Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

In Yellows last night...

I took Queen Chops to the friendly game yesterday and then we went to

the Horse and Dray for a couple of drinks.  On the way home, we passed

Yellows and with curiosity (and laziness) getting the better of me, I suggested we eat

there.

On the table in front of us, by the front windows, sat Delia, MWJ (nice white

shirt/khaki trousers, socks and sandals combo), and four others who I

couldn''t place.  One looked a bit like a footballer, certainly

athletically built but I didn''t recognise him.  Probably one of our new

signings.  They were talking a bit about the game, I heard bits and

pieces - they agreed Adeyemi was man of the match, a mention of Cureton

drew a shrug of the shoulders, nothing particularly interesting was

said regarding comings and goings.

However, seeing them up close and personal instead as of these mythical

club-ruining hate figures some here would like us to believe just made

me think. Regardless of what they''ve done/haven''t done, they are

people, fallible like all of us, richer than most of us, but... well,

with the changes in the boardroom and on the pitch, it seems to me that

they''ve gone a long way this summer to admitting their mistakes and

trying to set things on a better course.  They looked old, and tired,

and I wonder what the last few years has taken out of them.  Perhaps we

should meet them halfway and cut them some slack.  To use management speak, "we are where we are" - we shouldn''t forget how we got here, but we could try and pull together for the journey back.

Oh, the food was okay but Nando''s can rest easy.

[quote user="King Chops"]I took Queen Chops to the friendly game yesterday and then we went to the Horse and Dray for a couple of drinks.  On the way home, we passed Yellows and with curiosity (and laziness) getting the better of me, I suggested we eat there.

On the table in front of us, by the front windows, sat Delia, MWJ (nice white shirt/khaki trousers, socks and sandals combo), and four others who I couldn''t place.  One looked a bit like a footballer, certainly athletically built but I didn''t recognise him.  Probably one of our new signings.  They were talking a bit about the game, I heard bits and pieces - they agreed Adeyemi was man of the match, a mention of Cureton drew a shrug of the shoulders, nothing particularly interesting was said regarding comings and goings.

However, seeing them up close and personal instead as of these mythical club-ruining hate figures some here would like us to believe just made me think. Regardless of what they''ve done/haven''t done, they are people, fallible like all of us, richer than most of us, but... well, with the changes in the boardroom and on the pitch, it seems to me that they''ve gone a long way this summer to admitting their mistakes and trying to set things on a better course.  They looked old, and tired, and I wonder what the last few years has taken out of them.  Perhaps we should meet them halfway and cut them some slack.  To use management speak, "we are where we are" - we shouldn''t forget how we got here, but we could try and pull together for the journey back.

[/quote]BINNER [;)]

At the end of the day I dont think anybody would claim that Delia and MWJ have intentionally brought the club down to its current position. And like you say, they are fallible human beings who have made mistakes and probably aren''t that good as far as running football clubs go. The other problem is they are not rich enough to finance a modern football club yet they fail to move over and/or bring in somebody who does have the necessary finances. They appear to be doing little on that front and if they are doing everything they can to find a rich buyer then they ought to be more open and upfront about it so as to let us know what efforts they have made. Failing that they can only expect to get grief for it.

I agree to an extent, this summer i think they''re realised we needed to focus on being a FOOTBALL club first and that the team needs to be the main priority.

Something that appears to be the case.

[quote user="King Chops"]I took Queen Chops to the friendly game yesterday and then we went to the Horse and Dray for a couple of drinks.  On the way home, we passed Yellows and with curiosity (and laziness) getting the better of me, I suggested we eat there.

On the table in front of us, by the front windows, sat Delia, MWJ (nice white shirt/khaki trousers, socks and sandals combo), and four others who I couldn''t place.  One looked a bit like a footballer, certainly athletically built but I didn''t recognise him.  Probably one of our new signings.  They were talking a bit about the game, I heard bits and pieces - they agreed Adeyemi was man of the match, a mention of Cureton drew a shrug of the shoulders, nothing particularly interesting was said regarding comings and goings.

However, seeing them up close and personal instead as of these mythical club-ruining hate figures some here would like us to believe just made me think. Regardless of what they''ve done/haven''t done, they are people, fallible like all of us, richer than most of us, but... well, with the changes in the boardroom and on the pitch, it seems to me that they''ve gone a long way this summer to admitting their mistakes and trying to set things on a better course.  They looked old, and tired, and I wonder what the last few years has taken out of them.  Perhaps we should meet them halfway and cut them some slack.  To use management speak, "we are where we are" - we shouldn''t forget how we got here, but we could try and pull together for the journey back.

