Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Today's friendly - dissapointment.

Ok, it was ''one friendly'', and they ''need time to gel'', and i ''shouldn''t base any evaluations on one game'', but quite frankly - it was awful.

Jamie Cureton is a pathetic excuse for a player. Every time he got the ball he lost it, it was laughable. Why he is still at this club is beyond me - and how anybody can think that he ''may be good now we''ve dropped down a level'' is also, in my opinion, far from the truth. I''ve seen enough of Jamie from the last 2 seasons to know he''s useless - but today truly confirmed that.

Owain Tudor-Jones. Very poor game I thought from him. However, its the first time I''ve seen him play so, unlike Cureton, I''m not going to start shouting for him to be sold - I''m just hoping he improves. From todays performance I saw a clumsy player who just walks around the centre circle and can''t seem to see the ball from how high up he is. I''m just hoping thats because he didn''t get much of the ball - but time will tell.

Paul McVeigh - didn''t do very much bar one useless cross. I''m still rather suprised we actually signed him and can''t believe he is still good enough to do a job for us - but I liked McVeigh in his prime so i''m willing to give him another try as well.

Simon Whaley - the signing I was most excited about. I was expecting to see him keeping out wide and using his pace to burst down the wing. Infact, it seemed to be the complete opposite. Didn''t see him use his pace once and most of the time Otsemobor would be  out wide and Whaley would have randomly positioned himself on the inside. Again, he only got 45 minutes so it would be unfair to judge that signing from today - but I was very underwhelmed.

Grant Holt - didn''t get much of the ball. But just from his posture and movement I''m still doubtful if he will justify his price tag. When he got the ball today, he didn''t seem to put much effort in either. But as he didn''t get much of the ball I''ll be hoping he improves. Besides, if I was left on the bench for Jamie Cureton I wouldn''t put much effort in either.

Even so, there were some positives to take out from the match...

Chris Martin - superb attitude and effort first half. Used his strength well and looked composed when on the ball. One of the few players to stand out today and look like he was putting in any effort.

Tom Adeyemi. Strong and quick central midfielder who looks like he''s got an eye for goal. Excellent strike for his goal, using his strength to muscle through a defender and hammering it into the top corner. He was not far away from a second with a powerful scissor kick either. Him and Martin were the stand-out players today.

Askou - faded away but looked strong and good with his head from the first 30-or-so minutes.

Overall, I was very dissapointed from the performance today and my optimism levels have dropped considerably. I hope I see a mjor improvement against Wigan.

Jamie Cureton, I agree - was terrible.

Owain Tudor-Jones - I disagree, he made a few silly passes but made up for it with some great tackles and possession winners.

Paul McVeigh - I disagree, played well, worked hard and made some nice passes, kept the ball.

Simon Whaley - Didn''t really make an impact..

Grant Holt - Didn''t really get enough time on.

Agree with Cureton.

Disagree with OTJ - we were creating chances while he was on the pitch, and I thought him and Adeyami worked really well together.

Disagree with Mcveigh also - think he looked pretty decent - gonna be a decent squad player.

And how on earth can you assess Grant Holt?!?!?!?!? He was on the pitch for 10mins in a period where Norwich barely attacked. I would hardly criticise his work ethic either.

[quote user="Lineo"]

Jamie Cureton, I agree - was terrible.

Owain Tudor-Jones - I disagree, he made a few silly passes but made up for it with some great tackles and possession winners.

Paul McVeigh - I disagree, played well, worked hard and made some nice passes, kept the ball.

Simon Whaley - Didn''t really make an impact..

Grant Holt - Didn''t really get enough time on.

[/quote](sorry for double post)Bearing in mind we played against one of the best clubs in the world''s youth team, and we are a league 1 side - it was a decent game and result.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]GUNN OUT! [:@]
[/quote]

Typcial. Its a bit old now mate. Are we not allowed to put any negative points on this board without wanting ''Gunn out'', ''Delia sacked'', or ''the entire team shot'' ...?

