Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

Purists/resignation

Having finally managed to get on to the board last night with the intention of catching up on the latest players signing,I was met with a thread/debate (if that''s the description) between two of my so called fellow members. Sir A W and Smudge.

The level descended well below the level of what I pecieve as acceptable on a message board read by a range of age groupes.(perhaps I am old fashioned)

If it is possible to "resign" from a "club" one didn''t join then that is my wish. The Butler does NOT want to be associated with people who drag themselves to the level of the gutter.

I applaud Clucks "return the club to the fans" stance, but I think he needs to look closely at whom he associates membership with.

I am also surprised at the level of jubilation on our gaining 9 new signings at a total of £1 to 1.5 Mil and although I to am pleased with OUR players,not loans, it does demonstrate how low the club has become when we have debated before the signatures of single 3 million plus rated players.

I suppose success at third division level is better than the failures we have had to endure,but I am not convinced.

Our level of expectation has gradualy been brought lower and lower each year for the last 10 years or so until embracing failure seems acceptable.

I , with no doubt many many others, are hoping that the changes made will see the reverse of our decline. To that end I will, for one more season at least, give the team my support, with the hope that success might just attract a BUYER and the removal of the Devious Duo.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Having finally managed to get on to the board last night with the intention of catching up on the latest players signing,I was met with a thread/debate (if that''s the description) between two of my so called fellow members. Sir A W and Smudge.

The level descended well below the level of what I pecieve as acceptable on a message board read by a range of age groupes.(perhaps I am old fashioned)

If it is possible to "resign" from a "club" one didn''t join then that is my wish. The Butler does NOT want to be associated with people who drag themselves to the level of the gutter.

I applaud Clucks "return the club to the fans" stance, but I think he needs to look closely at whom he associates membership with.

I am also surprised at the level of jubilation on our gaining 9 new signings at a total of £1 to 1.5 Mil and although I to am pleased with OUR players,not loans, it does demonstrate how low the club has become when we have debated before the signatures of single 3 million plus rated players.

I suppose success at third division level is better than the failures we have had to endure,but I am not convinced.

Our level of expectation has gradualy been brought lower and lower each year for the last 10 years or so until embracing failure seems acceptable.

I , with no doubt many many others, are hoping that the changes made will see the reverse of our decline. To that end I will, for one more season at least, give the team my support, with the hope that success might just attract a BUYER and the removal of the Devious Duo.

[/quote]

it seems clucksy band of merry men have decended into civil war!!! some wise words from the cluck to steady the ship?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

it seems clucksy band of merry men have decended into civil war!!! some wise words from the cluck to steady the ship?
[/quote]

Well said Butler. I don''t agree with you on every point, but you are spot on here.

As for whatsisface, keep trying to reply to every point r.e. Cluck. It''s amusing to watch your toadying in the desperate hope that Cluck will add your name to the illustrious ranks of those mentioned above. "I need the notoriety. Then people will think I''m clever. I''ll join any club, as long as someone mentions my name. Please respond to me... Is there anybody there??? ANYBODY????"

[quote user="Canary02 III"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

it seems clucksy band of merry men have decended into civil war!!! some wise words from the cluck to steady the ship?[/quote]

Well said Butler. I don''t agree with you on every point, but you are spot on here.

As for whatsisface, keep trying to reply to every point r.e. Cluck. It''s amusing to watch your toadying in the desperate hope that Cluck will add your name to the illustrious ranks of those mentioned above. "I need the notoriety. Then people will think I''m clever. I''ll join any club, as long as someone mentions my name. Please respond to me... Is there anybody there??? ANYBODY????"

[/quote]pot calling kettle??????p.s is still hate dogs!!!!

Butler, spot on as far as I am concerned. Sadly I don''t have the time at the moment to log on here too much but always look out for your well reasoned posts.

However hard I try I can''t get excited about much at the club now. I realise my expectations for NCFC are probably not in line with those of most fans, but wanting to be like everyone else was never an issue for me. Success (however you would describe that) at this level is NOT good enough for me and never will be. Like you, I will, as ever, give the team my support, but the support stops there.

Hope to catch up with you at some point during the season!

