Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Askou to sign?

Sounds as though he had a solid enough game.  Gunn wouldn''t have used him unless he was seriously considering him.  I''d wager he''ll have a contract offer.

Seemed to be out of position a few times, lead to their goal I think... but he can work on that - I''m for him signing.

From what I have heard, he seems a very good freebie and I would sign him up.

Same goes for Manic (I think that is his name, I am tired) But I fear he will have done well here and other clubs have looked at him and turned his head.

looked very calm and composed on the ball today, made one mistake which almost led to a goal, not sure about the goal we did concede though. I think he looks better than Nelson to be honest. Sign him up!

i think this guy could mean that captain doc has a struggle to get into the side.. if he signs that is. will be interesting to see what happens.

I would like to see him signed. I haven''t seen him, but he seems to have Calum Davenport''s calm competence and ability to win nearly everything in the air to me. I don''t think that 4 CBs competing to be in the side would be a bad thing at all!

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I would like to see him signed. I haven''t seen him, but he seems to have Calum Davenport''s calm competence and ability to win nearly everything in the air to me. I don''t think that 4 CBs competing to be in the side would be a bad thing at all![/quote]we could do with calm, not something we saw often last year. Sign him up

if he signs then surely dejan is off? a L1 side surely cannot afford 4 senior centre backs especially when they have spillane dumic stephens and OTJ who can play there also?

If you include Spillane in the 4 then we wouldn''t need another, if you don''t then we need another. I think you have to have 4, especially given injury problems we have had in that area in recent times. If one gets a longish term injury, then we need 2 on the pitch and one on the bench.

So really it''s going to depend on where you sit with playing the younger Spillane, Stephens and Dumic.

I personally like Askou, but then i don''t want the development of our youth to suffer either. Man U are prepared to stick a promising youngster in at the deep end, we being where we are should be even more prepared to do so.

Maybe keep the Doc and Dejan for 1 or 2 more seasons before breaking the younger ones in? I don''t really know what the right answer is, its all subjective.

Saw the game yesterday - he is an excellent centre back - wins everything in the air has real composure and is built like a brick 5hit house - just what we need in league 1 - come on Gunn get him in!