Where''s Ricardo, his match reports were worth reading?This NCFC_Shaun fella comes across as something of a major twot.

nobody in this forum ever thinks positive, it''s just a place for people to have a little whine and moan, stab some people in the back for no reason.get a f**king grip.. become a true fan and get behind your team rather than just slate it at every f**king opportunity!!!!!!

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]Agree with Cureton. Disagree with OTJ - we were creating chances while he was on the pitch, and I thought him and Adeyami worked really well together. Disagree with Mcveigh also - think he looked pretty decent - gonna be a decent squad player. And how on earth can you assess Grant Holt?!?!?!?!? He was on the pitch for 10mins in a period where Norwich barely attacked. I would hardly criticise his work ethic either.[/quote]

In reply to think blue and lineo -

Fair enough. Eveyone see''s games differently. I just seemed to notice too many times when OTJ appeared to not know where the ball is and stumble over it. Maybe I just missed the good bits, at least some people saw some quality in his performance meaning I can hope to see an improvement [Y]

McViegh - really? I didn''t see him get much of the ball in all honesty. Still, if others saw potential theres something to hopefully look forward to ...

Holt - Yes, that''s why I said it was hard to judge him as he didn''t have much time to get much of the ball. All I meant was his body posture and movement made him look, in my opinion, a bit lazy. With that every week I can''t imagine him getting much goals. Anyway, I''m still hoping he can justify his fee and start banging in the goals for us. Anyway, Chris Killen was judged by everyone on the basis of a couple of substitute appearances for pretty much the same reasons ...

[quote user="Shyster"]Where''s Ricardo, his match reports were worth reading?

This NCFC_Shaun fella comes across as something of a major twot.
[/quote]

Which is more than anybody can say about your posts...

Did you go today? If so, care to elaborate on why I was so wrong like others have rather than just criticise for no reason? I doubt you went anyway. In which case, what makes me such a ''twot'' [^o)]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]GUNN OUT! [:@][/quote]

Typcial. Its a bit old now mate. Are we not allowed to put any negative points on this board without wanting ''Gunn out'', ''Delia sacked'', or ''the entire team shot'' ...?

[/quote]That''s a classic Deliaist/Gunnist/Boardist response. DELIA OUT! GUNN OUT! BOARD OUT! [:@]...Don''t worry. Just joshing. [:P]

first half was gud 2nd half we faded away and man u had a lot of chances..

yeh curo was crap....

tudor-jones was decent in midfield with gud tackles... worked well with adeyemi until 2nd half wen adeyemi was knackered ! lol

lappin wasnt TOO bad either... keeper alnwick gud save (from a shit penalty :P ) looked ok tho...

askou did look gud too but yeh started to  not be as gud 2nd half....

i thort the DOC looked gud today :O)  and nelson looked poor today didnt win much .....

whaley didnt have the best start looked like the new CROFT lol running into defenders etc ...

gill was quiet and looked very lightweight....

yeh martin looked gud and a strong on the ball today...

2nd half looked like last season, running for balls, kicking back to keep, lots of HEADball not FOOTball........

so 50/50 ..but if we play like we did in the first we looked pretty decent ..... OTBC

semmy  forgot he had a man behind him a few times (as usual) but got back well a couple of times....

[quote user="Shyster"]Where''s Ricardo, his match reports were worth reading?This NCFC_Shaun fella comes across as something of a major twot.[/quote]

Did you go today? If so, care to elaborate on why I was so wrong like others have rather than just criticise for no reason? I doubt you went anyway. In which case, what makes me such a ''twot'' [^o)]

[/quote]

No, I didn''t go today, I''m going to the Wigan match hoping they''ll put out a pretty strong side to give our players a proper test.From there I will be able to make a worthwhile assessment.

Ok, it was ''one friendly'', and they ''need time to gel'', and i ''shouldn''t base any evaluations on one game'', but quite frankly - it was awful.