[/quote]

Who paid their bill?....Or was it on the house?

[/quote]

Interesting. You seemed to pay a lot more attention to Michael than Delia. Was Queen Chops curious about your behaviour?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Who paid their bill?....Or was it on the house?

[/quote]

The Directors of NCFC are invoiced once a month for any expenses they incure and they settle there own bills.

[/quote]

And what did you think of that ''socks and sandals combo'', Chopsy?

OTBC

[/quote]

One can''t escape the feeling that you are wanting us to ''feel sorry'' for and ''cheer on'' the gallant losers, so to speak, in the best British tradition. 

But to use more management speak - when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Do you think this is happening? That suit seems, perhaps,  to fit Bowker anf McNally - if so, then  perhaps..........

One love.

OTBC 

Although i pretty much agree with the OP, i only have to think back to D and M`s arrogant reaction to any criticism over the last few years (think back to the reaction to Keith Roads` polite suggestion that things had gone stale and needed to be changed at the `07 agm) to lose alot of my sympathy with them.  These are people who surrounded themselves with luvvies (M.Walker: "You are allowed an opinion at NCFC.....as long as it`s the same as Delia`s"), and have been feted as saviours for too long and it went to their heads imo.

Yes they`ve changed things and brought a strong critic in to boot, we "are where we are" and things are starting to look more positive- but i still think it would do them credit to openly admit their errors then at least we know that they know where they have gone wrong and we can move on.

[quote user="King Chops"]I took Queen Chops to the friendly game yesterday and then we went to

Yellows and with curiosity (and laziness) getting the better of me, I suggested we eat

there.

should meet them halfway and cut them some slack.  To use management speak, "we are where we are" - we shouldn''t forget how we got here, but we could try and pull together for the journey back.

[/quote]Completely agree with you Chops, some people live on cloud cuckooland on this board sometimes, a bit of reasoned, sensible thinking is nice to see. Whatever any of you say, Delia and Micheal has done a heck of a lot more for Norwich City then the vast majority of us who post on this forum and if (it''s a big IF I know but....) if we are celebrating promotion in 10 months time under the guidance of one of our most popular former players and a board made up of Norfolk people and not some sugar daddy Arab, then we will all be over the moon.

I would like to add. Delia had her own table in the TOTT before the game with MWJ, her mother and also invited was the family of a potential investor. Not only to mention there was another potential business investor eating but on a different table who were given a camera to take a video of their whole matchday experience(odd i know!). So just from that it shows they aren''t just sitting back and letting us rott away. They are trying their utmost best and have full interests for the club and rather than let it go to anyone they want to make sure that the club is at heart before the money.

Also to add, had a brief chat with the new chief executive when he was grabbing his Sunday Roast and he said he was firmly enjoying the new challenge and when i mention Grant Holt signing he responded ''Yes he is the type of player for this League, someone who wants to play all the time even if they aren''t fit. And in that case after his recent injury we have to be careful with him and not press him too hard as of yet.''  The guy was really nice and a top fella :)

[quote user="Michael Bates"]

I would like to add. Delia had her own table in the TOTT before the game with MWJ, her mother and also invited was the family of a potential investor. Not only to mention there was another potential business investor eating but on a different table who were given a camera to take a video of their whole matchday experience(odd i know!). So just from that it shows they aren''t just sitting back and letting us rott away. They are trying their utmost best and have full interests for the club and rather than let it go to anyone they want to make sure that the club is at heart before the money.

Also to add, had a brief chat with the new chief executive when he was grabbing his Sunday Roast and he said he was firmly enjoying the new challenge and when i mention Grant Holt signing he responded ''Yes he is the type of player for this League, someone who wants to play all the time even if they aren''t fit. And in that case after his recent injury we have to be careful with him and not press him too hard as of yet.''  The guy was really nice and a top fella :)

[/quote]I was waiting till someone mentioned an investor,I was sitting in the city stand yesterday for the match and sitting next to delia was an asian man. Delia was showing him around the box and introducing him to people and he looked very happy. I hope this is a future sign on investment and well done delia!

I''ve long hoped for a change of ownership whilst feeling a lot of pity for the two of them, I''d love to see a period of success now where we get the feel good factor back and then see them leave in that sort of atmosphere

[quote user="King Chops"]I took Queen Chops to the friendly game yesterday and then we went to

there.

[/quote]Steady on. Revolutionary talk like that can land you in deep trouble. Now suppose it had been Mr & Mrs Gunn at the table. would you still keep that last sentence? Would like to think so.