I dont think anyone accepts our current plight, were merely tolerating it at the moment. Everyone is well aware that just a few years ago we were in playoff finals, top of the league and beating Man Utd at home.Now its Exeter and Yeovil away, which sounds appalling compared to the above. Our expectation level has been gradually rescinded, but I for one am under no illusion and if were not battling for promotion back to the Premiership next season im sure the fans will say enough is enough.This season is crucial, also January will be a real marker of the boards intent on where they see this football club playing football next season. No matter where we are investment will be needed for the 2nd half of the season. If we get none then we know the boards intent.I do feel tho that David McNally is having more influence than were used to, and under his CEO''ship we will improve.

[/quote]

The team will have my support until my dying day. Regardless.

What will you do if you feel constained to withdraw your support for the team next year as mooted above? Find another port of call?

OTBC

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Butler, spot on as far as I am concerned. Sadly I don''t have the time at the moment to log on here too much but always look out for your well reasoned posts. However hard I try I can''t get excited about much at the club now. I realise my expectations for NCFC are probably not in line with those of most fans, but wanting to be like everyone else was never an issue for me. Success (however you would describe that) at this level is NOT good enough for me and never will be. Like you, I will, as ever, give the team my support, but the support stops there. Hope to catch up with you at some point during the season![/quote]

I agree with Gazza.

It''s hard to be too enthusiastic about what''s going on at Carrow Road right now as I''m old enough to remember how things used to be at NCFC. I really can''t get excited at the thought that we might escape League One this season ( presumably at the right end of the table ).

Normally I would be anticipating the new season by now. But not this time. The regime that brought us to this pitiful state has a lot more work to do to make up for the appalling mistakes it made in recent years. I''m not forgiving them for that until they can show me that they''ve learned from those mistakes

Well I''m with Butler and Gazza on this.

Our expectations have been dragged down, but we are where we are, as they say.

I couldn''t believe Gunn was appointed Manager but the pre season signings etc are much better than I anticipated.

I too will probably see how this season pans out. I hope that Bowkett and the CEO will not allow the club to be run as before under the MWJ''s. Already there seems to be an air of professionalism about the club which most certainly hasn''t been there for some years.

We have all been through this pre season stuff before with hopes raised. The next couple of friendlies will give little indication of what''s in store. 10 games into the season then the opinions will have some validity.

As usual an excellent post Butler. While I am impressed by the level of activity in the transfer market and by some of the new arrivals, I still find it hard to come to terms with League One football.

Unfortunately we continue to treat the symptoms but not the cause. More radical surgery is needed.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

What will you do if you feel constained to withdraw your support for the team next year as mooted above? Find another port of call?

OTBC

[/quote]

50 odd years and I haven''t yet Bly.

The emphasis was more that I was supporting the TEAM not what is behind it.

But of course you will try and stir what is not there won''t you?

Have a nice day.

I agree with nearly everything you say Butler. Perhaps only a couple of real points of not that really dont detract from the key points you make.I wouldnt say we are used to discussing signing £3million players - that happened once, and in all fairness is a rarity for Norwich City FC, perhaps one of the reasons people felt we were unable to compete in the prem was the lack of signing the player earlier or signing more quality at that price (although could we afford it?).In regards to lowering our expectations - I think they have been raised AND lowered. I remember going to games 1998-2001, the best we hoped for was a surge at some point in the season that pushed us close to the promotion spots so that we could forget the debt and the recent past and the fact that our team only had a few real quality players.I think most people accept that the 2002 play-off final was actually an over-achievement for that team when you consider the players we had in it. If we struggled in the prem with the players we had when we eventually got there how would we have struggled then without Huckerby etc. Promotion to the prem raised expectations - and in my opinion - to an unrealistic level. People were talking of guaranteed Premiership survival etc and when they remember that season blame it on the last day at Fulham, Fulham was just one game had we had won one more point Fulham would not have mattered.The long and short of it is this - my expectations are that Norwich should be in the top 30 of English clubs pushing for the top 20 (Premiership). We are now outside the top 40 English clubs and will be for at least a season. That is simply not good enough for a club of this stature (another matter for debate but we are niether the small club that some people like to claim we have been labelled nor are we a big club like Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc).In this pre-season it is not the number of players that we have signed that is at the very least promising, it is the type of players and the way in which they have been targeted and brought in. Quite a few young players with that desire, that passion to do well and a few players that should be in their prime looking at the ''peak'' years of their careers.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

As usual an excellent post Butler. While I am impressed by the level of activity in the transfer market and by some of the new arrivals, I still find it hard to come to terms with League One football.

