Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Still need a new right back

By the sounds of some of your match reports we still need a new right back.  A lot of you said that Otsemobor did okay but was really his usuall self.  So after some of your reports I think the next signing should definately be a right back, that would then give us two out and out right backs plus Spillane who can fill in there.
Also maybe a new left back so we have more depth there. 

We have Wiggins, Drury and the young Habergham on the left, i think that is good enough cover.

The right i agree with, altho i think we had it covered and won''t stress about it if we don''t get someone. I will stress if we don''t get another striker though (Hoping for Maric)

his pace got us out of jail a couple of times in the 2nd half when he got back to  get in front of a man u player clean through on goal [:D]

Semmy definately needs replacing but I''m not sure that Spillane is the

answer.In fact I''m starting to wonder if spillane has a place next year

which for me shows the standered of Gunny''s signings so far.

I think people are being unfair on semmy, I think his defending has actually improved. Today he actually saved us a few times, once the trailist made a mistake and the striker was through but semmy covered and saved us a goal why does he get the crictism, when doherty was the donkey today. I agree he was awful last season but today he doesn''t deserve the stick, he wasn''t even the worst defender today.

[quote user="NCFC Edward"]i didnt think he was that bad today[/quote]

No I dont think he was that bad but what I did not like was Butterworth kept telling him things to do i.e get forward and he just shook his head. I would not do that even at the level I play at. I think he would be a better player if we had another RB to keep him on his toes 

What is it about Semmy ?, he seems to attract a fair bit of critisism, is described as not too bad ( but often not too good either ), yet is invariably in the team. Is there something about him that I am just not seeing, I am sure we have never had a right back that makes as few tackles as he does ! [8-)]