Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Grant Holt Goals

[quote user="Big Bob"]Where are you getting this 750k figure from? Simon cox who got the same amount of goals as Lambert went to West Brom for between 1.5 - 2 million so i doubt we''d get Lambert for 750k. 1 Million at least.
[/quote]its a guestimate and money talks....even at a million..to have Holt and Lambert would be awesome and show real abition on the clubs part...and these 2 would still be a great partnership in the Championship

Yes i agree having those two would be awesome and undoubtedly take us back into the championship, but like i said before we haven''t got the money, and there''s no point moaning about we should have signed Lambert after we''ve signed Holt as we haven''t got the money.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Yes i agree having those two would be awesome and undoubtedly take us back into the championship, but like i said before we haven''t got the money, and there''s no point moaning about we should have signed Lambert after we''ve signed Holt as we haven''t got the money.
[/quote]i never moaned we signed Holt???  we have the money from the sale of Clingan and any money we get for Rusty...the rebate money was used to sign Holt so we should still have some transfer money left...add Clingan money to that Ricky Lambert should be gettable [Y]

city-till-i-die, you don''t understand do you?

The playing budget has to be reduced as our income has fallen considerably, we can''t spend all of the money brought in from the sales of Clingan, Russell and Marshall because a lot of it is needed to offset the fall in income.

The revenue from fans was not nearly enough to cover the wages and operating costs in the Championship so with the reduced revenue this year I suspect some of the transfer fees will have to go to make up the shortfall.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]city-till-i-die, you don''t understand do you? The playing budget has to be reduced as our income has fallen considerably, we can''t spend all of the money brought in from the sales of Clingan, Russell and Marshall because a lot of it is needed to offset the fall in income.[/quote]Clingan £1 mill  Marshall £450k   Rusty £500k??

Thats £2 mil in sales alone £700k rebate and foulger money..then take their wages off....how much have we spent  £450k Holt   Walley £100k the lad from Palace his name escapes me £100k....signing on fee,s  from other signings what shall we say £1 million total?? that still leaves £1.7 mil and that is without any transfer budget we had in place...so there should be plenty left to bring in more players??

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Exactly T, but i suppose some fans are only happy to see the club to gamble with money that isn''t there.[/quote]LMFAO...the board has been doing that for the last 9 years or so...we are 20 million in debt...and look were that has got us LEAGUE 1...WHY NOT GAMBLE ON GETTING BACK TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP??? the longer we stay in this division the more money we would have lost out on!!!   THAT IS MY POINT!!! we need to be buying the best players around league 1 and 2 to stand a chance of getting back up 1st time around [:D][Y]

[quote user="Big Bob"]Where are you getting this 750k figure from? Simon cox who got the same amount of goals as Lambert went to West Brom for between 1.5 - 2 million so i doubt we''d get Lambert for 750k. 1 Million at least.
[/quote]

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2009/07/07/huddersfield-town-chairman-says-no-to-bristol-rovers-lambert-86081-24088580/

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2009/07/07/huddersfield-town-chairman-says-no-to-bristol-rovers-lambert-86081-24088580/

[/quote]lol..cheers tom [Y]  i cant beleive the Huddersfield chaiman stated   "Even if he scored 30 goals a season for those three years, by the time the contract is at an end, the player would be 30, and therefore there would be little or no resale value.  ~Thats what you pay the money for lol...yes probably resale value would be less but if he has hit 30 goals each season you would be in a higher league and the transfer money would have been paid for 5x over

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]by the time the contract is at an end, the player would be 30, and therefore there would be little or no resale value.[/quote]

Because he''d be out of contract...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]by the time the contract is at an end, the player would be 30, and therefore there would be little or no resale value.[/quote]

Because he''d be out of contract...

[/quote]yes but if he had banged in 30 goals the last 2 seasons you would make him a offer to extend his contact before he got in the last year of it [Y]

How does anyone know Ricky Lambert would even want to come to us... Maybe theres alot of clubs in the championship that are already in talks.... come the end of transfer window and he not gone or has gone to a small club then i can see the argument. But right now nobody on here has any idea what him and his agent have lined up for him so it is a pointless arguement!

