Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Whats happening with Maric?

"With questions put to Gunn for an update on Goran Maric, he said: "I

have received the answer but I''m not in the position to tell you what

it is. We''ll keep that under wraps for a couple of days."If he wasn''t signing, surely he''d just say??

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

hmm that doesn''t sound too promising. [:(]

[/quote]

Why?

why would he delay a "no" answer?

Sounds like they dont want to announce anything until the paperwork and final medical are completed?

well for starters why keep Bright on for a trial if it was yes and secondly he might not be able to say as it is up to the club he is signing for to announce....

Really hope I''m wrong though!

From Gunn''s comments, I would think that Maric has rejected the contract - but Gunn and co are considering ''upping'' the offer, hence why they wish to not release the information until a decision is made on that behalf.

well for starters why keep Bright on for a trial if it was yes and secondly he might not be able to say as it is up to the club he is signing for to announce....

[/quote]I wouldn''t have thought that would be the case - Him not coming here wouldn''t narrow down the options that much that it would let the cat out of the bag for another club (surely!).But I frankly struggle to see a reason to delay the announcement for either answer.

[/quote]

He doesn''t have to announce the club he is signing for? He could just say he is going in a different direction.

It is possible we could sign Bright as well if the price is right?

Then we could maybe loan out Cureton to get his wages off the books.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

From Gunn''s comments, I would think that Maric has rejected the contract - but Gunn and co are considering ''upping'' the offer, hence why they wish to not release the information until a decision is made on that behalf.

[/quote]

Thats possible. Obviously its not a 100% "no" something is in the works.

[/quote]

I think you''re being unduly pessimistic Sal, although I have no more idea than you of what''s actually happening. However, Bright would have been given the ok yesterday at the latest, which would mean that if Maric''s answer came last night or today the obvious thing would be to go ahead. After all, he could have been the catch of the season (although clearly not!). As for the second point, I see no reason to say "he''s decided to go elsewhere"as that clarifies our end without impinging on the sucessful club.

I was standing next to Mr Gunn, when he made statament about Maric - it did not seem anything un - neg. It was just the fact, he really could not say any more about it! I think it could be good sign. I was there for Future Radio. :0)

I really hope so. I think he could give us the extra we need to push ourselves from top 6 potentials to automatic promotion hopefuls.

I don''t see how gunns statement can be bad news, it can''t be dead in the water IMO.

I think he could be a key signing too.

Very frustrating, was hoping i would be put out of my misery regards this today, now going to have to wait a few days more.

Too be fair I think recent weeks prove that Gunn is high on options ie is hapy to look at anythign credibel so I think he would have taken a look at this Kiwi striker regardless of maric decision....

I agree with previosu posts. Theres no reason to delay a ''no'' so assume it will still happen...

Too be fair I think recent weeks prove that Gunn is high on options ie is hapy to look at anythign credibel so I think he would have taken a look at this Kiwi striker regardless of maric decision....

I agree with previosu posts. Theres no reason to delay a ''no'' so assume it will still happen...

[quote user="CDMullins"]I was. He never got a fair crack of the whip, and left ust to score goals in the uefa cup[/quote]After reading this I looked up David''s record out of interest. Found this on wiki:''Norwich terminated his contract on 11 January 2008 because he was pony.''LOL

Normally i wouldn''t be so ''anxious'' (not really that anxious but you know what i mean), its just i have a really good feeling that this player could be the difference for us.

Hence i will assume the worst until we hear the news...

It could also be that Norwich City have discovered that Mr Maric''s main agent ("represented" over here) is somewhere in the Urals (aren''t we all?) and is not answering his bleedin'' mobile.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]It could also be that Norwich City have discovered that Mr Maric''s main agent ("represented" over here) is somewhere in the Urals (aren''t we all?) and is not answering his bleedin'' mobile.[/quote]

That being the case "Cam" If I was Maric, I would change agents!!!!