Semmi did ok yesterday - In the second half he demonstrated his uniquceness that no other City defender has - A Manure player was clean through on a breakaway and Jon appeared from nowhere to cover and take the ball away from the Stricker''s boot. That pace will be valuable and cruicial to City''s possible success in Division Three. If Drury, Doc and/or Nelson are playing - there will be no pace in the defence.

Added to that no passes went astray, he made runs, overlapped and got a couke of crosses in. I beleive he will work well with Whaley down the right. We will have far more pace down the right rather than the left.

He also put a perfect cross onto Cureton''s head in the first half which should have been 1-0

Dear Wingers, try a bit of positve thinking - you might get to like it!

He did some good things yesterday, the 2nd half block when Askou got caught horribly out of position was a very good piece of full back play.  Unfortunately he also showed "Bad Semmy" by (a) forgetting where he was at the start of the 2nd half leading to a Man U attack, (b) playing a horrible back pass to Alnwick.  He also didn''t seem too bothered in linking with Whaley, but these things will take time so we''ll leave that for now.

Lay off him? He shouldn''t have been so catastrophically awful last season. Fair play for his performance yesterday...it wasn''t excellent still however.

After a disgraceful attitude in the past it will take more than one good piece of play to save his Norwich career imo.

Thought he was poor as usual yesterday anyway, apart from the odd moment or two.

nobody denies he has ability and tremendous pace but he has to be the most frustrating player i''ve ever seen for his inability to use these qualities due to lack of confidence and slowness of brain, maybe a good winning streak and bit of gunny''s mothering might help, bloody hope so

like every player iam prepared to give them a chance but after last season i reckon hes lucky to even still be here.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

hes a rocket !

[/quote]he''s an absolute fuckin unit

He was fortunate least season to have a player in front of him who willingly tracked back and covered for his many errors. With Crofty gone he will no longer have that luxury and I fear that,as a result, we will see him cost us even more goals. Yes, he''s quick, but he''s totally brainless. We need to get rid.

Sorry still the same, got lost a couple of times and changed a good attacking move into a defensive error, he lost his way didn''t know what to do next and went back, almost giveing a goal away

Why does Semmi get stick when he did nothing majorly wrong and saved us from a goal when their player was clear through. Yet Doherty gives away a penalty and the trialist misses the ball which leads to their player being clean through until Semmi covered but neither get any stick. If Semmi had done either of these things everybody would be calling for his head, people need to jump off the blame Semmi bandwagon and actually get behind him, last time in this league he was the rb of the season but if he has no confidence because everybody is on his back then hes gonna struggle to find that form again. I would agree with crictism if he had done something costly but he hasnt so all this stick is uncalled for, Doherty should get some for his ridiculous tackle what gave away a pointless penalty.

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Why does Semmi get stick when he did nothing majorly wrong and saved us from a goal when their player was clear through. Yet Doherty gives away a penalty and the trialist misses the ball which leads to their player being clean through until Semmi covered but neither get any stick. If Semmi had done either of these things everybody would be calling for his head, people need to jump off the blame Semmi bandwagon and actually get behind him, last time in this league he was the rb of the season but if he has no confidence because everybody is on his back then hes gonna struggle to find that form again. I would agree with crictism if he had done something costly but he hasnt so all this stick is uncalled for, Doherty should get some for his ridiculous tackle what gave away a pointless penalty.
[/quote]

Sorry, did you miss last season?

Semmy was the worst player in the squad last season. Physically he has all the attributes to make a great player but he has no brain at all and if he does it certainly isn''t connected to his feet. The only thing more frustrating about him is his attitude.

He''s brought the stick that he gets upon himself. I''m not one for having a go at players, but it''s a tough game and players who are as inept and disinterested as Semi are always going to get stick from the crowd and rightly so. He deserved everything he got last season and more.  

Graeme Murty could be the solution, training with saints at the mo. very experienced, still a decent player as Reading fans will tell you and could really make the back 4 solid for league 1. Says he''ll listen to any offers......... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_5446117,00.html