Jamie Cureton is a pathetic excuse for a player. Every time he got the ball he lost it, it was laughable. Why he is still at this club is beyond me - and how anybody can think that he ''may be good now we''ve dropped down a level'' is also, in my opinion, far from the truth. I''ve seen enough of Jamie from the last 2 seasons to know he''s useless - but today truly confirmed that.

Owain Tudor-Jones. Very poor game I thought from him. However, its the first time I''ve seen him play so, unlike Cureton, I''m not going to start shouting for him to be sold - I''m just hoping he improves. From todays performance I saw a clumsy player who just walks around the centre circle and can''t seem to see the ball from how high up he is. I''m just hoping thats because he didn''t get much of the ball - but time will tell.

Paul McVeigh - didn''t do very much bar one useless cross. I''m still rather suprised we actually signed him and can''t believe he is still good enough to do a job for us - but I liked McVeigh in his prime so i''m willing to give him another try as well.

Simon Whaley - the signing I was most excited about. I was expecting to see him keeping out wide and using his pace to burst down the wing. Infact, it seemed to be the complete opposite. Didn''t see him use his pace once and most of the time Otsemobor would be  out wide and Whaley would have randomly positioned himself on the inside. Again, he only got 45 minutes so it would be unfair to judge that signing from today - but I was very underwhelmed.

Grant Holt - didn''t get much of the ball. But just from his posture and movement I''m still doubtful if he will justify his price tag. When he got the ball today, he didn''t seem to put much effort in either. But as he didn''t get much of the ball I''ll be hoping he improves. Besides, if I was left on the bench for Jamie Cureton I wouldn''t put much effort in either.

Chris Martin - superb attitude and effort first half. Used his strength well and looked composed when on the ball. One of the few players to stand out today and look like he was putting in any effort.

Tom Adeyemi. Strong and quick central midfielder who looks like he''s got an eye for goal. Excellent strike for his goal, using his strength to muscle through a defender and hammering it into the top corner. He was not far away from a second with a powerful scissor kick either. Him and Martin were the stand-out players today.

Askou - faded away but looked strong and good with his head from the first 30-or-so minutes.

Overall, I was very dissapointed from the performance today and my optimism levels have dropped considerably. I hope I see a mjor improvement against Wigan.

[/quote]

Sorry mate but how can you say the game was awful,it was nowhere near awful,and i totally disagree about Tudur Jones i thought he looked good!!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Shyster"]Where''s Ricardo, his match reports were worth reading?

This NCFC_Shaun fella comes across as something of a major twot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I didn''t go today, I''m going to the Wigan match hoping they''ll put out a pretty strong side to give our players a proper test.

From there I will be able to make a worthwhile assessment.
[/quote]

Then how on earth can you criticise my assesment? And then you expect me to take your comment seriously. It''s like when people give player ratings on here after ''listening to the game on the radio'' [:|]

I didn''t watch the game, but with the OTJ situation, from what a couple of people have said, is he is the ball winner, not much else, if we get the right two in the middle, we can finally have a midfield that works....

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Sorry mate but how can you say the game was awful,it was nowhere near awful,and i totally disagree about Tudur Jones i thought he looked good!!

[/quote]

I thought the game really was awful. But I expected it to be really. It''s just a chance to try out players and keep changing the team - so I wasn''t expecting a solid, structured performance. That''s why I tended to stick to comments about individual players rather than the team as a whole.

As for Tudor-Jones. Many seem impressed by him today so I''m hoping I only saw the negative bits and missed the positives. I have said I''m not going to get on his back from one game, I was simply putting what I saw from today.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t watch the game, but with the OTJ situation, from what a couple of people have said, is he is the ball winner, not much else, if we get the right two in the middle, we can finally have a midfield that works....[/quote]

They''d probably be right. Which would explain my comment that I saw him ''wandering around the centre circle too often''. He did look a decent build which is something we haven''t had in the centre of the park for a while. So I''m really hoping he can turn good and hopefully form a good partnership with Stephen Hughes - who I think will be a really good signing.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Shyster"]Where''s Ricardo, his match reports were worth reading?This NCFC_Shaun fella comes across as something of a major twot.[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I didn''t go today, I''m going to the Wigan match hoping they''ll put out a pretty strong side to give our players a proper test.From there I will be able to make a worthwhile assessment.[/quote]

Then how on earth can you criticise my assesment? And then you expect me to take your comment seriously. It''s like when people give player ratings on here after ''listening to the game on the radio'' [:|]

[/quote]

You assessed a player and criticised him after he was only on the pitch ten minutes, that''s how.Now stop wasting my time.