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]How does anyone know Ricky Lambert would even want to come to us... Maybe theres alot of clubs in the championship that are already in talks.... come the end of transfer window and he not gone or has gone to a small club then i can see the argument. But right now nobody on here has any idea what him and his agent have lined up for him so it is a pointless arguement![/quote]we are not arguing..we are discussing [Y] and yes it is pointless as he has not signed for us ans sadly i think £750k is out of our reach...i was saying it would be nice to see him in a city shirt upfront with Holt

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

Last season Grant Holt only actually scored 11 League Two goals from open play in 43 appearances. The other 9 goals were penalties.

[/quote]

With Clingan Gone, We Will Need A Good Penalty Taker :)

[quote] How does anyone know Ricky Lambert would even want to come to us... Maybe theres alot of clubs in the championship that are already in talks.... come the end of transfer window and he not gone or has gone to a small club then i can see the argument. But right now nobody on here has any idea what him and his agent have lined up for him so it is a pointless arguement![/quote]

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10328~1732993,00.html

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]we are not arguing..we are discussing [Y] and yes it is pointless as he has not signed for us ans sadly i think £750k is out of our reach...i was saying it would be nice to see him in a city shirt upfront with Holt[/quote]It would be nice, but I feel it would take an offer for Cureton to make it a possibility for us in wages and squad balance terms. ... so thats not going to happen then.  Unless they fancy a swap deal, after all Curo was a 750k player recently. [;)]

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]we are not arguing..we are discussing [Y] and yes it is pointless as he has not signed for us ans sadly i think £750k is out of our reach...i was saying it would be nice to see him in a city shirt upfront with Holt[/quote]

It would be nice, but I feel it would take an offer for Cureton to make it a possibility for us in wages and squad balance terms. ... so thats not going to happen then. 

Unless they fancy a swap deal, after all Curo was a 750k player recently. [;)]
[/quote]

You actually may not be far off the mark there. 

It wouldn''t suprise me if Bristol Rovers were interested in cash plus Curo for Lambert.  Curo plus £500k for Lambert would be a good deal. 

In one fell swoop you have got rid of Curo, signed a player who has proven that they can score in this League and you also do not have to worry about Lambert''s wages, because Curo''s wages are off the books.  Everyone''s a winner[:D]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]we are not arguing..we are discussing [Y] and yes it is pointless as he has not signed for us ans sadly i think £750k is out of our reach...i was saying it would be nice to see him in a city shirt upfront with Holt[/quote]It would be nice, but I feel it would take an offer for Cureton to make it a possibility for us in wages and squad balance terms. ... so thats not going to happen then.  Unless they fancy a swap deal, after all Curo was a 750k player recently. [;)][/quote]

It wouldn''t suprise me if Bristol Rovers were interested in cash plus Curo for Lambert.  Curo plus £500k for Lambert would be a good deal. 

In one fell swoop you have got rid of Curo, signed a player who has proven that they can score in this League and you also do not have to worry about Lambert''s wages, because Curo''s wages are off the books.  Everyone''s a winner[:D]

[/quote]The extra we can afford probably is dependant on how much we get for Russel though*.  I hope he hurrys up and leaves!Wonder if they''d take the both of them?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]we are not arguing..we are discussing [Y] and yes it is pointless as he has not signed for us ans sadly i think £750k is out of our reach...i was saying it would be nice to see him in a city shirt upfront with Holt[/quote]

It would be nice, but I feel it would take an offer for Cureton to make it a possibility for us in wages and squad balance terms. ... so thats not going to happen then. 

Unless they fancy a swap deal, after all Curo was a 750k player recently. [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The Bristol manager turned down the chance to sign Cureton a few years ago and Cureton ended up at Colchester.

Martin + cash is more likey to interest them.