Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Whats happening with Maric?

I thought bright was really good, had a good header 2 mins from time that could have easily been a goal and he got a few good flick ons! Sign him up!

[quote user="Downloads"]

lol

For real.

What if we want to offer him more money and he''s not answering the telephone!

[/quote]

He is apparently in Yekaterinburg until Sunday.  Unless you have managed to find another way you''ll have to wait.

And if Maric has said yes you will still have to do the international clearance which is a weekend shutdown.

International Blazers don''t usually work weekends.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Downloads"]

lol

For real.

[/quote]

He is apparently in Yekaterinburg until Sunday.  Unless you have managed to find another way you''ll have to wait.

And if Maric has said yes you will still have to do the international clearance which is a weekend shutdown.

[/quote]Just speculation but, is it possible that Maric has said yes to Mr Gunny but hasn''t been able to get hold of his agent to brief him?

Or maybe we are waiting for Russell to move on to pastures new to free up the wages and cash for signing on fee

I don''t think i could forgive them if the signing on fee was a deal breaker.

-----

Thanks for the extra news anyway Cam.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Downloads"]

lol

For real.

[/quote]

[/quote]Not sure if this has already been posted (sorry if it has) but an excerpt from www.canaries.co.uk:With questions put to Gunn for an update on Goran Maric, he said: "I

have received the answer but I''m not in the position to tell you what

it is. We''ll keep that under wraps for a couple of days.
What could be the possible reasons for keeping it under wraps? Would we have had another striker trialist today if Maric had said yes?

[quote user="Downloads"]

I don''t think i could forgive them if the signing on fee was a deal breaker.

-----

Thanks for the extra news anyway Cam.

[/quote]Unless they are asking for silly money, I would be surprised if that was the case. Despite all the unfounded rumours of not being able to bid £100k for players, we seem to have made money available when it was needed.In fact I''m delighted to say we have demonstrated some nous in our transfer dealings so far- not being held to ransom, not being prepared to overpay and walking away from inadequate offers for our players. If the previous CEO had demonstrated similar skills, we might not have ended up where we are now! The Scots are welcome to him.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]So you have tried then Cam?[/quote]

Yes we have.  Voice message stuff.  Left message - no response to date.

[quote user="Mushroom"]I bet you were excited about Strihavka as well.[/quote]

i was and thought he was a good purchase, but there was a silly load of add-ons to his contract to extend it!

Interesting discussion, but not much further forward. My instinct is that Maric or his agent has come back with ''no to that offer, but if you raise it the answer could be yes'' (or words to that effect). Given his success on getting players in, I''m willing to trust Gunny on this one. It may even be that Bright is a means of moving Maric on.

With Holt on board, this is less of an issue and I suspect that Gunn has further irons in the fire if the Maric answer is ''no''.

[quote user="Lineo"]"With questions put to Gunn for an update on Goran Maric, he said: "I

have received the answer but I''m not in the position to tell you what

it is. We''ll keep that under wraps for a couple of days."If he wasn''t signing, surely he''d just say??[/quote]Maybe he aint told his misses yet