Best thing I''ve ever seen written on here!!!!!

McVeigh was awful, too.

OTJ and Adeyemi were good IMO, funny how we see the game different.

Askou was good, Doc was back to his 07/08 unreliable self.

Good signs from Alnwick, and Holt looked fat and unfit.

Agree with the Cureton comment, we cannot afford to carry this guy for another season. Simply not good enough. As to the result, not too fussed tbo, it was a run out and no more really in front of a Carrow Rd with a very muted atmosphere

Jesus Shaun, what game where you watching????[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

ACE - [quote]Jesus Shaun, what game where you watching????[/quote]

I know, he''s a twot isn''t he!

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]Agree with Cureton. Disagree with OTJ - we were creating chances while he was on the pitch, and I thought him and Adeyami worked really well together. Disagree with Mcveigh also - think he looked pretty decent - gonna be a decent squad player. And how on earth can you assess Grant Holt?!?!?!?!? He was on the pitch for 10mins in a period where Norwich barely attacked. I would hardly criticise his work ethic either.[/quote]

Fair enough. Eveyone see''s games differently. I just seemed to notice too many times when OTJ appeared to not know where the ball is and stumble over it. Maybe I just missed the good bits, at least some people saw some quality in his performance meaning I can hope to see an improvement [Y]

McViegh - really? I didn''t see him get much of the ball in all honesty. Still, if others saw potential theres something to hopefully look forward to ...

Holt - Yes, that''s why I said it was hard to judge him as he didn''t have much time to get much of the ball. All I meant was his body posture and movement made him look, in my opinion, a bit lazy. With that every week I can''t imagine him getting much goals. Anyway, I''m still hoping he can justify his fee and start banging in the goals for us. Anyway, Chris Killen was judged by everyone on the basis of a couple of substitute appearances for pretty much the same reasons ...

[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe, you are looking for faults after the past 5 seasons of c**p, rather than looking for positives?

[quote user="Captain Dejan"]Jamie Cureton is a pathetic excuse for a player. Every time he got the ball he lost it, it was laughable. Why he is still at this club is beyond me - and how anybody can think that he ''may be good now we''ve dropped down a level'' is also, in my opinion, far from the truth. I''ve seen enough of Jamie from the last 2 seasons to know he''s useless - but today truly confirmed that. Best thing I''ve ever seen written on here!!!!! McVeigh was awful, too. OTJ and Adeyemi were good IMO, funny how we see the game different. Askou was good, Doc was back to his 07/08 unreliable self. Good signs from Alnwick, and Holt looked fat and unfit.[/quote]

Thankyou. It''s good to gain a compliment amongst many criticisms.

And I agree with the Holt comment. Which is why I was able to judge his movement and posture in the 10 or so minutes he got. I couldn''t comment much on his technical ability in that time, but just from the look of him today it didn''t appear likely that he could be a top goalscorer for us. I hope he proves me wrong though.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe, you are looking for faults after the past 5 seasons of c**p, rather than looking for positives?

[/quote]

Maybe, but I doubt it. I was extremely optimistic about the season ahead. I was really looking forward to see the majority of the new signings in action today. I would not have been looking for negatives. I still stand by everything I said apart from my comments regarding OTJ, maybe I was a tad harsh on him and didn''t notice the work he did put in and the positives that came from it.

It was a bloody friendly for gawds sake.....Just as you can''t take anything from City beating Jock part timers.... nor can you whinge when they don''t perfrom.

Only when three points are at stake are we going to be able to judge anything. I''m not impressed with Gunn and his string of donkeys... but for now it all means absolutely nothing.