Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Tom Adeyemi

He looks a great prospect, quick and strong and prepared to get stuck in all over the pitch.  Great eye for goal, too, and he put Cureton in with a lovely through ball (needless to say we know what happened next).  Looks a bit rough and would have picked up a red card yesterday for two bookings if "normal" conditions had applied, but I was really pleased to see a new young player coming through who looks like he can mix it at a higher level.  I guess now it''s a matter of how long we can keep him for if he gets regular games.

[quote user="King Chops"]He looks a great prospect, quick and strong and prepared to get stuck in all over the pitch.  Great eye for goal, too, and he put Cureton in with a lovely through ball (needless to say we know what happened next).  Looks a bit rough and would have picked up a red card yesterday for two bookings if "normal" conditions had applied, but I was really pleased to see a new young player coming through who looks like he can mix it at a higher level.  I guess now it''s a matter of how long we can keep him for if he gets regular games.[/quote]IMO we''ll see him a few times this season, perhaps more.  If he shines,  you won''t see him for dust if a team like Tottenham comes along and offers decent money for a hot prospect. 

He looked far better than Tudor Jones and Gill so for me its Adeyemi and 1 other for the midfield, without doubt. I thought he was absolutely superb, reminded me of damien francis.

Considering he''s played so well its sort of torn me a bit, it looked a straight case of Hughes partnered with OTJ or Gill, now there''s a forth in the mix.

The kid is what 17? Maybe with his body still developing and it being a high pressured season with most fans predicting us to go straight back up, maybe he could be the one to come off the bench if a sub is made? And if he continues to impress maybe use him more and more. It''s close though.

I''m a believer in if you''re good enough you''re young enough, but have a sort of a Wenger mentality. Giving youngsters a chance but not heaping everything on them.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Considering he''s played so well its sort of torn me a bit, it looked a straight case of Hughes partnered with OTJ or Gill, now there''s a forth in the mix.

The kid is what 17? Maybe with his body still developing and it being a high pressured season with most fans predicting us to go straight back up, maybe he could be the one to come off the bench if a sub is made? And if he continues to impress maybe use him more and more. It''s close though.

I''m a believer in if you''re good enough you''re young enough, but have a sort of a Wenger mentality. Giving youngsters a chance but not heaping everything on them.

[/quote]The lad has his A2''s to do next year as well! No shortage of pressure then!

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

The lad has his A2''s to do next year as well! No shortage of pressure then!
[/quote]

A friend of mine, who goes to school with him, told me the other day that he has already sat some of his A2''s a year early, easing that specific burden a wee bit. He is just one of those sickening people who are good at everything. Whilst i agree dont place too much pressure on the lad, I believe he''ll be able to cope with what is thrown at him this season, on all fronts.

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]In an article in the EDP Gunn was quoted as saying Adeyemi has bulked up with loads of muscle this summer.  Therefore it''s given him added strength probably the reason he''s has strarted to blossom all of a sudden.

He is still a kid and with other senior players around it would be madness to throw him straight in I reckon.  Tudor Jones looked neat and mobile for 6''4" and with Hughes coming in, I think shouts for Adeyemi to be thrown straight in are wide of the mark personally.

[quote user="ACE"]He is still a kid and with other senior players around it would be madness to throw him straight in I reckon.  Tudor Jones looked neat and mobile for 6''4" and with Hughes coming in, I think shouts for Adeyemi to be thrown straight in are wide of the mark personally.[/quote]Why not if Gunn thinks he''s good enough? I''m not saying he should, but if you restrict players on age, Rooney would have still been reading comics on the school bus for another two years.

We have senior midfielders now and in the pressure cooker of next season I think its better to bring an obvious talent through over the course of the season than just throw him in.  Nothing to do with age, but with age comes experience and the ability to deal with tough situations.

I think Gunn will bring him on as sub when possible like he did with cody last year. Playing box to box is a big ask for any player and therefore a natural for the ''fresh pair of legs'' treatment which Adeyemi would be perfect for.

Thing is though on yesterday''s evidence he looked a better player than either OTJ or Gill. I know its only 1 game and obviously I recognise there is a risk in throwing kids in too early but at the end of the day we should put our best team out and if he''s the best central midfielder then he should play, regardless of age.

Gunns team selections so far this pre-season suggest to me he is tempted to start him. Guess we will see soon enough if he is brave enough to do so.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Thing is though on yesterday''s evidence he looked a better player than either OTJ or Gill. I know its only 1 game and obviously I recognise there is a risk in throwing kids in too early but at the end of the day we should put our best team out and if he''s the best central midfielder then he should play, regardless of age. Gunns team selections so far this pre-season suggest to me he is tempted to start him. Guess we will see soon enough if he is brave enough to do so.[/quote]

Agreed, I would start him, he looked the fittest player on the pitch and by god if he hasnt finished bulking out yet - he''s huge already! Wished his scissor-kick type shot had gone in yesterday, real box to box player imo.

Seems to me he could be the one to finally replace Damien Francis, with a bit of luck... At least the quality being what it is in L1 it''s a better place to start than if we were still in the Champ, and he seems strong enough for the physical side of the L1 game.

I Think This Lad Has A Great Future Ahead Of Him! Lets Hope He Sticks With Norwich For A While, He''s Certainly Got The Right Attitude. [:)]