply doesn''t track back which a left winger needs to do, especially in the premiership, personally leaving drury with a 2 on 1 against Pires (Or Freddie) and Lauren is not a good thing. Drury is good but a 2 on 1 against Darlington he''d be in serious trouble let alone Premiership.

I don''t deny that without him our attacking would be zero and I like him in the left wing role, he''s better getting the ball and running at defenders rather than having to turn but unless he tracks back when we lose the ball he simply can''t play there. If only we could add Leons enthusiasm to chase the ball to Hucks (he''s always reminded me of a little dog chasing the ball around)

I''m sort of stumped on what to say to add to my comments. For the first time in my life I don''t know exactly what I would do if I were worthy. No matter what team he plays I won''t be angry or upset. Maybe slightly dissapointed if he sticks with the old favourite Holt but not at all upset, he''s been a great player for us. So it looks like I''m gonna have a few headaches when Championship Manager comes out

I am against the Diamond though (away from home is fine but not at home) what''s the point of having doherty if you have no wingers to cross balls and nobody near him to knock it down or lay it off too? Then again we may play it on Saturday and give Portsmouth a good footballing lesson and then I''ll love it or we could get hammered and I can be smug and say "See, I never liked the Diamond!"

Worthy is manager, not us and there''s a reason for it. We''re supporters, instead of playing manager and/or critic why not support (unless playing Championship Manager, then you can manage )

I''d like to make a note about Briggs and Malky being better than Helveg and Jonson. I''d like to agree with the idea that the person saying this is completely mad.