Unfortunately we continue to treat the symptoms but not the cause. More radical surgery is needed.

[/quote]

agreed great post Butler, and Beauseant your final line is spot on

[/quote]

Re the PURISTS... I have to say that I was pretty surprised with what went on last night... and couldn''t log on to chuck a bucket of water over the pair of them. I reckoned the characters I put on the "list" were up for a bit of a laugh.... and normally I''m sure they are.

On this basis the PURISTS are abolished in their current format  forthwith and a new group will be created in due course to "bring on back the good times".....

Pete the Moderator is still willing to perform his table top conjuring show however... and due to the circumstances will now no longer have to wear a blindfold. Whoooooosh.... where did that rabbit come from mmm? Amazing stuff.

Tickets available from the secret venue or can be bought online at the secret website address.....

[/quote]

I have the stance we are moving in the right direction, but im concerned people are using this a tool to support the board! All i can see happening is the influx of squad players, which in fairness should have been there in the first place......i hope we have some gems,but we have seen this before, and roeder brought good players,but my god some cr@p to! Any way on wards and upwads,i hope!!

[/quote]

Cant you see it was just a bit of banter between me and smudgey with neither party offended so why should you? Ive no problem with smudge, its just banter, evryone else does it, but when its someone like me or smudger you are up in arms about it...pathetic.

Ive been called everything from Adolf Hittler to The BNP leader of Norwich, but do I complain? I simply have a bit of banter back..eg - renaming myself Adolf Whittler....Asd for the idiot who complained to the eb team.....some people just dont get it.......you people!!!!!!!!! Jesus!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Cant you see it was just a bit of banter between me and smudgey with neither party offended so why should you? Ive no problem with smudge, its just banter, evryone else does it, but when its someone like me or smudger you are up in arms about it...pathetic.

Ive been called everything from Adolf Hittler to The BNP leader of Norwich, but do I complain? I simply have a bit of banter back..eg - renaming myself Adolf Whittler....Asd for the idiot who complained to the eb team.....some people just dont get it.......you people!!!!!!!!! Jesus!!!

[/quote]

Brillant quote!

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Re the PURISTS... I have to say that I was pretty surprised with what went on last night... and couldn''t log on to chuck a bucket of water over the pair of them. I reckoned the characters I put on the "list" were up for a bit of a laugh.... and normally I''m sure they are.

On this basis the PURISTS are abolished in their current format  forthwith and a new group will be created in due course to "bring on back the good times".....

Pete the Moderator is still willing to perform his table top conjuring show however... and due to the circumstances will now no longer have to wear a blindfold. Whoooooosh.... where did that rabbit come from mmm? Amazing stuff.

Tickets available from the secret venue or can be bought online at the secret website address.....

[/quote]

[img]http://www.movietrimmer.com/content/default/english/images/movies/261594_3.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true Arthur.. I would by you a pint if I bumped in to you in the City tomorrow.

We are never going to agree on all things NCFC are we, or anything else in llife come to that matter.

My opinion is that we will find ourselves at least 3 quality players short this season and no lessons have been learnt.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true Arthur.. I would by you a pint if I bumped in to you in the City tomorrow.

We are never going to agree on all things NCFC are we, or anything else in llife come to that matter.

My opinion is that we will find ourselves at least 3 quality players short this season and no lessons have been learnt.

[/quote]

[img]http://www.bt.no/multimedia/archive/00236/brokeback_mountain__236425c.jpg[/img]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

50 odd years and I haven''t yet Bly.

The emphasis was more that I was supporting the TEAM not what is behind it.

But of course you will try and stir what is not there won''t you?

Have a nice day.

[/quote]

You too.

What''s there is in black and white.

Just keeping you honest and making sure that your backbone isn''t cracking - any further.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes it''s just best to put your toys back in the box before the other kids can break them Arthur......

