Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

Cureton Going?

I don''t think Jamie is going anywhere, not at the moment anyway. I saw him in Sainsburys costessey yesterday evening and had a full trolley of food (including a big jaffa cake). Nice car by the way Jamie. Bentley with huge wheels!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

You are the master of cheap shots! And I have nothing to apologise for. After all, it was you who called me and 19,999 odd other people a whole barrage of things for renewing season tickets, which never resulted in an apology from you, so....

Still, that is your hypocritical and condescending nature.

[/quote]

Typical of you James, you stated an untruth/lie about me then squirm when its corrected by me, transparent and your not worth my time.

[/quote]

The irony here is delicious.

"Administration is very close" - 1st Wizard

"I''ll support Gunn even after relegation" - 1st Wizard

"We won''t sign Grant Holt" - 1st Wizard

I''m sure there''s more, but I mean the last one you said the same day we DID sign Grant Holt! So for you to harp on about un-truths is slightly amusing. I didn''t squirm, merely pointed out that you are prone to extremely cheap shots at people - such as accusing season ticket holders of killing the club for renewing - and as a result should probably refrain from similar accusations (glass houses and all that jazz)

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CanaryJames"]

Without those two things he would be absolutely lynched by everyone who goes to Carrow Road (not you though, seeing as you don''t).

[/quote]

A word to the wise James for any cheap shots you wish to sling my way in the future.............as a paid up member I do get to Carrow road every season, not as often as I like, but I do.

No, don''t apologise.............you would only choke on it![:|]

[/quote]And there you were calling for everyone to boycott the ground... surely you couldn''t be stating one viewpoint and then doing something entirely different...

After the crap i''ve just seen him play, i bloody hope so!

Short of pace, short of interest and his body language was a bloody disgrace.

Time for you to move on Mr Cureton, Goodbye.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

There was a poster on here who said a few days ago that "when (not if) Holt signs, Cureton will be off to Barnsley".

Any ideas if this is true? What would people think of that?

If we could get any decent money for him, then I''d move him on, but only after we''ve got Maric (or another striker) in permanently. Then I''d like us to bring in another striker on loan for a year just to add a bit more depth.

[/quote]

I''d be delighted. Hopefully Russell and Pattison can follow him out of the door.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]After the crap i''ve just seen him play, i bloody hope so!

Short of pace, short of interest and his body language was a bloody disgrace.

Time for you to move on Mr Cureton, Goodbye.[/quote]I know I said earlier that I would give him a chance but, on reflection, I don''t think I would. He is one of the few left from the old regime and, judging from what has been said about his performance today and the comments he made earlier in the summer about needing to be in the first team, he hasn''t recognised his contribution to last season''s disaster. I still shudder at that miss against Coventry!It''s probably time to cut our losses and grab whatever we can get for him before he ''infects'' any of the youngsters or new recruits. Yes, I''m sure he''s a nice bloke and we run the risk of him coming back to bite us in the proverbial but, in the circumstances, I think I would take that chance.

Indeed. See this is what I mean. I can''t see him getting a game with Martin, McDonald and Holt all ahead of him. Add Maric to that list if he signs.

He will be comfortably the best paid striker we have, so makes sense to shift him. Even if it destroys Wiz...

Agree about Russel, but I think Pattison could do quite well this year as a squad player. I''d also bring Askou in and try and move Stafanovic on to cut back on wages, especially as Askou is significantly younger.

[quote user="dickyst220"]The thing is, it''s all very well saying he should go... & I agree... BUT who would want to buy him????[/quote]

Just leave him in the reserves he''ll soon throw a paddy again and demand a move - he really is utter 5hite - can''t Gunn see it!

Going back to the McVeigh covering for Hoolahan, I think Adeyemi should be up the pecking order ahead of Paul

Is there any footage of his goal today anywhere

[quote user="CanaryJames"]

He will be comfortably the best paid striker we have, so makes sense to shift him. Even if it destroys Wiz...

[/quote]

I got over Ron Davies going, likewise Curran, Flecky, Hucks even the sad death of Barry Butler, Curo would be no different, I would be sad but I would survive............they''d be new City hero''s for us all one day in the future.

My daughter saw your game today and thought him the weakest of your first half strike force.  Either way fell apart after Hoolahan went off she thought and was surprised by McVeigh.

She''s only a girl of course.  [:)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="First Wizard"]Twisting this round, if you want Cuo out you''d be happier with McSmall instead?.........madness![:|][/quote]i would rather have curo...i cant understand wht we signed small mcviegh? i suppose he was a free and could be a good squad player[/quote]Stop slating McVeigh, he has came back and is doing well so please stop it! He''s not rubbish from how he has been playing so far so why wouldn''t you want him?

