Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

Thomas Helveg..............?

Hi guys...

Good news to hear McKenzie more than likely will play up front on saturday, with Worthy promising changes...But what about our dane?

When I heard he signed for Norwich I couldn''t believe it....And now, 7 games into the Prem, he''s actually on the bench....Worthy has all along said he needed time to transform from italian football, but it''s strange he haven''t seen more action..Though his game at Old Trafford wasn''t much.I admit, Edworthy is playing very well on right back, and it isn''t fair knocking him out of the team....But how ''bout making Thomas an anchor in midfield or something....Maybe he can make this midfield work? He has played in that position before, and is not an in an out right back....

Keeping in mind, Thomas is captain for one of the best national teams in europe, I think Martin Olsen, Denmark coach, is not happy seeing his captain on the bench...! hehe

What are your thoughts on this guys? 

I htink knocking steady out of the team may be a little unfair, but the Danish captain may well fit nicely into the midfield holding role. Especially if Holt/Safri weren''t having the best of times. The season is long, I''m sure we''ll see our fair share of Helveg before it''s all over (and we''re safe)

Against Bristol Rovers he performed better when he moved to the central defensive midfield position from right-back. Doesn''t he play in the centre of defence for Denmark too?

We''ll see more of the Great Dane as the season progresses - he is the best passer of the ball at the club, the captain of his country and our biggest signing for years (if you hadn''t already guessed from my avatar).

PS And a bloody nice bloke off the field too.

[quote]Against Bristol Rovers he performed better when he moved to the central defensive midfield position from right-back. Doesn''t he play in the centre of defence for Denmark too? We''ll see more of the Gr...[/quote]

Has Mr Helveg got a stalker? After all you do have a Danish shirt from you''re last stalking days.

But at least you''re not a 200lb chinaman     :- D