I could see it coming by the tone of the replies as it progressed... and it seems like 99 per cent of the forum just isn''t enough for some ... BUT it gave a few people a laugh and that was the original intention. However ...when one of the imaginary "group" feels he wants to "virtually resign" then it really is time to chuck in the towel.

Still ... there remains plenty of fish left to fry in this bizarre message board world....and an all new PURISTS GROUP is at this very minute being assembled .....

There will always be a place for an Arthur and Smudger in my dream team ... and a Bly...and a Mello...and a Shyster...and a Ricky ... and a Robert Chase etc etc...  I''m also kinda likin'' a few other potential candidates too ... so we will all be back together again soon...bigger and better than before.   [Y]

Still no Yanks though .......

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes it''s just best to put your toys back in the box before the other kids can break them Arthur......

I could see it coming by the tone of the replies as it progressed... and it seems like 99 per cent of the forum just isn''t enough for some ... BUT it gave a few people a laugh and that was the original intention. However ...when one of the imaginary "group" feels he wants to "virtually resign" then it really is time to chuck in the towel.

Still ... there remains plenty of fish left to fry in this bizarre message board world....and an all new PURISTS GROUP is at this very minute being assembled .....

There will always be a place for an Arthur and Smudger in my dream team ... and a Bly...and a Mello...and a Shyster...and a Ricky ... and a Robert Chase etc etc...  I''m also kinda likin'' a few other potential candidates too ... so we will all be back together again soon...bigger and better than before.   [Y]

[/quote]

I thoroughly enjoyed the laugh Cluck.

As I said what I could not stand was being cyber linked with the gutter remarks of another two cyber members.

"resigning " was the only way I thought I could make enough of a "protest" against their behaviour.

Banter is fine and I enjoy a good argument as much as most but they went a little beyond the pail.

I am sure with your ingenuity you will come up with something fresh.

As a small complaint I went to the web site to get my subscribtion back, there was a message saying if I left my money in you might use it to attract new members.

Could you advise as to the best course of action please.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I said what I could not stand was being cyber linked with the gutter remarks of another two cyber members.

"resigning " was the only way I thought I could make enough of a "protest" against their behaviour.

Banter is fine and I enjoy a good argument as much as most but they went a little beyond the pail.

As a small complaint I went to the web site to get my subscribtion back, there was a message saying if I left my money in you might use it to attract new members.

[/quote]

The PURIST strategy was to only offer a rebate if we were relegated. As it is our group remains in first place in league of Star Pink Un forum posters and a rebate can only therefore be offered under exceptional circumstances.... These are a meteorite strike... a pyroclastic flow scenario and a biblical flood.

Should you be decent enough to leave your membership fee in the kitty we promise with all our hearts to put it towards signing up new members. I believe this has been done elsewhere with great success.

Brothers Smudger and Arthur have since publicly resolved their "virtual disagreement" and achieved a "virtual reconciliation".  The matter is now dropped and the Brotherhood reunited as one.

Missing you already........  [;)]

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The PURIST strategy was to only offer a rebate if we were relegated. As it is our group remains in first place in league of Star Pink Un forum posters and a rebate can only therefore be offered under exceptional circumstances.... These are a meteorite strike... a pyroclastic flow scenario and a biblical flood.

Should you be decent enough to leave your membership fee in the kitty we promise with all our hearts to put it towards signing up new members. I believe this has been done elsewhere with great success.

Brothers Smudger and Arthur have since publicly resolved their "virtual disagreement" and achieved a "virtual reconciliation".  The matter is now dropped and the Brotherhood reunited as one.

Missing you already........  [;)]

[/quote]

As much as I''d like to throttle you on occasion Cluck you do provide entertainment. Long live your new group I say. Although to be fair, given the ages of most members, lets not tempt fate...

Until we meet again on the field of battle Mon Amis...

[quote user="The Butler"]Banter is fine and I enjoy a good argument as much as most but they went a little beyond the pail.[/quote]Understatement of the year Butler. Sir Arthur had reputedly already kicked the bucket once! [:S]

What a shame[:''(]

Do you think it was that group sperm donation that caused you all to end up fighting amongst yourselves[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What a shame[:''(]

Do you think it was that group sperm donation that caused you all to end up fighting amongst yourselves[:^)]

[/quote]

[|-)]

OTBC