The sooner Cureton goes the better, whatever he ever had he doesn''t have any more. Sounded like he was doing what he does best again today...missing chances.

I would suggest that if either of the trialists Maric or Wright comes in, then Cureton will be on his way.......personally I thought he was very poor yesterday, and his body language indicated that not all is well......I don''t think he has ever produced for NCFC and I don''t think he will in the future, unfortunately he is past his best and we must go with Martin McDonald Holt and hopefully A.N. Other.

Not sure, i think you need 5 strikers.  Assuming Maric or someone else, then Holt, Cody, Martin and Cureton makes 5.

With the extra subs allowed now, i think it''s safe to assume teams will have 2 strikers on the bench. So with one injury allowed, you would ideally have 4 others - 2 on the pitch, 2 on the bench

Depends whether you would rather have Davey, Kelly or Renton in front of Cureton.

I wonder if Gunn is intending to do a Swansea and play a 4-2-3-1 formation with 2 holding midfielders and 3 attacking midfielders around 1 target man.

That would put Hoolahan back in his favoured through the middle attacking midfield role with Mcveigh, Hughes or Preston''s Simon wide.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Not sure, i think you need 5 strikers.  Assuming Maric or someone else, then Holt, Cody, Martin and Cureton makes 5.

With the extra subs allowed now, i think it''s safe to assume teams will have 2 strikers on the bench. So with one injury allowed, you would ideally have 4 others - 2 on the pitch, 2 on the bench

Depends whether you would rather have Davey, Kelly or Renton in front of Cureton.

[/quote]I''d save the money on Cureton''s wages and give a youth team player a go.

Sort of inclined to agree, there would probably need to be 2 injured strikers for a youngun to get on the bench, and it''s usually a good opportunity to blood a youngster, because it happens so rarely.

Daley being the eldest of the 3 is most likely to get on the pich of those 3 young ones?

I guess end of the day if Cureton doesn''t like being fifth choice, which he won''t, then it might be better to blood the younger ones anyway.

[quote user="King Chops"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

I''d save the money on Cureton''s wages and give a youth team player a go.
[/quote]

Should think that would be quite a saving. I reckon Jamie Lad must be one of, if not the highest paid at the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="King Chops"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Should think that would be quite a saving. I reckon Jamie Lad must be one of, if not the highest paid at the club.

[/quote]

Strange thing is Nutty, it depends which websites you use as to posters opinions on him. On here Jamie is the prime whipping boy, elsewhere, they''''re less rabid and more constructive and hopeful!

So Jamie goes, and who''s next in line for a bashing? Semmy I guess.[:|]

He owes us Wiz. I have stuck up for him in the past but consider a fee of 750,000 and a huge 3 year contract for a return of 15 goals from 68 games. Surely the money could be better spent? But, like I said, he owes us and needs to produced this season to avoid all that money being completely wasted.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He owes us Wiz. I have stuck up for him in the past but consider a fee of 750,000 and a huge 3 year contract for a return of 15 goals from 68 games. Surely the money could be better spent? But, like I said, he owes us and needs to produced this season to avoid all that money being completely wasted.

[/quote]

Maybe soo Nutty, but what about the points I raised, re this site.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you saw him play in the friendly yesterday, you wouldn''t get your hopes up on him turning it round this season.  He looks heavy like McVeigh and he was easily dealt with by two young centre backs who barely broke a sweat in keeping him out.  One header over the bar, one scuffed half volley wide of goal.  Poor showing for 70 minutes on the pitch.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Maybe soo Nutty, but what about the points I raised, re this site.

[/quote]

I love this site Wiz! OK some go over the top but we are all as guilty as eachother. In my eyes The Doc deserves your treatment far less than Curo deserves what he gets from others.

Curetons going to Forfar Athletic

His cousin Troy has a nice farm up there which hes going to rent to Jamie, under the conditions he looks after the geese.

[quote user="King Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you saw him play in the friendly yesterday, you wouldn''t get your hopes up on him turning it round this season.  He looks heavy like McVeigh and he was easily dealt with by two young centre backs who barely broke a sweat in keeping him out.  One header over the bar, one scuffed half volley wide of goal.  Poor showing for 70 minutes on the pitch.

[/quote]

Have to disagree with you there, I was gobsmacked by how involved McVeigh was yesterday, especially in the first half. He started a great move towards the Barclay, exchanging passes with someone who then teed up Martin for a decent attempt on goal & was generally involved in a lot of our good play, I was pleasantly surprised by his performance. Jamie on the other hand, should be shot, if only for that dithering, scuffed effort in the second half when he took so long trying to decide whether or not to shoot that he allowed a couple of defenders to easily disposess him.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]What the hell is that new avator Wiz?[/quote]

Its a rainforest Tim, and in the right colours! its more mellow and reflects my current, non arguementitve mood.[;)]